poor signal htc any way of boosting it

Search This thread

robbrookes5

Nov 15, 2008
i have had my phone a week or so now battery is getting better but the cell signal is really bad compared to my last device which was a n8 is there any solution or fix??

stevep999

Aug 1, 2008
Ive a X on Orange and I have to say it seems to struggle to get a good Orange signal in areas I'm sure used to be very good on my sensation.

jaspabt

Mar 29, 2012
St Helens
I am also with Orange. I am finding the connection very eratic. Quite often there seems to be none or one bar, then it will jump to 2 or 3, then drop to none again. Anyone else seeing this? I know there is a thread on the WiFI dropping at times.

drewy

Dec 17, 2005
plz report it to HTC. I'm on T-Mobile (UK) and having same problems. The more reports they get the more likely they'll take note.

Paulst30

Nov 7, 2011
Glasgow
I'm on T-Mobile UK too which now uses Orange masts. Anytime it switches to an orange only signal I only get a G signal. I've turned off data roaming and all is well.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

huwwatkins

Jun 21, 2008
I've found similar issues but also I can't get it to report a signal better than -83dbm. Anyone else notice this?

I'm hoping the 1.28 update has a new radio.

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Try to avoid covering the lower left corner with your hand as it will greatly attenuate the signal. Not to the same extent as the iPhone 4 dramas, but still quite noticeable (2 bars).

jaspabt

Mar 29, 2012
St Helens
I can have my phone on the desk and I am actually seeing the wifi strength and the mobile signal fluctuate between 0 and 2 bars. It does that most times I take it out of sleep mode, it does this for about 60 seconds then stabilises. Happens almost every time.

stevep999

Aug 1, 2008
Just chatted online to HTC and he was quite quick to say - faulty fone. ask for replacement.

But I have heard from a few people locally, all on orange, who have said they have had major reception probs on orange in last few days, dropped calls

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

update

Orange are blaming it on local cell issue, didn't listen when I said its not just local, but then again she did ask me to take battery out of One X !

Anyway, she got me to go to GSM only until local cell fixed. Am I correct in thinking that this will not use HSPDA now though ?

stevep999

Aug 1, 2008
Huw

Just told him I've noticed significent drop in signal from Sensation, lots more T-Mobile log ons too. He quite quickly said get fone swapped.
Orange reply as above, blaming local masts.
The signal seems to jump from one extreme to another either full bars or one bar only.

dengseng

Oct 10, 2011
Adelaide
Huw

Just told him I've noticed significent drop in signal from Sensation, lots more T-Mobile log ons too. He quite quickly said get fone swapped.
Orange reply as above, blaming local masts.
The signal seems to jump from one extreme to another either full bars or one bar only.

just to add on..
me in singapore here having this problem too...
and also using legit microSIM
:mad:

EmperorK

Jul 7, 2010
im on vodafone and today noticed that in an area where reception is usually fine, i had nothing.

... anyone know if this could be solved by a radio update or is it perhaps an unfixable hardware problem?

got the flickering screen too... seriously thinking about ditching htc, but i hate touchwiz and not really sure what to go for... maybe just go backward to a sensation XE.

jaspabt

Mar 29, 2012
St Helens
I can have my phone on the desk and I am actually seeing the wifi strength and the mobile signal fluctuate between 0 and 2 bars. It does that most times I take it out of sleep mode, it does this for about 60 seconds then stabilises. Happens almost every time.

Installed the 1.28 update last night. Signal is now much much much better. I Don't experience any of the above anymore! :D