• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Polaris 3D Driver *discontinued*

Search This thread

pirgas

Nov 16, 2006
Syrius R1 Problem

Hi Neo, Thanks a lot and congratulations on this wondefull effort from all of you. Need some help because after the installation i can see in programs a folder for 3d drivers but i can't find Touchflo 3d in today items, any idea

Regards

Pirgas

bkeaver

Dec 10, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
if my undestanding is correct this does not give you TFLO 3D but sets you up for TFLO 3D in the future. for now you will have to use M2D untill they perfect the TFLO 3D for our devices.... This is Drivers only not program...this is my understanding.. Is this correct Neo?

bluemetalaxe

Jan 8, 2008
a driver is not a application guys, its a driver ! if you have a PC you install a graphic driver for your graphic card, okay ? Hope this helps noobs understanding what a driver is.
@Neo: i installed it and made a test with sktools, but i can only test "draw bitmaps" and its slower than before (544/531 Points)? So i don`t know if this is a correct test for this kind of driver but it`s the only one i have.

Last edited:

bkeaver

Dec 10, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
I know that it is just drivers I was just trying to give pirgas some insight that it wasnt a program but drivers and trying to get someone to collaborate to support what I was telling him. I think the reason why he thought that it gave him the TFLO 3D app was because of the youtube link on the first page.....

fleadog99

Jun 10, 2007
Syrius R1:

D3D Demo: works - have to reset phone to stop
Lights: works good
text3D: I just see small globs in different colors which should be text but Cant read anything.
triangle: Looks 2d triangle in prism colors large to small, do not see any 3D effect, also have to reset to stop.

klomann666

May 29, 2006
a driver is not a application guys, its a driver ! if you have a PC you install a graphic driver for your graphic card, okay ? Hope this helps noobs understanding what a driver is.
@Neo: i installed it and made a test with sktools, but i can only test "draw bitmaps" and its slower than before (544/531 Points)? So i don`t know if this is a correct test for this kind of driver but it`s the only one i have.

trying to explain "noobs" (hate this word) what a driver is and does but not knowing that a 3D driver will surely not speed up 2D bitmap drawing,poor...
and your "test" isn´t slower, it´s just a normal variance

soterman

Apr 8, 2007
Patra
I just installed the 3D driver (great work again!!!), soft resetted my Polaris (I am on Syrius R1).

I run the GL Benchmark fine - I admit I had never run it before, so I can't really comment, but...

I fired up iGO8 and the main menu was slower. I have enabled the 'animated menus' and now when I moved from page to page, you could definately notice some animation frames being skipped. And that didn't happen before the 3D driver. And all that disappeared after a soft reset! If it wasn't THAT obvious I wouldn't mention it...

Not that it matters to me, the navigation window is still performing with exactly the same speed as before.... I am using iGo8 ver. 8.0.0.54000 (Sep 1 2008)

whitealien

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Paris