Poll: Are you going to return your G2?

Are you going to return the G2?

• Total voters
Search This thread

joebobjoe

Sep 26, 2010
I'm not trying to flame or troll or piss off anyone. I think it would just be useful to have some stats on the matter of G2 remorse now that the remorse period for many of us is coming to a close.

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
I still have 8 days remorse left. I'm still undecided. I paid full retail price for the phone that's why..

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

joebobjoe

Sep 26, 2010
But as of right now bro I'm thinking of sticking with the g2. Either that or the vibrant? How about you bro?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
If the Vibrant's Froyo OTA really fixes the GPS issue then I'll consider it. Super AMOLED screen + superior GPU + GPS fix + root = win. I really would have loved the G2, I just can't get over the POS hinge. I'd even prefer a plastic phone with a sturdy hinge.

But if I switched to the Vibrant, I would miss HSPA+.

I'll wait and see if there's a Gingerbread announcement this week.

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
If the Vibrant's Froyo OTA really fixes the GPS issue then I'll consider it. Super AMOLED screen + superior GPU + GPS fix + root = win. I really would have loved the G2, I just can't get over the POS hinge. I'd even prefer a plastic phone with a sturdy hinge.

But if I switched to the Vibrant, I would miss HSPA+.

I'll wait and see if there's a Gingerbread announcement this week.

Well my wife has the vibrant and the gps works fine.
The hinge isn't a problem for me so far. The main thing is I love how responsive this phone is. No lag what so ever.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

huh28

Feb 28, 2009
Got a few more days left of remorse...

Thinking of maybe returning it then get that new my touch that's coming out soon. That front facing camera is my only thing missing with the G2. Other than that I love this phone...upgrading from G1 so having this phone is so much faster and so smooth.

Btw, paid full price too.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
Got a few more days left of remorse...

Thinking of maybe returning it then get that new my touch that's coming out soon. That front facing camera is my only thing missing with the G2. Other than that I love this phone...upgrading from G1 so having this phone is so much faster and so smooth.

Btw, paid full price too.

What's the release date for the my touch hd?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Shambala001

Aug 29, 2009
Tampa
www.kilowattlaser.com
I got my phone on the first and havnt had a single problem. It hasnt rebooted a single time, my hinge doesnt open when upside down, I can go about 2 days without charging (I use my phone quite a bit), and coming from the G1, wouldnt trade it for anything else

ultma75

Jun 22, 2009
Houston, Texas
Lack of full root and crappy hinge.... but still a awesome phone I wouldn't get anything else coming out right now

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

CaliCL9

Jul 15, 2010
San Diego
To everyone that is thinking about returning your phone for root reasons.. what makes you think that the MytouchHD or any newer phones coming out will be able to get root working if we havnt got root working on the G2 YET! its just a matter of time before someone cracks the code. Many people thrashing the G2 because it hasnt got root yet if ignorant to the fact that almost all new phones that come out will have some kind of security measure. So if your returning your phone for my MytouchHD goodluck to you my friends, impatience will be the death of you.

c_licious

Aug 14, 2009
Definitely gonna keep mine. The hinge is working out just fine for me, never had it open or close on me. I came from the Nexus One and love how much more responsive the G2 is. I also love having a keyboard although I found the G1 keyboard faster to type on.

Only cons that bug me are the fact that the keyboard doesn't have separate number keys (like the G1) and that you can't force the keyboard backlighting to turn on every time you use it. That light sensor crap is getting a little annoying when the back lighting keeps going on and off in dim light. Otherwise I'm very happy. Paid full price as well.

grimproductions

Oct 17, 2010
Oconomowoc WI
Has anyone gotten it to be fully rooted? I see some people complaining about the processor but from what i read from a pre release was that it had the new qualcom scorpion processor that is under clocked to 800mhz because the graphics chipset was amazing and could handle more then any phone out there. So if a full root could be done then a over clock would be cool to see it run at its full 1.3 ghz that the scorpion processor is capable of. The only reason i would never get one is because its a gsm phone and tmobile in my area blows and at&t just sucks period with their plans and basing everything twards the inferior iphone.

Last edited:

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Yeah in my opinion, besides the root on Vibrant, is the G2 lacking anything from it? I think overall, maybe 75% of all G2 user haven't had that GPS issues.. and that's what that update recently did, right? If not wrong.. and compare to screens, who here is a dedicated phtographer or so call-it that the screen has to be perfect, it works just fine.. for a the purpose of a phone is. I really think Nokia is the one that focus on resolution more than anyone else.. I think that when they make the phone they focus on features more than camera pixels.. more with what a phone can do and rather than what the screen or resolution can improve.. weird, if I think about it maybe.. but me saying

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Also I thought the scorpion was the lastest after the snapdragon besides what ratings say about it?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

grimproductions

Oct 17, 2010
Oconomowoc WI
Well I will say I'm super impressed with the super amoled screen on the epic the one that was a bit over hype is the iphone 4 retna display. Screens don't sell phones hardware and functionality do and not many phones can compete with htc sence ui! Since the first hero showed up its been the benchmark for being very asteticly pleasing and very useful. I'm sure once you guys gain full root access you will love the g2's as much as everyone with a g1 did. I miss my g1 still even the epic is not the same the keyboard on the g1 IMO is the best to date on a phone period. Give the g2 achance we have all been waiting for it sice they announced the hero I'm sure it will take off and pack a punch in the android phone market. (Hopeing its not another nexus 1 fail)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App