Poll: Need some info about OC (only Project T users)

Does OC work for you?

• OC does work on ZE551ML

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • OC doesn't work on ZE551ML

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • OC does work on ZE550ML

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • OC doesn't work on ZE550ML

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    Hi, I need some info from all the Project T users out there (both phone models).

As I made some tests I discovered that the OC code in ZE551ML doesn't seem to work consistently (or not at all according to some users).
    I know that UC works, but depending on your feedback I will just continue with one UC'ed build or keep the normal and the OC/UC build

So here my Poll question:
    Who has real performance improvements with the OC code?

1) ZE551ML and OC does work
    2) ZE551ML and OC doesn't work at all
    3) ZE550ML and OC does work
    4) ZE550ML and OC doesn't work at all

Thanks!

ansebovi

It doesn't improve performance but yes showing 2ghz in 1.8ghz..
    And as I said I can test any build which have 1.8ghz to 2.3ghz if you want and zenfone zoom is going to have 2.5ghz, gpu @640mhz, if they released source, try to implement what they did in that, becoz basically all are same hardware with different clock,. .

glock24

Sep 26, 2012
    It shows 2.5GHz, but geekbench score is not higher than using 2.33GHz. The score for 2.5GHz is even a little bit lower. Tested with performance governor.

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, I feared that...let's see what this poll says, then I can decide if I at least keep the underclocking and keep only the UC version

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
    Intel processors are probably well locked. If tdp throttling is an issue, that can be worked with, but playing with the multiplier is probably out. If anything building a kernel with support for implausibly high frequencies could be a good test. If the phone "works" at 4ghz....

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

Xda909

Sep 12, 2008
    As I sayed in the Kernel-Thread, all my testing makes clear, that on my phone OC doesn't really work. I see the higher clock used in CPU Spy / Kernel Adiutor but there is no performanceimprovement (551ML).

Thank you for your work. And maybe, there is a solution to unlock the SoC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I can see the phone running at 2000mhz in the freq table... But no much performance boost...
      550ml
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone