• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PORT] 2.3.4 Keyboard Working, ADDED FIX

Search This thread

BinaryXeroMedia

Mar 21, 2011
BOURNEMOUTH
[PORT] 2.3.4.KEYBOARD WORKING!!!!!

CREDIT TO _SMURF FOR STARTING THE IDEA FIRST

I HAVE MANAGED TO PORT THE NEW KEYBOARD TO OUR BELOVED X10.

HERE ARE THE FILE THAT NEED TO BE CHANGED AND ADDED.

FOR REFERENCE ONLY
2.3.4 KEYBOARD FILES.rar
[MIRROR]

!!!!!!!!!NEW!!!!!!!!!!
FIXED PACKAGE

FLASH VIA XRECOVERY

[PORT] SWIPE 2.3.4 KB FIX.zip

!!!!!!BELOW!!!!!!
FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FLASHED FACEBOOK 2.0 AND THEME MANAGER V2 AS YOU WILL HAVE THE UPXRES FRAMEWORK ALREADY

FLASHABLE ZIPS. FLASH VIA XRECOVERY. ZIPS MADE BY DIKEJ. THANKS D

KEYBOARD FILES
http://www.mediafire.com/?27ddy2bv72726yg

TEXTINPUT.TNG.APK (INSTALL USING ROOT EXPLORER OR ANY FILE MGR)
http://www.mediafire.com/?8s1dnv1lraoi082

INSIDE THE RAR FILE YOU WILL SEE 4 FILES AND 1 FOLDER. THE FOLDER HAS THE NEW LAYOUT AND LANGUAGE FILES. THERE IS ALSO A PERMISSIONS XML AND A FRAMEWORK FILE.

!!!!!!!!!DISCLAIMER. I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING IS TO HAPPEN. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS LAYED OUT. YOU KNOW THE RISKS!!!!!!!!!
FOR REFERENCE ONLY
FOLLOW THE EXACT INSTRUCTION.

1. OPEN THE XT9 FOLDER AND COPY AND PASTE ALL THE FILES INSIDE TO /SYSTEM/USR/XT9/

2. COPY AND PASTE THE FRAMEWORK (.JAR) TO /SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK/

3. COPY AND PASTE THE PERMISSIONS FILE (.XML) TO /SYSTEM/ETC/PERMISSIONS/

4. COPY AND PASTE THE XT9ENGINE.SO FILE TO /SYSTEM/LIBS/ IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WANT TO OVERWRITE THE EXISTING FILE, SELECT YES.

5.REBOOT INTO XRECOVERY AND FIX PERMISSIONS.

6. REBOOT AND THE INSTALL THE .APK PROVIDED.

7. ENJOY.

IF SOMEONE CAN MAKE A FLASHABLE ZIP AND PM ME THE LINK I WILL ADD TO THE OP AND GIVE YOU CREDIT.

THANKS

screenshot_74.png
screenshot_72.png
screenshot_73.png
screenshot_78.png
screenshot_80.png
screenshot_86.png

Last edited:

deveron3

Jan 15, 2011
So, where da file? Maybe I'm missing something...

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
1. Fix Permissions via xRecovery.
2. Flash Keyboard_2.3.4_X10.zip via xR.
3. Reboot and install normal file textinput-tng.apk.
Hope everything will be okey, I think on my it is :D.

keyboard - flashable zip

textinput-tng - install via file manager

edit:
ummm. or not. please test it, i must go out from home, so i will back later, in the evening. sorry, bye

Last edited:

BinaryXeroMedia

Mar 21, 2011
BOURNEMOUTH

keyboard - flashable zip

edit:
ummm. or not. please test it, i must go out from home, so i will back later, in the evening. sorry, bye

I will add this to the op. Thanks

Nagarebozhi

Dec 11, 2010
install the app last after reboot or add it to /system/app/ but it will overwrite the original so make sure you back up the original first

It works perfect, but it seems to have destroyed my connection in sharing app again damn!

Edit: i have fixed the sharing problem again :) so my only problem is timescape.

PlayStation®3? Adda psnID: Nagarebozhi

Last edited:

mundy725

Mar 12, 2011
Baku
when i reboot i get this message
sorry
the application default input processcom.sonyericsson.txtinput.uxp has stopped unexpextedly . pls try again...

can u help ? what to do ? thanks in adnvance

BinaryXeroMedia

Mar 21, 2011
BOURNEMOUTH
Thank you:) works great how did you solve the permissions problem please?

It wasn't permissions. The thing you missed out was the xt9 folder from usr.:p The files in that folder was for this keyboard and without them you was just getting FC's all the time. Also there was a slider framework for the swipe use. Without you starting this. This would not of happened. Thank you;)

BinaryXeroMedia

Mar 21, 2011
BOURNEMOUTH
when i reboot i get this message
sorry
the application default input processcom.sonyericsson.txtinput.uxp has stopped unexpextedly . pls try again...

can u help ? what to do ? thanks in adnvance

Have you installed the app after you rebooted. That should be normal as the old keyboard is unusable now as you have changed the engine it runs on.

_smurf

Mar 11, 2011
It wasn't permissions. The thing you missed out was the xt9 folder from usr.:p The files in that folder was for this keyboard and without them you was just getting FC's all the time. Also there was a slider framework for the swipe use. Without you starting this. This would not of happened. Thank you;)

This is weird... i tried the framework and mentioned the folder /usr/xt9 is necessary. I totally deleted the new /usr/xt9 and old /usr/xt9.bak from my phone now. I used yours and it started to work:) maybe i corrupted the files while coping before:) Anyways... It is great it works:)

Nagarebozhi

Dec 11, 2010
Have you installed the app after you rebooted. That should be normal as the old keyboard is unusable now as you have changed the engine it runs on.

I installed the apk and it worked fine then I rebooted and I got the same but I just installed the apk again and now it works again.

_smurf

Mar 11, 2011
I installed the apk and it worked fine then I rebooted and I got the same but I just installed the apk again and now it works again.

I flashed all the files (included the apk, not installed apk manualy), rebooted, got FC, rebooted again and it started to work.

After reboots still works now:)

BinaryXeroMedia

Mar 21, 2011
BOURNEMOUTH

Place the app in/system/app/ and fix permissions again. I noticed that every time the phone reboots it deletes the installed one so just replace the one where I said

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Reactions: Nagarebozhi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [PORT] 2.3.4.KEYBOARD WORKING!!!!!

CREDIT TO _SMURF FOR STARTING THE IDEA FIRST

I HAVE MANAGED TO PORT THE NEW KEYBOARD TO OUR BELOVED X10.

HERE ARE THE FILE THAT NEED TO BE CHANGED AND ADDED.

FOR REFERENCE ONLY
    2.3.4 KEYBOARD FILES.rar
    [MIRROR]

!!!!!!!!!NEW!!!!!!!!!!
    FIXED PACKAGE

FLASH VIA XRECOVERY

[PORT] SWIPE 2.3.4 KB FIX.zip

!!!!!!BELOW!!!!!!
    FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FLASHED FACEBOOK 2.0 AND THEME MANAGER V2 AS YOU WILL HAVE THE UPXRES FRAMEWORK ALREADY

FLASHABLE ZIPS. FLASH VIA XRECOVERY. ZIPS MADE BY DIKEJ. THANKS D

KEYBOARD FILES
    http://www.mediafire.com/?27ddy2bv72726yg

TEXTINPUT.TNG.APK (INSTALL USING ROOT EXPLORER OR ANY FILE MGR)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8s1dnv1lraoi082

INSIDE THE RAR FILE YOU WILL SEE 4 FILES AND 1 FOLDER. THE FOLDER HAS THE NEW LAYOUT AND LANGUAGE FILES. THERE IS ALSO A PERMISSIONS XML AND A FRAMEWORK FILE.

!!!!!!!!!DISCLAIMER. I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING IS TO HAPPEN. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS LAYED OUT. YOU KNOW THE RISKS!!!!!!!!!
    FOR REFERENCE ONLY
    FOLLOW THE EXACT INSTRUCTION.

1. OPEN THE XT9 FOLDER AND COPY AND PASTE ALL THE FILES INSIDE TO /SYSTEM/USR/XT9/

2. COPY AND PASTE THE FRAMEWORK (.JAR) TO /SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK/

3. COPY AND PASTE THE PERMISSIONS FILE (.XML) TO /SYSTEM/ETC/PERMISSIONS/

4. COPY AND PASTE THE XT9ENGINE.SO FILE TO /SYSTEM/LIBS/ IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WANT TO OVERWRITE THE EXISTING FILE, SELECT YES.

5.REBOOT INTO XRECOVERY AND FIX PERMISSIONS.

6. REBOOT AND THE INSTALL THE .APK PROVIDED.

7. ENJOY.

IF SOMEONE CAN MAKE A FLASHABLE ZIP AND PM ME THE LINK I WILL ADD TO THE OP AND GIVE YOU CREDIT.

THANKS

screenshot_74.png
    screenshot_72.png
    screenshot_73.png
    screenshot_78.png
    screenshot_80.png
    screenshot_86.png

keyboard - flashable zip

edit:
    A little sneak-peek of the keyboard included in the TEAM ROM v2.2 update!

keys.png
    swiped.png

landkey.png

Oh yeah! It's black!!!!! :) :) :)
    What do you guys think?
    Hi, this keyboard have "ñ" for spanish language? Im looking for the original keyboard from X10i 2.3.3 GB for my ROM Champ-Tof37-X10s-V8.2 and this keyboard looks like it.
    Yes ñ

asking same sort of question again.. is it possible to get this to work with CM7.2??
    Nope

Send from beneath my cloak of magic
    Either the frameworks are missing meaning uxpres.xml or .jar or both. If you look up the theme manager zip inside is the uxpres permissions file and frameworks file. Other than that that is all I can suggest

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Thanks, the uxpres.jar from Arc did the trick!

Guys, I have two kind suggestions to make:

1. When you are "porting" an app from another Xperia device, make sure you locate ALL the files necessary for it to be installed and run.
    You can do this by running a "clean" system and installing the apps one each time. That way you can make flashable zips that work for everyone and avoid the issues and confusion.

2. When making update zips, make sure to set permissions for the new files in the update-script. Fix Permissions in xRec can't always set the correct permissions, so why not include them in the script and be better safe than sorry?

Just my 2 cents.

Now I am making a new zip for the keyboard that will work for ALL stock ROMs,
    no matter which addons have or have not been installed.
    You can add it in the OP as soon as it's up. ;)