Question POLL: How long have you had your Fold, and did the inner display crack?

Search This thread

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
CAST VOTES HERE: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/615389-android/79863368 (Registration NOT required!)

So there's a poll in progress that I started on another website, and I wanted to broaden the scope of it by gathering the experiences of XDA's users. Kinda goes without saying, but the poll option wording was crafted to very vaguely capture how long someone's owned their Fold (ANY GENERATION), and how the screen's held up. If you've got a couple seconds, go there and let me know how your experience.

I want this to spread all over the popular tech communities where Z Fold owners are... maybe this catches fire, maybe it gets a couple votes and fades into obscurity... but I wanna try.

Reactions: Talderon
well mine I had for about a month and a half now I haven't had issues but sometimes half the screen has delayed part i don't know if it a software thing or my screen but it seems fine works good I use a rugged casemate case to protect it which helps a lot since the phone is still kinda fragile I can say the screen has improved as for the toughness of it bc I had a z flip 1st gen I loved it never had issues with it I hope my screen doesn't go bc I would have to wait on Samsung but so far I love the phone but wished the cams was better but they do what I need it to do but one thing to keep your fingernails cut bc if you don't it will dent the screen even if don't realize it now the battery life has improved on android 12 I do say that bc I was only getting about 9 hours of heavy useage now im getting about 12 to 14 hours which is good but I dont charge my phone full as it degrades the battery as time goes and what did you have issues with your z fold 3 ? and you should post on reddit to on the z fold 3 communities on there bc there is people that have had screen cracks and all that but all i gotta say is keep the phone clean thats does help alot and its does keep the dirt and micro dirt from gettiing into the phone i always use air duster but i go at a angle at the hinge area and just be careful and i havent had anyhting get into my phone as of this time of me typing this out but good thing this phone is alot more durable since they add water resistant but i hope this help and also when cleaning the outer and inner screens always use a micro fiber towel and a lens cleaner or screen cleaner its does help it stay cleaner and helps with finger prints but i do highly recommend this case for any z fold 3 owner https://case-mate.com/products/tough-black-plus-galaxy-z-fold3-5g

Talderon

I have had mine since a couple weeks after release (shipping delays) and I am STILL on the ORIGINAL factory installed screen protectors on BOTH screens and the ONLY issue I have is that there is a slight scratch on the inner screen that is 100% MY FAULT.

Otherwise, perfectly fine here. :D

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Since November 1st. No issues. Both factory installed protectors still holding up. Been in the Aramid Latercase since day 1. Inner screen looks perfect.

One thing I've noticed in the past few days is the effort to fold and unfold seems less. Like it's broken in? Not loose like a TransAM with 100K miles mind you, but just a bit smoother. And completely silent.

With the colder weather I've been resistant to open the phone up if it has been sitting on the seat of my truck. Been getting used to that skinny outer screen.

annson08

Received mine Oct 6 last year. Inner screen still intact with factory screen protector. I alternate using fingers and SPen Pro on it. Outer screen had a small cut when I was changing cases before so I have a Ringke tempered glass on it. Other than that it's all good
A bit off topic but may I see a photo of the phone with the tempered glass installed? I'm looking for a tempered glass that is case friendly and coincidentally, ringke is in the list.

[email protected]

Mar 7, 2011
Windsor
I've had my Fold 3 for 4 months now .. 2 months into it I opened it up and heard Crack Crack crack.... ohhhhh noooo.. Ended up was only the screen protector it came with was peeling up from the crease. Ended up taking it off and all been well with the screen. No issues so far. Been using the cheap out of it everyday cause I'm still off work. Thinking of getting getting another screen protector for the inside but for now both screens are raw dogging it lol....

A bit off topic but may I see a photo of the phone with the tempered glass installed? I'm looking for a tempered glass that is case friendly and coincidentally, ringke is in the list.

I hope the pic is clear enough. Here's the Ringke tempered glass on the fold.

ringke fold.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: annson08

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
I've had my GZF3 since release and have had no problem at all. I replaced the outer screen protector with Whitestone tempered glass. I removed the inner screen protector.
Likewise! I wish I'd have recorded me doing this, but when I got the raised corners everyone in the reviews talked about, I hit the corners with a heat gun and they were gone in under a minute.

IMG_20220128_062900.jpg

I like to rock my phones with nothing but a skin on the back, and a tempered glass screen protector... but my skin's started lifting, so I at least have to find a thin clear case that plays nice with the dome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CAST VOTES HERE: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/615389-android/79863368 (Registration NOT required!)

So there's a poll in progress that I started on another website, and I wanted to broaden the scope of it by gathering the experiences of XDA's users. Kinda goes without saying, but the poll option wording was crafted to very vaguely capture how long someone's owned their Fold (ANY GENERATION), and how the screen's held up. If you've got a couple seconds, go there and let me know how your experience.

I want this to spread all over the popular tech communities where Z Fold owners are... maybe this catches fire, maybe it gets a couple votes and fades into obscurity... but I wanna try.

ringke fold.jpg

View attachment 5520981
    wow, indeed case friendly. Imma order one rn. Thanks!