Question Poor quality when taking pics of people

Search This thread

Khalid Madkour

Mar 13, 2016
Hello guys,

First of all I love the camera. It is so good but I am facing two issues and would be good if anyone has a solution.

1- When recording a video and zoom between 1.1 - 2.9 the quality is super poor and unusable, however on 1X or 3X the quality is super sharp and great, I am not sure why the main lens act poor when zooming in to 2.9 before switching to the tele lens.

2- taking selfies is great when there is one person or two in the photo but when there are more than 2 in the photo, their faces become so cartoony with no details, even in day light, this happen also when using the back camera. I am using the standard resolution, no idea if using the 40mb or the 108mb will make any different

Other than these, the camera is great!

Reactions: Mohammadi1998

Riyal

• Dec 16, 2011
    Iloilo City
    Hello guys,

First of all I love the camera. It is so good but I am facing two issues and would be good if anyone has a solution.

1- When recording a video and zoom between 1.1 - 2.9 the quality is super poor and unusable, however on 1X or 3X the quality is super sharp and great, I am not sure why the main lens act poor when zooming in to 2.9 before switching to the tele lens.

2- taking selfies is great when there is one person or two in the photo but when there are more than 2 in the photo, their faces become so cartoony with no details, even in day light, this happen also when using the back camera. I am using the standard resolution, no idea if using the 40mb or the 108mb will make any different

1. That's normal. 1.1 to 2.9x zoom is digital zoom. Don't expect the same quality as when you didn't zoom.

2. Use group selfie or disable bokeh from your selfie shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Berserker900

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Thread's title edited and inappropriate posts removed.

Have a nice day 👍
      Hello guys,

Hello guys,

1. That's normal. 1.1 to 2.9x zoom is digital zoom. Don't expect the same quality as when you didn't zoom.

2. Use group selfie or disable bokeh from your selfie shots.
      Thread's title edited and inappropriate posts removed.

Have a nice day 👍
      Thank you!