• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[POLL] Which color did you end up with?

What color Verizon Note 2 do you actually have?

• Total voters
Search This thread

larry_thagr81

Dec 30, 2012
I got Titanium because I think the white will get dirty much MUCH faster and white accessories (cases, flip covers, bumpers) just never seem to be the right shade of white making everything look yellow or dirty.

I honestly based my decision on the sales woman's personal white Galaxy S3. It was white with a heavy yellow hue on the front from use and a whiter than white hard case. Looked terrible. That alone was enough to sway me to Titanium because I had arrived with the intention of getting white. Plus the Titanium is far better/richer looking in person than any of the unboxing videos can really show.

lmao, that's why they invented screen protectors

Namolas

Feb 6, 2009
Vancouver
lmao, that's why they invented screen protectors

She had a screen protector on and it was all yellowed from her makeup, against the background of the white GS3 and a different shade of white for the case. That was actually my point. The other girl that works there has a white GS3 with a screen protector and the whole front is slightly blue from sliding in and out of her jean pocket.

I fail to see how a screen protector is going to make the different shades of accessories match. If anything they make it worse.

universexda

Dec 30, 2012
...I got the Titanium Grey because I think it looks completely badass especially in my clear cruzerlite androidified case.

I have a Titanium Note 2. I had it in a clear no color Cruzerlite, but now I have it in an exactly matching Titanium clear Cruzerlite case. Man this looks clean and elegant. Talk about badass, this is it for real!

larry_thagr81

Dec 30, 2012
I see what you mean, so I guess every situation will be different. In my case, I'm over protective to the point where my case completely shields my phone when sliding it in and out of my pocket. The screen protector will keep me from making contact with any white surface area on the front of the phone. This will be the first phone I own were I will communicate only by a headset or the speakerphone due to the size of this screen. So for me it shouldn't be a problem keeping it looking like new. The exception would be if the white surface area is defective and just oxidizes by itself over time. But even after all those precautions I'll still wipe it down every now and then to keep it looking pristine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

She had a screen protector on and it was all yellowed from her makeup, against the background of the white GS3 and a different shade of white for the case. That was actually my point. The other girl that works there has a white GS3 with a screen protector and the whole front is slightly blue from sliding in and out of her jean pocket.

I fail to see how a screen protector is going to make the different shades of accessories match. If anything they make it worse.

It won't make accessories match, but it can help deter the soft keys from getting discolored with the exception of the home key. But with that unnecessary Verizon logo located on the home key, I surely won't be disappointed with it starts to fade away. I think users will still have the same problem with darker versions of the phone as well. It just will be less obvious when it comes to the makeup discoloring and/or the transferring of dye from clothing.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Looks like you'll have another color to add to the poll =)

Samsung Galaxy Note II Gets Pretty in Pink

Wow! I wish they had a midnight blue version when I purchased my GN2 because that's what I would have selected.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I have a Titanium Note 2. I had it in a clear no color Cruzerlite, but now I have it in an exactly matching Titanium clear Cruzerlite case. Man this looks clean and elegant. Talk about badass, this is it for real!

The titanium grey would look nice in a clear casing, you should post a pic of it.

Acery

Jan 28, 2013
Went white.

Every phone I had was black.

In any event, unless you're pocketing a naked note, it really doesn't matter on your color choice imho.

I however like the look of the Sprint Bodyglove case with the white phone.

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
I really wanted a dark colour phone but for whatever reason everytime i checked out the note 2 (which I did over a dozen times) the white rim around the screen really seemed to enhance the display visibility. Perhaps just an ilusion but it was consistent on multiple comparisons. I suppose I oculd always get a black back or dark case; but I never did like two-tones and cases just make a large phone larger. Oh well so far no regrets; and the sound on this phone is fantastic compare to the driod razr and gs3. A friend wanted to test this phone against his verizon gs3 and when put side by side the clarity really stood out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just have my capacitive key lights off. What's the point in having them light up anyway? You already know what position they're located in after less than a day of use.

And I have a Marble White Note II for those wondering.

You shouldn't have to turn them off, they are nice to have.

Grey all the way. White screams Apple and I don't want any confusion there =)
    I got Titanium because I think the white will get dirty much MUCH faster and white accessories (cases, flip covers, bumpers) just never seem to be the right shade of white making everything look yellow or dirty.

I honestly based my decision on the sales woman's personal white Galaxy S3. It was white with a heavy yellow hue on the front from use and a whiter than white hard case. Looked terrible. That alone was enough to sway me to Titanium because I had arrived with the intention of getting white. Plus the Titanium is far better/richer looking in person than any of the unboxing videos can really show.
    Re: [Q] Which color did you end up with?

Laughed out loud when i read this.

"Grey" unlocked Note2
    Re: [Q] Which color did you end up with?

Truth. Not to mention the hideous light bleed on the capacitive buttons on the White model.

Pics:

White -
    1LU2g

Gray -
    20130110221939.jpg

That Gray photo is one I personally took myself to show how even in pitch black lighting there is 0 light bleed around the buttons. Yet the White photo was taken in well lit environment and still displayed horrible bleeding.

Yuck no thanks. Titanium Gray all the way.

I don't mind the light bleed, but the border around the screen changes colors when the notification LED turns on ( has to be a dark room). I think its pretty cool. :p

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    and I got the gray because every single chic I work with (and there are about 300 of them) has either a white S3 or a white iphone..........

If this thing only came in white I never would have bought it.

Damn bro... where do you work and are they hiring lol? Back on topic, I got the Titanium Grey because I think it looks completely badass especially in my clear cruzerlite androidified case.