[Poll] Has your phone randomly powered off?

Has your phone randomly shut down?

• Yes multiple times!

Votes: 56 23.0%
  • Only once

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Nope!

Votes: 156 63.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

exxpired

Aug 15, 2010
Watford
Has your 7 Pro randomly shut down since you have had it?

Seems like it's been happening for a fair few people on multiple carriers and versions of the phone, including myself. You can see complaints in the below thread.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/one-out-of-2-oneplus-7-pro-is-now-dead.1043492/

You can get your phone back on by holding power+vol up for a few seconds! This is super annoying as I use my phone as an alarm and now can't trust it to work.

Reactions: tuxing

shihabsoft

Nov 1, 2013

Seems like it's been happening for a fair few people on multiple carriers and versions of the phone, including myself. You can see complaints in the below thread.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/one-out-of-2-oneplus-7-pro-is-now-dead.1043492/

You can get your phone back on by holding power+vol up for a few seconds! This is super annoying as I use my phone as an alarm and now can't trust it to work.

Could be Hardware/Software issue. But if you were able to revive it with the said shortcut, then I think it's a software issue.

Btw never faced this issue.

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Yup, was rather scared as even long pressing power didn't do anything. Thought it was completely game over. Luckily mentioned power-on button combo brought it back to life.

Has happened twice now. So far this and the worthless A/B partition shizzle has left a bad taste for now.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
You could always check to see if this is ticked to make sure you don't miss an alarm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190617-063549.jpg
    Screenshot_20190617-063549.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 928
Reactions: saiz136 and nanodan

wireeater

Mar 15, 2011
Richmond
OnePlus 7 Pro
LG Velvet
Happened to me the other day. I just assumed I drained the battery although I knew there was no way I used it that much since taking it off the charger. I just left it off for a while and then turned it on by attempting to go into the BL.

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
Happened to me 3 times already when I go to bed. So I miss my alarm to wake up. Since I have turned off that sleep optimization crap it hasn't happened. Not sure if that did anything to be honest.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the T-Mobile version and converted to International running stock OS w/ elemental kernel. No issues since I bought it..
    You could always check to see if this is ticked to make sure you don't miss an alarm.
    Hi, @slonn
    What you posted as a response from the OP is hopeful, did they send you FIRMWARE, or tell you where to download it, or do they want to do it themselves, via remote communication?
    They wanted to do it via remote access. You can quote the Case ID: 190716-002477 if you reach out to them.

I have turned off private vpn on pie and did not get a soft boot anymore. I am on Android 10 beta and no soft boots with vpn off.