Search This thread

Aenadon

May 14, 2014
Geheimstadt
Yea but the device has magnetomer and accelometer isnt there a way to virtualize that gyroscope? And you say that the game lags?

It actually has a gyroscope, I can't say what the exact issue is for the app.

For the lags I suggest you to use it with "Android Open Source Project [AOSP+RRO] " MM Rom! Try to greenify background apps and it will work more smoothly!

Ok I'll try to use Greenify then (but I'll stick with CM for now)

Sent from my taoshan using XDA Labs

Reactions: n78 shadow

B0nb0n

Oct 3, 2015
I don't think that Xperia L has a gyroscope. It only has an accelerometer and the VR doesn't work with that.

Anyway the game lags massively for me as well, after playing for a bit it lags so much it's barely playable... sometimes it freezes completely.. i am currently using the CM 12.1, i wonder if the game runs better on the CM13, can anyone attest to that?

Rockmins

Nov 12, 2011
colombo
www.facebook.com
I don't think that Xperia L has a gyroscope. It only has an accelerometer and the VR doesn't work with that.

Anyway the game lags massively for me as well, after playing for a bit it lags so much it's barely playable... sometimes it freezes completely.. i am currently using the CM 12.1, i wonder if the game runs better on the CM13, can anyone attest to that?

Yeah it doesn't but I remember when I was using 4.2.2 the AR effect was there ported for the camera working awesomely! I think the app or the camera app doesn't have right camera libs!

Like I said before CM13 RRO with greenify you may able to run it much better!

Aenadon

May 14, 2014
Geheimstadt

I experienced those lags using RR5.7.0 (which basically is CM13).

galorin

Feb 5, 2010
I am using the latest Resurrection Remix. As long as I don't do AR, it's usually not too bad. Just need to keep it plugged in or use an external battery booster. Thing just absolutely hammers the GPS.

A main part of it is I have no idea of knowing how much of it is down to how well the L runs PoGo, and how much is just the sheer popularity of the game and the strain it puts on the servers.

noobp

Jan 18, 2016
Bulgaria
Does Pokemon Go Work In Sony Xperia L Because It Shows Package Installer Fails. Please Tell Help Me.:confused:

On mine works fine. I use AOSP+PRO rom and greenify(Thanks to @Rockmins ) and it works fine, not much lags at all, the game has frozen only 2 times and i think its because of the servers, but the battery drain from the game is big and AR doesn`t work. Try to install it from apk mirror, not google play and you need to be running android 4.4+ on stock rom it won`t work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aenadon

sixsickssex

Aug 18, 2016
Why i cant play pokemon go in my xperia L theres poping when i installing the app it says parse error
There was a peoblem while parsing the pacage

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

On mine works fine. I use AOSP+PRO rom and greenify(Thanks to @Rockmins ) and it works fine, not much lags at all, the game has frozen only 2 times and i think its because of the servers, but the battery drain from the game is big and AR doesn`t work. Try to install it from apk mirror, not google play and you need to be running android 4.4+ on stock rom it won`t work.

How can i do that? Im just a normal person wants to play pokemon go in xperia L please help me with that

noobp

Jan 18, 2016
Bulgaria
Why i cant play pokemon go in my xperia L theres poping when i installing the app it says parse error

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

How can i do that? Im just a normal person wants to play pokemon go in xperia L please help me with that
What rom are you using??? I use this rom and the game worked fine, but i have stopped playing it ..... http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-l/orig-development/rom-android-source-project-t3357214

Rockmins

Nov 12, 2011
colombo
www.facebook.com

Shinoks

Jun 17, 2013
Breslau

Just visit apkmirror.com, search for pokemon go, download apk, put file on your internal storage. you should also install es file explorer from google play first., then find your apk and install

bira90

Aug 6, 2016
Try to Flash ZDkernel with this same Rom (also with ZD kernel control app make sure to overclock it to 1.5ghz , use smartmax governor and tripndroid as I/O Scheduler) ! And using greenify hibernate all other network using apps!. :good:

Hi,

I'm using CM 12.1 (gapps 5.1.1). Pokémon Go used to lag a lot and freeze after some minutes. Every time it happened, I had to pull off the battery and start the phone again. I solved the problem installing ROEHSOFT RAMEXPANDER. I have a 32 GB Micro SD Card, so I have plenty of space to share with memory swapping. The game didn't freeze anymore, but the lagging was still there. It was annoying.

