Question Poor scaling

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Has anyone noticed that the sides of the screen when playing certain games is actually badly scaled, so the game is essentially playing off screen.

Only about 5mm on each side. But in certain circumstances you can miss something.

I use FHD, couple of the games I've noticed it on is Arkanoid Vs Space invaders (great game)

Sonic forces (not so Great)

Same thing on QHD.

Is this just a bug in OnePlus' new system? Or is it an Android 12 /12.1 issue?

Cheers

PS: notice the left side is missing text

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-26-15-46-51-24_5ebfd201cd69bdacbabe1f0c0045e3e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-26-15-46-51-24_5ebfd201cd69bdacbabe1f0c0045e3e7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

Gr8man001

Aug 19, 2012
Washington, DC
OnePlus 10 Pro
Has anyone noticed that the sides of the screen when playing certain games is actually badly scaled, so the game is essentially playing off screen.

Only about 5mm on each side. But in certain circumstances you can miss something.

I use FHD, couple of the games I've noticed it on is Arkanoid Vs Space invaders (great game)

Same thing on QHD.

Cheers

I just tried to duplicate what you mentioned but was unable to replicate this. Did you by any chance change the fonts/display/installed a different font? I do recall from my OnePro 7 days when i had display font/zoom combo set too high and I was unable to use few apps with the same effect you mentioned here. Just a thought:)

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I just tried to duplicate what you mentioned but was unable to replicate this. Did you by any chance change the fonts/display/installed a different font? I do recall from my OnePro 7 days when i had display font/zoom combo set too high and I was unable to use few apps with the same effect you mentioned here. Just a thought:)
Oooh I'm not too sure but I have only replicated what I used to have on my 8 pro, never had this issue.

Let me have a look. It's worth a punt.

I am getting old so need slightly bigger fonts 😭

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Here's my display settings for font and display.

Both at default.

DPI is also unchanged.

Tested all settings within scaling with no affect.

Also this does not affect all apps, only the two I mentioned and potentially others.. if you didn't test with them apps then it wouldn't be a valid test.

Unless you did. Then I'm stumped.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-27-16-39-26-52_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-27-16-39-26-52_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Same thing on QHD.

Cheers