Pokemon Go Spoofing Questions for dummies

Search This thread

magileine

Sep 23, 2022
Hi, I'm new to XDA but I'm here because I'm pretty much a noob with android and technology. I'm trying to spoof with pokemon go with an android since it seems the safest method. I've looked up methods to root my device and it's been a bit challenging to say the least.

1. I found 1 option of pokemon go spoofing which is using FGL Pro with the official unmodded pokemon go app. If anyone is a pokemon go spoofer, if this still a viable method in 2022?

2. I was wondering what does downgrading google play services achieve exactly? I read it was something about masking your location without rooting, but doesnt FGL Pro already hide and change your location, so why would you need to do that?

Fytdyh

Hi, I'm new to XDA but I'm here because I'm pretty much a noob with android and technology. I'm trying to spoof with pokemon go with an android since it seems the safest method. I've looked up methods to root my device and it's been a bit challenging to say the least.

1. I found 1 option of pokemon go spoofing which is using FGL Pro with the official unmodded pokemon go app. If anyone is a pokemon go spoofer, if this still a viable method in 2022?

2. I was wondering what does downgrading google play services achieve exactly? I read it was something about masking your location without rooting, but doesnt FGL Pro already hide and change your location, so why would you need to do that?
1. that apps seems abandoned since 2019. so unless you would like a ban, i would not use it.

2. so, it seems that a google play services update, sometime between 2015 and 2017, went live and removed those spoofing methods. this can only be attempted if your smartphone runs android 6, 7 or 8. from android 8.1 forwards, it will not work.

Conclusion : so, i skimmed through those reddit posts about this type of practice. if you want to spoof pokemon go, best way would be to get a second device running android 6 and play the game on that. those methods are being patched out on newer devices and new versions of android.