Then I flashed Thunderzap 4.16 kernel so as to control CPU, I/O scheduller etc. After flashing Thunderzap, I felt as if the phone itself got a little bit slower, even with the possibility to overclock the CPU to 1.7 GHz. I haven't found out yet an optimal setting to CPU governor, I/O schedduller and readahead size. The best I could do was "On Demand", BFQ (or Tripndroid) and 16384 kb, respectively. Even using this config, Pokémon Go still lags a lot. Sometimes is playable, sometimes not. And don't even think about battling... When there is a lot of graphic demand, the performance is awful.

Well, it's needless to say that Xperia L has a small internal memory and storage and all new apps you may want to install will "eat" a great deal of it. I created a second primary partition on my SD Card and installed Link2SD so I could move big "system apps" such as Chrome, Maps etc. Anyway, as expected, the phone is slow and even trying Greenify, it isn't getting much better. A lot of apps crash unexpectedly.

Does anybody know if there is a better setting I could use with CM 12.1 so the phone could run more smoothly? Or the better option is really flashing AOSP-RRO (which I haven't tried out yet)?

(P.s.: I HATE when I find a new Pokémon and the game crashes... ¬¬)

Rockmins

Nov 12, 2011
colombo
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I'm using CM 12.1 (gapps 5.1.1). Pokémon Go used to lag a lot and freeze after some minutes. Every time it happened, I had to pull off the battery and start the phone again. I solved the problem installing ROEHSOFT RAMEXPANDER. I have a 32 GB Micro SD Card, so I have plenty of space to share with memory swapping. The game didn't freeze anymore, but the lagging was still there. It was annoying.

(P.s.: I HATE when I find a new Pokémon and the game crashes... ¬¬)

Sometimes making the phone work on 1.7ghz can bring lag to the game(and it's not a good frequency for the XL to operate in also).I'm sorry I cannot comment on how to make it good on Lollipop Roms cause I haven't downgraded from Marshmallow. If you are moving to RRO I suggest you to use ZD kernel (and ZD app) and prepare to sacrifice some of the internal storage for free space(Gapps Pico).

Reactions: bira90

bira90

Aug 6, 2016
Sometimes making the phone work on 1.7ghz can bring lag to the game(and it's not a good frequency for the XL to operate in also).I'm sorry I cannot comment on how to make it good on Lollipop Roms cause I haven't downgraded from Marshmallow. If you are moving to RRO I suggest you to use ZD kernel (and ZD app) and prepare to sacrifice some of the internal storage for free space(Gapps Pico).

Thanks for the hint.

Yeah, 1.7 GHz it's too much for XL. I keep it at 1.5 GHz. I've run a few tests and the best setting I could come up with was CPU governor Interactive (or Intlliactive), I/O Scheduller Deadline with 2.048 kB of Read Ahead. I don't like Deadline scheduller, but for PoGo, it performs well. And with less drive cache also the game runs better. With this config XL is running more smoothly.

About the Gapps, when I first flashed the Gapps 5.1.1, I end up removing all the Google junk I didn't want. Anyway, I'll keep CM 12.1 for a while and I'll do a little more of "user experience". When I change my ROM, I'll let you know.

bira90

Aug 6, 2016
Guys, I tested for a few days the AOSP-RRO ROM and didn't like it. For playing Pokémon Go only, I have to say that it's great, but I didn't like the other options and features that the ROM gave me.

Now I'm using CM12.1 with PICO GAPPs (5.1.1). It made the whole difference. I keep using all the other apps that I suggested above to make the performance better.

Pokémon Go runs smoothly now with a few lags. And the phone also is working smoothly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AR effect doesn't work (it says something like it can't determine the phone's orientation)
    Also, it lags a lot....

For the lags I suggest you to use it with "Android Open Source Project [AOSP+RRO] " MM Rom! Try to greenify background apps and it will work more smoothly!
    Does Pokemon GO AR effect perfectly works on Xperia L of yours? :confused:

AR effect doesn't work (it says something like it can't determine the phone's orientation)
    Also, it lags a lot....

Also, it lags a lot....

Yea but the device has magnetomer and accelometer isnt there a way to virtualize that gyroscope? And you say that the game lags?

It actually has a gyroscope, I can't say what the exact issue is for the app.

Ok I'll try to use Greenify then (but I'll stick with CM for now)

Does Pokemon Go Work In Sony Xperia L Because It Shows Package Installer Fails. Please Tell Help Me.:confused:

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone