Poor AF on Android head unit

Search This thread

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
Hi all,

Have my android head unit installed in my car and regardless of what i try, like different antennas, power amplifiers, etc, i cannot get the AF to work. I can be driving and completely lose the current radio reception unless i manually tune the radio. Enabling RDS does nothing except show the station name.

It's really annoying as my standard facrory unit worked no problem. Can anyone help?

Thanks

smalltownbird

Jan 27, 2010
What kind of car is it? A lot of newer cars have two antenna wires. If the installer didn't get an adapter to connect both you will get very poor reception.

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
What kind of car is it? A lot of newer cars have two antenna wires. If the installer didn't get an adapter to connect both you will get very poor reception.
Thanks for reply. It's a hyundai i40. As far as i can make out there only the one antenna cable connected to the unit and there is the DAB cable just left to one side

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
Had a chat with an installer today and he told me that hyundai are one of the hardest to get right as the radio, amp, antenna all work as a system and as soon as one is removed the ability for all to work right is lost.

Don't know if that's just waffle or if he really knows, but thats what he told me anyway