• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Pocophone Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC possible battery issues (screen battery drain)

Search This thread

fysikos6

Jun 23, 2021
Hello everyone. My first post ever, so I apologize in advance if I miss a rule.

I recently got a new phone, a Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC. Previous one was a pocophone F1, and I was extremly happy with it and its battery life. Now, this new phone, while it does have a huge battery and charges fast, I have the feeling it is actually lasting much less longer than the previous pocophone F1. From the battery usage screen, about 60% of the usage is cause by the screen! Isn't this number enourmous? Could it be a faulty screen, so in that case, I should ask for a replacement? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 19

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
Check if "wake screen for notifications" is on and disable it. Reduce screen timeout to 1 minute. Also use 60hz refresh rate.

It would be extremely unfair to compare the Poco F1 to the X3. It's a bigger screen, higher refresh rate. I currently have both phones and my X3 lasts significantly longer than the F1 (Even with a new battery.)

fysikos6

Jun 23, 2021
Check if "wake screen for notifications" is on and disable it. Reduce screen timeout to 1 minute. Also use 60hz refresh rate.

It would be extremely unfair to compare the Poco F1 to the X3. It's a bigger screen, higher refresh rate. I currently have both phones and my X3 lasts significantly longer than the F1 (Even with a new battery.)
Thanks for the answer, I'll check that.

What battery usage do you get? What is the percentage of screen comsumption?