Poor experience with Steam Link on TCL BeyondTV L55P8M

Search This thread

brunitokap

Aug 13, 2014
I use Steam Remote Play (Steam Link app on my Android TV) on my Android TV in my living room, connected by Ethernet cable to my router in my room, which is also connected by Ethernet cable to my PC. When making the transmission there are very strong stuttering issues, checking the statistics there are no network problems (or so I think, since being wired, and when doing the tests, it tells me that the connection was successful up to 100mbps), but I see that when those hangs occur, where Capture on 1920x1080 says the fps vary a lot, they drop from 28 and go up to 999, they vary a lot! And this does not happen on my PC, on my PC I see a super fluid, sharp image, without hanging. I have already tried all the possible configurations, maybe the TV have issues? no clean Android system software for install on my androidtv? what i think is that the android software doesn't decode the video correctly, is there any way to fix it?
edit: I already tried other services like AMD Link, Parsec, Rainway, etc, the same thing happens in most of them. Only once in my previous setup with an NVIDIA board did I get a really great experience with Moonlight, but they are just that app. And currentlyi i have AMD RX 570 card so that's impossible.

Last edited:

krzysiekstw

Jul 22, 2020
Hi,
Did you find the solution for this maybe?
I have the very same issue on my 55EP680 and I really think something is wrong with the TV as if I use my phone instead, there is no issue at all.

FMAranda

Jun 25, 2011
São Paulo
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Can you try to disable energy saving on this app to see if it help? I read quite a few people saying this can impact on performance. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Special app access (scroll down) -> Energy optimization -> turn off energy saving for Steam Link.

kakahoho

Aug 18, 2010
I'm using Moonlight, H.265 decoding time is ~20-30ms same with my Fire Stick 4K. But H.264 give higher decoding time.
My TV model is 55C8 have same RTD2851 chipset.