Pocophone Screens with problems (Multi-touch/latency). Try this on your Poco!

Search This thread

Mdsraly

Dec 10, 2018
Pocophone Screen Issues

Hello everyone. I've been conducting research about this multi-touch/latency issue about the Pocophone's screen. And this is what I've found. It turns out that most, if not all, people with the "tianma" display has hardware issues with their screen. I want to verify whether this is the case. So if you want to know what display you have, follow my steps.

1. Go to settings.
2. About Phone.
3. Tap the kernel version about 4 times and a new window will pop-up.
4. Then tap "Check version info".
5. Scroll down until you see "LCM Information".

That's where you could see what display your Pocophone has. From what I've seen/heard, all tianma with nt36672a has the multi touch/screen latency issue.

So anyone who either has or does not have the issue, can you please state yours for referrence? I'm sure it could help a lot of people. Thanks!

Hi,

I have not faced any screen issues till now. i have been using the device for 3 months now. I have even played games but did not face any touch or latency issues.

Reactions: ankerede

Sowravdas

Nov 23, 2018
Lcm Information

I Think mine is the different then others..
I have fts touchscreen. I know that from a apps called Device info hw.
and I tried your method and its shows this in the screenshot.
I have lots of issue on my display. sometimes touch freezing. and the whole touchscreen is unresponsive then nothing touch will work. I have to press the power button to lock and unlock the device to get the touchscreen responsive. please can u have any solution?https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zPwJ8ohPcQ-ykfdKfbeypuiKIGBAComX

rdnatty

Sep 13, 2015
I have not faced any issues with my screen. I have POCO F1 (INDIA)
LCM information:
dsi_tianma_fhd_nt36672a_video_display.

I tested it after posting and I find that my phone freezes on constantly typing 'p' for a minute or so, and sometimes 'l'. So, issues with 'q' and 'a'. I have on screen navigation enabled and use Swiftkey keyboard. But until now I haven't felt this. Even while playing games like skyforce, I didn't feel a lag.

Last edited:

ogy_j

Jul 9, 2011
I have lots of issue on my display. sometimes touch freezing. and the whole touchscreen is unresponsive then nothing touch will work. I have to press the power button to lock and unlock the device to get the touchscreen responsive. please can u have any solution?https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zPwJ8ohPcQ-ykfdKfbeypuiKIGBAComX

I've the same issue until I have to reboot the phone to get it work again
But after 1 or 2 week like that my phone stop working... (can't start the phone anymore, also can't charge)

Now i send to the retailler to be fix..

I'm waiting my phone back i think is memory issue because i can't get access to my data after that

Dunno if they will give me a new phone or just change the motherboard

Oct 14, 2018

You're the first person I've seen with a different lcm. Have you tried updating to the latest beta?

Reactions: Sowravdas

jomin_995

Mar 3, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
I think i feel a delay every once in a while. Is there a way to test this? Im running pixel experience rom
Simply enable the show taps feature in developer options.. you can then see ghost touches near the top edge usually(mostly while playing games or typing) or just unresponsive screen. A lot of devices have this defect and it is really a pain in the A.

Breunich

Jan 25, 2014
Hi.
My english is not good. Sorry about that.
Do you use the full screen function without function keys on the button of the screen? I have the same panel as postet in first post but have only lags with the full screen function.

Jan 27, 2019
Hello everyone. I've been conducting research about this multi-touch/latency issue about the Pocophone's screen. And this is what I've found. It turns out that most, if not all, people with the "tianma" display has hardware issues with their screen. I want to verify whether this is the case. So if you want to know what display you have, follow my steps.

1. Go to settings.
2. About Phone.

That's where you could see what display your Pocophone has. From what I've seen/heard, all tianma with nt36672a has the multi touch/screen latency issue.

So anyone who either has or does not have the issue, can you please state yours for referrence? I'm sure it could help a lot of people. Thanks!
I've been having the same issues. It's highly annoying. Very visible while playing pubg

t-driver

• Jun 29, 2013
    I had a lag in the right-lower part of the screen, where the last app-icons are. had to tap the phone icon a few times to make a call. sometimes even 5-6 times.
    this was with weekly beta roms, i have tried. global and EU beta roms. depending on which version, it did had lag or not. (ones tried franco kernel and I had no lag in a "laggy" rom)
    then I tried stable EU version and it went away. updated last weeks EU stable update, and still is ok. ….so stable EU for me..

I don't play games, so I can't comment on that.

Nt36672a.

Last edited:

deathnoise

Apr 27, 2007
    I've got Tianma LCD, too. ROM has nothing to do with it. It's all about the Touch Screen drivers (kernel).

I've got the same issues before (touch lags on the corners or near the edges or sometimes even no touch registration at all).
    After flashing Extreme Kernel V8 which is using 9.1.24 version of touch screen drivers - it works great. All problems are gone now.

Also - you should be looking for Tianma panels as these have no issues with bleeding, etc

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      It's noticeable when typing fast that also involves the edges of the screen (letters q, a, etc.) It has a slight delay to it. And also, when playing games, there's a huge inaccuracy to it. It just isn't the same as my previous phone.

Do you use "full screen gestures"? 'couse if you do, that is the source of the slight delay (it's to recognize gestures). I turned of that option, to "buttons". The lag on the letters a, q, etc. is not appearing to me...

1. Go to settings.
      2. About Phone.

i dont have any issue with my poco regarding multi touch.
      I've got Tianma LCD, too. ROM has nothing to do with it. It's all about the Touch Screen drivers (kernel).

I've got the same issues before (touch lags on the corners or near the edges or sometimes even no touch registration at all).
      After flashing Extreme Kernel V8 which is using 9.1.24 version of touch screen drivers - it works great. All problems are gone now.

Also - you should be looking for Tianma panels as these have no issues with bleeding, etc
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone