• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Poll: do you use the 85% charge limit?

Do you use the 85% charge limit?

• Yes, all the time

• Yes, sometimes

• No, never

• What's the 85% charge limit?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

Zirox

Nov 6, 2016
i personally think that 85% is BS i have had god knows how many phone all charged to 100% every single night and ZERO! issue. and limiting this phone specially to 85 is a big cut in the hours you will get.

Reactions: phatmanxxl

franzus66

Sep 5, 2021
I Use it all the time. 85% is enough Juice for one workday and i simple want the battery to last as long as possible. I have had bad experience with batteries dying after ~3 years.

The 85% Rule is no BS. You also have to keep an eye on minimal SOC and never go under 10% to avoid unnecessary battery degradation. With that your battery will perform according to the specs (~700 cycles until 80% SOH, modern smartphone batteries). Otherwise it will suffer and that reduces cycle life. This is simply the state of current lithium battery tech.

clairelara

Oct 22, 2021
From my pov, a full day usage requires 100% of charge because some of them cannot charge the phone while they are outside the whole day.

I have wireless chargers almost everywhere, so when my phone is not being used it's normally sitting on a charger. That means that it very rarely uses much charge, so charging to 85% is fine by me. If I knew that I was going to be away from a charger for a protracted period, then I'd probably charge to 100% beforehand.

I can't get too excited about battery management. If I need to buy a new battery for my phone at some point in the future (it has never happened yet...) then that's what I'll do.

amicar

Aug 6, 2011
i use 85% because i have quick carger in my car and it charge all the time.
at home I have wireless charger and when i need i put it.

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
I tried it for a few weeks and instead of having 80% leaving work I was at 50%, not really worth it since I'll probably have a new phone in six months. It was too much of a headache stressing about battery life without the phone fully charging.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not a chance. I'd hate this phone if it only charged to 85%.
    i personally think that 85% is BS i have had god knows how many phone all charged to 100% every single night and ZERO! issue. and limiting this phone specially to 85 is a big cut in the hours you will get.