Polaris Navigation Upgrade Kit

Search This thread

Abbsta

Nov 29, 2007
What's in the box:

HTC Touch Cruise Car Charger
HTC Touch Cruise Gooseneck Device Holder

b159379.jpg

Due in Feb. Although pictured, the GPS antenna wasn't listed but I'm hoping it's included. If so, not bad for £29.95 me thinks.

Abbsta

Nov 29, 2007
I wouldn't know mate. I saw it on HTC's site listed under accessories for the Polaris. But considering the location of the the GPS socket etc, you are probably right.

Last edited:

ibrow

Nov 24, 2007
Is this available for the Kaiser?

I want this so bad, does anyone know if there is something like this for the Kaiser?

MikeCruise

Dec 28, 2007
I wouldn't know mate. I saw it on HTC's site listed under accessories for the Polaris. But considering the location of the the GPS socket etc, you are probably right.

Considering that the Polaris Nav Upgrade Kit is available in Feb, I suspect that they do not yet have a picture of the Polaris version and are using this to give us an idea of what it is that we are waiting for.

Cheers
Mike

harry_d

Jan 7, 2008
Stuttgart
I don't think this one is but I found a Brodit one here. I'm sure other brands will follow if not available already.

Hello Abbsta,

thanx for the answer, not good.....
The Brodit doesn´t fit 100%, i had it here at the weekend and send it back. Only 99%, the 1% is to put the orbit 2 in the brodit, you need to much power, you have to push it hard and then you even don´t get it out without more power to pull it out *autsch*. i think it´s only 1/10 millimeters, but these 1/10 millimeters doesn´t fit to 100%

CU Harry

Abbsta

Nov 29, 2007
Hello Abbsta,

thanx for the answer, not good.....
The Brodit doesn´t fit 100%, i had it here at the weekend and send it back. Only 99%, the 1% is to put the orbit 2 in the brodit, you need to much power, you have to push it hard and then you even don´t get it out without more power to pull it out *autsch*. i think it´s only 1/10 millimeters, but these 1/10 millimeters doesn´t fit to 100%

CU Harry

Hello Harry,

Thanks for the feedback and hope you have a better luck next time.

Personally I'm waiting to see that pack that I initially posted. Not exactly like that picture but same product for Polaris as it would be perfect for me when renting cars and travelling across Europe.

neila

Sep 19, 2006
What's in the box:

HTC Touch Cruise Car Charger
HTC Touch Cruise Gooseneck Device Holder

b159379.jpg

Due in Feb. Although pictured, the GPS antenna wasn't listed but I'm hoping it's included. If so, not bad for £29.95 me thinks.
I got one of these supplied with my Orbit 2 when I got it from the O2 shop earlier this month. The cradle fits perfectly but the gooseneck is a bit too short for fitting in a convenient place on a raked windscreen. I use the cradle with the fixings from an XDA IIi vent mounting kit and its great for me.
Cheers
Neil

Last edited:

FlaTEriC18041983

Feb 23, 2008
Luxembourg
I find expansys Germany taking me for a ride, postponing the release date of this package on and on. They postponed it every two weeks since the end of february, I'm really pissed, how's that in other countries?