Poll: Does your OnePlus One experience ghost touches

Does your CM11s 33r still have touch issues?

• Yes

Votes: 222 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 118 34.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bradm23

Jul 7, 2010
Previously i have no ghost touch at all.. But suddenly, i got ghost touch after the update.. I dun know why man.:confused:

Any1 suffering this issue ?

Mine was stubborn before 33r but not as bad as it is now. When I first did the 33r update it worked great, but after some time the problems and back and worse than ever.

I am shocked that only about 50% of users are experiencing them. Makes me wonder if there is different hardware being used

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
alright.... so im on the latest build/OTA rooted... and i still have this damn issue!! lol is there a way to fix this yet? or atleast a different ROM with the fix?

I heard the nightlies had a digitizer/touch fix (since it was a software/driver bug i believe) but is this true?
I also wouldn't mind switching to a different ROM, I'll gladly give up some stability and battery life for a fully functioning touchscreen -_-

Technowhiteboi

Dec 21, 2013
Eastcoast
I had this problem 1-2 times in a month of usage. Not a great issue but it definitely existed. With 33r i experienced no more ghost touches, just some occasional touchscreen freeze (unlocking phone was impossible until the system reboot).

Issues that are making me angry are others: touchscreen responsivity and precision, for example. Typing with my 1+1 is a total pain.

I feel you on that man

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
alright.... so im on the latest build/OTA rooted... and i still have this damn issue!! lol is there a way to fix this yet? or atleast a different ROM with the fix?

I heard the nightlies had a digitizer/touch fix (since it was a software/driver bug i believe) but is this true?
I also wouldn't mind switching to a different ROM, I'll gladly give up some stability and battery life for a fully functioning touchscreen -_-

I've tried all the Roms and it doesn't fix this issue for me. It's really the only thing holding back an otherwise nice device. But since I type over a 100 emails/day on my phone it's a real killer. What scares me about this issue is that it seems about 50% of people are affected. If it were only a software problem, I would expect nearly everyone to be affected. Which makes me believe the problem lies partially with the hardware. I guess only time will tell.

AhmedFaiz

Jun 20, 2011
Calicut
Using this device for a more than a month on PA never experienced any touch issue at all so far. Being running fluid as butter. Hoping device's with this issue get fixed soon. Heard One plus and cm team is working on it.

Oneplus one/PA 4.5 beta 4/AK

deathdark

Sep 11, 2009
I have Touchscreen issues too. If I tap with my 2 thumbs alternating and fast There will be a swipe. tested using the app 'markers'. Sometimes there is only a small swipe around the area which I touched with one thumb. But mostly both touched areas will be connected with a line. This mostly happens if the 2 touched areas are close to each other. If there is more space between em I recognize the small Swipes. When im using only one thumb there are none Bugs. It seems that the screen is thinking that the thumb is moving from touch area 1 to area 2 if the both touches came with a fast delay between em

Edit: Tested with pa, cm11s, cm11 nightlies. Using Stock Kernels of the Roms First and ak, Franco for some additional Tests. All combinations are delivering the Same result

Last edited:
Reactions: conalt

richeazy

May 5, 2012
I'm having the same problem. I emailed oneplus support and they told me that if the 33R update did not fix multi-touch issues then the problem is hardware related. I've had the phone for more than a month now but the person I'm emailing told me they would refer me to someone who can get me an exchange. Hopefully this goes well...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1409814976229.jpg
    1409814976229.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 1409815046782.jpg
    1409815046782.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 225

ThaGeNeCySt

May 13, 2008
when typing fast, i get "swipes"... using swift key, i disabled swipe... and it's a little better but for the most part, iinstead of "swipes" i get missed keys and sometimes words erase (because of the swipe left to erase last word feature that's enabled when swipe typing is disabled)

Huge annoyance.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I've tried all the Roms and it doesn't fix this issue for me. It's really the only thing holding back an otherwise nice device. But since I type over a 100 emails/day on my phone it's a real killer. What scares me about this issue is that it seems about 50% of people are affected. If it were only a software problem, I would expect nearly everyone to be affected. Which makes me believe the problem lies partially with the hardware. I guess only time will tell.

I'm of the opinion that those who don't experience it.. don't type as fast as we do. I'm a speed typist (I debug/create programs all day for work) so on a regular keyboard, i can type 90+ words a minute with minimal typos... i'm also quite fast on a touch screen input

wacky.ddw

Nov 7, 2011
I sent mine back trough Paypal buyers protection like you can see here in the first post: LINK

But my brother and 9 other friends have the same phone the weird thing is 2 friends bought the phone before me they have the same problem, but all the other phone's have no problem at all. And they all arrived about 2 months after mine. (At least they claim they don't have any problems)

I tested 3 phones by doing this test:

1 did the same thing. The 2 others that arrived after mine did not.

I asked the other friends they all say they don't have it. So counting the phone I had my brothers phone and the friends 11 devices where 3 have the problem. At first I didn't believe the friends that where claiming there touchscreen was perfectly fine. Also there are only 2 that don't have the yellow tint at all.

So maybe they just have a newer revision? I am afraid to buy a new Oneplus because I don't want to go trough all the trouble again. On the other side there is no phone that looks as good with the same hardware in the same price range...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I received my OPO bought from aliexpress two days ago. Running 33R with franco r19, using hardware buttons. No touch issues, no ghost touches, no yellow bottom screen. It's like buying a HTC phone, but it taste better.
    R18 fixed my problem, so far so good.. very happy :D
    Also having the issue and I consider myself a very fast typist. Just have to slow down now I guess.

Sent from my OnePlusOne

No need, really. All you have to do is disable swipe typing so the phone isn't registering swipes at all. That way it doesn't matter if you get a ghost swipe by typing fast, it won't affect typing.
    It's not ideal (since you even have to lose the swipe function) but it's much better that having random crap screwing up your typing. Was driving me mad. If you combo it with a keyboard that has good prediction capabilities (like SwiftKey) , it probably won't slow you down much. That's what I do.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
    For sure. Mine still have. For me the biggest problem is the poor latency performance, the worst that i experience. Coming from a HTC one, M7. Running nightlies actually.
    Ghost touches fix

Well guys some people including me, have fixed this since the 38R update and all works fine. But for some people probably is a hardware problem. So one member of the official opo forum found a surgery way to fix this with success and proof. Check the following thread please https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...-hint-it-was-never-a-software-problem.186235/
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone