[PORT] 2.3.4 Keyboard Working, ADDED FIX

Search This thread

nielneal

Jun 2, 2011
Mumbai
is it compatible with feralab v10?????.....i tried but its giving force close textinput.uxp......can anyone help plz...

zagorteney

Sep 18, 2010
Vrhnika
Keyboard landscape fc!
I've noticed that your port is working also with Xperia S keyboard. But just on 2.3.3 & 2.3.7 SemcGenericUxpRes and not on 2.3.4; it fc in landscape mode. I'm using 2.3.4, because I've port some stuff from Xperia S to my stock 2.3.3, but hate 2.3.7 SGUR.apk look. All is working great, instead keyboard fc.
Any solutions?
Regards, Zagor

Never mind. I fixed it.

Last edited:

xdomx

Jul 1, 2011
hi guys,
is there some way to increase vibration when typing? it would be soo great, coz I almost can't feel it..

eldani19

May 15, 2012
Hi, this keyboard have "ñ" for spanish language? Im looking for the original keyboard from X10i 2.3.3 GB for my ROM Champ-Tof37-X10s-V8.2 and this keyboard looks like it.

Last edited:

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith

eldani19

May 15, 2012
Keyboard landscape fc!
I've noticed that your port is working also with Xperia S keyboard. But just on 2.3.3 & 2.3.7 SemcGenericUxpRes and not on 2.3.4; it fc in landscape mode. I'm using 2.3.4, because I've port some stuff from Xperia S to my stock 2.3.3, but hate 2.3.7 SGUR.apk look. All is working great, instead keyboard fc.
Any solutions?
Regards, Zagor

Never mind. I fixed it.
Works on X10S 2.3.4 rom??

EDIT: Works great only flashing via xrecovery and latter installing the apk. Thanks!

Last edited:

xnan

Jun 17, 2012
Tuticorin
[PORT] 2.3.4.KEYBOARD WORKING!!!!!

CREDIT TO _SMURF FOR STARTING THE IDEA FIRST

I HAVE MANAGED TO PORT THE NEW KEYBOARD TO OUR BELOVED X10.

HERE ARE THE FILE THAT NEED TO BE CHANGED AND ADDED.

FOR REFERENCE ONLY
2.3.4 KEYBOARD FILES.rar
[MIRROR]

!!!!!!!!!NEW!!!!!!!!!!
FIXED PACKAGE

FLASH VIA XRECOVERY

[PORT] SWIPE 2.3.4 KB FIX.zip

!!!!!!BELOW!!!!!!
FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FLASHED FACEBOOK 2.0 AND THEME MANAGER V2 AS YOU WILL HAVE THE UPXRES FRAMEWORK ALREADY

FLASHABLE ZIPS. FLASH VIA XRECOVERY. ZIPS MADE BY DIKEJ. THANKS D

KEYBOARD FILES
http://www.mediafire.com/?27ddy2bv72726yg

TEXTINPUT.TNG.APK (INSTALL USING ROOT EXPLORER OR ANY FILE MGR)
http://www.mediafire.com/?8s1dnv1lraoi082

INSIDE THE RAR FILE YOU WILL SEE 4 FILES AND 1 FOLDER. THE FOLDER HAS THE NEW LAYOUT AND LANGUAGE FILES. THERE IS ALSO A PERMISSIONS XML AND A FRAMEWORK FILE.

!!!!!!!!!DISCLAIMER. I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING IS TO HAPPEN. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS LAYED OUT. YOU KNOW THE RISKS!!!!!!!!!
FOR REFERENCE ONLY
FOLLOW THE EXACT INSTRUCTION.

1. OPEN THE XT9 FOLDER AND COPY AND PASTE ALL THE FILES INSIDE TO /SYSTEM/USR/XT9/

2. COPY AND PASTE THE FRAMEWORK (.JAR) TO /SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK/

3. COPY AND PASTE THE PERMISSIONS FILE (.XML) TO /SYSTEM/ETC/PERMISSIONS/

4. COPY AND PASTE THE XT9ENGINE.SO FILE TO /SYSTEM/LIBS/ IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WANT TO OVERWRITE THE EXISTING FILE, SELECT YES.

5.REBOOT INTO XRECOVERY AND FIX PERMISSIONS.

6. REBOOT AND THE INSTALL THE .APK PROVIDED.

7. ENJOY.

IF SOMEONE CAN MAKE A FLASHABLE ZIP AND PM ME THE LINK I WILL ADD TO THE OP AND GIVE YOU CREDIT.

THANKS

screenshot_74.png
screenshot_72.png
screenshot_73.png
screenshot_78.png
screenshot_80.png
screenshot_86.png

Can you please tell me how you ported it ?
I'm always receiving this error 05-31 12:54:04.336: E/AndroidRuntime(2786): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service com.sonyericsson.textinput.uxp.glue.InputMethodServiceGlue: java.lang.RuntimeException: Binary XML file line #25: You must supply a layout_height attribute.

As I'm porting SEMC ROM for Xperia X8 your information will be very helpful for me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Can you please tell me how you ported it ? Because I'm porting SEMC ROM so your information will be very helpful for me. Thanks.

I had to go through all of the lib files and permission.XML files to find the correct libs, drivers, permissions, .so files. There's a lot to go through. What ROM or APK are you having problems with and maybe I can take a quick look at the ROM and are what's missing. I still have my X10 even though I have my Arc S but left Sony due to outdated hardware all the time. I have moved to more complicated devices to work with in practice before college starts later this year. Let me know if you want me to have a look and give me any and all the changes you have done. The ROM you are trying to port and the link to it. And the device you are porting to.

Regards

Jessie-James Stratton

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

xnan

Jun 17, 2012
Tuticorin
I had to go through all of the lib files and permission.XML files to find the correct libs, drivers, permissions, .so files. There's a lot to go through. What ROM or APK are you having problems with and maybe I can take a quick look at the ROM and are what's missing. I still have my X10 even though I have my Arc S but left Sony due to outdated hardware all the time. I have moved to more complicated devices to work with in practice before college starts later this year. Let me know if you want me to have a look and give me any and all the changes you have done. The ROM you are trying to port and the link to it. And the device you are porting to.

Regards

Jessie-James Stratton

Thanks for your response. Actually I'm trying to port Xperia Live With Walkman's stock 2.3.4 ROM to Xperia X8. As I'm facing textinput-tng force close I didn't uploaded my ROM yet. I have attached the textinput-tng.apk. Please have a look at it. If you don't mind can you please PM me what you actually did to port this one ?

Attachments

• textinput-tng.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
Thanks for your response. Actually I'm trying to port Xperia Live With Walkman's stock 2.3.4 ROM to Xperia X8. As I'm facing textinput-tng force close I didn't uploaded my ROM yet. I have attached the textinput-tng.apk. Please have a look at it. If you don't mind can you please PM me what you actually did to port this one ?

Can I suggest you take the TNG.apk from the xperia PRO as they both have similar screen resolutions. You need to have the apk and libs from a device that is similar to the other. Example being: Xperia X10 needs Arc S/Neo/Ray as the ray has same resolution just different screen size. That may be the cause. I need everything you have done. All files. Links and changelog before I know what to look for as changes have been made already.

Thanks.

xnan

Jun 17, 2012
Tuticorin
Can I suggest you take the TNG.apk from the xperia PRO as they both have similar screen resolutions. You need to have the apk and libs from a device that is similar to the other. Example being: Xperia X10 needs Arc S/Neo/Ray as the ray has same resolution just different screen size. That may be the cause. I need everything you have done. All files. Links and changelog before I know what to look for as changes have been made already.

Thanks.

I have tried as you said but still having the same problem. Maybe I think I have to do something in framework.jar

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [PORT] 2.3.4.KEYBOARD WORKING!!!!!

CREDIT TO _SMURF FOR STARTING THE IDEA FIRST

I HAVE MANAGED TO PORT THE NEW KEYBOARD TO OUR BELOVED X10.

HERE ARE THE FILE THAT NEED TO BE CHANGED AND ADDED.

FOR REFERENCE ONLY
    2.3.4 KEYBOARD FILES.rar
    [MIRROR]

!!!!!!!!!NEW!!!!!!!!!!
    FIXED PACKAGE

FLASH VIA XRECOVERY

[PORT] SWIPE 2.3.4 KB FIX.zip

!!!!!!BELOW!!!!!!
    FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FLASHED FACEBOOK 2.0 AND THEME MANAGER V2 AS YOU WILL HAVE THE UPXRES FRAMEWORK ALREADY

FLASHABLE ZIPS. FLASH VIA XRECOVERY. ZIPS MADE BY DIKEJ. THANKS D

KEYBOARD FILES
    http://www.mediafire.com/?27ddy2bv72726yg

TEXTINPUT.TNG.APK (INSTALL USING ROOT EXPLORER OR ANY FILE MGR)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8s1dnv1lraoi082

INSIDE THE RAR FILE YOU WILL SEE 4 FILES AND 1 FOLDER. THE FOLDER HAS THE NEW LAYOUT AND LANGUAGE FILES. THERE IS ALSO A PERMISSIONS XML AND A FRAMEWORK FILE.

!!!!!!!!!DISCLAIMER. I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING IS TO HAPPEN. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS LAYED OUT. YOU KNOW THE RISKS!!!!!!!!!
    FOR REFERENCE ONLY
    FOLLOW THE EXACT INSTRUCTION.

1. OPEN THE XT9 FOLDER AND COPY AND PASTE ALL THE FILES INSIDE TO /SYSTEM/USR/XT9/

2. COPY AND PASTE THE FRAMEWORK (.JAR) TO /SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK/

3. COPY AND PASTE THE PERMISSIONS FILE (.XML) TO /SYSTEM/ETC/PERMISSIONS/

4. COPY AND PASTE THE XT9ENGINE.SO FILE TO /SYSTEM/LIBS/ IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WANT TO OVERWRITE THE EXISTING FILE, SELECT YES.

5.REBOOT INTO XRECOVERY AND FIX PERMISSIONS.

6. REBOOT AND THE INSTALL THE .APK PROVIDED.

7. ENJOY.

IF SOMEONE CAN MAKE A FLASHABLE ZIP AND PM ME THE LINK I WILL ADD TO THE OP AND GIVE YOU CREDIT.

THANKS

screenshot_74.png
    screenshot_72.png
    screenshot_73.png
    screenshot_78.png
    screenshot_80.png
    screenshot_86.png
    1. Fix Permissions via xRecovery.
    2. Flash Keyboard_2.3.4_X10.zip via xR.
    3. Reboot and install normal file textinput-tng.apk.
    Hope everything will be okey, I think on my it is :D.

keyboard - flashable zip

textinput-tng - install via file manager

edit:
    ummm. or not. please test it, i must go out from home, so i will back later, in the evening. sorry, bye
    A little sneak-peek of the keyboard included in the TEAM ROM v2.2 update!

keys.png
    swiped.png

landkey.png

Oh yeah! It's black!!!!! :) :) :)
    What do you guys think?
    Hi, this keyboard have "ñ" for spanish language? Im looking for the original keyboard from X10i 2.3.3 GB for my ROM Champ-Tof37-X10s-V8.2 and this keyboard looks like it.
    Yes ñ

asking same sort of question again.. is it possible to get this to work with CM7.2??
    Nope

Send from beneath my cloak of magic
    Either the frameworks are missing meaning uxpres.xml or .jar or both. If you look up the theme manager zip inside is the uxpres permissions file and frameworks file. Other than that that is all I can suggest

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Thanks, the uxpres.jar from Arc did the trick!

Guys, I have two kind suggestions to make:

1. When you are "porting" an app from another Xperia device, make sure you locate ALL the files necessary for it to be installed and run.
    You can do this by running a "clean" system and installing the apps one each time. That way you can make flashable zips that work for everyone and avoid the issues and confusion.

2. When making update zips, make sure to set permissions for the new files in the update-script. Fix Permissions in xRec can't always set the correct permissions, so why not include them in the script and be better safe than sorry?

Just my 2 cents.

Now I am making a new zip for the keyboard that will work for ALL stock ROMs,
    no matter which addons have or have not been installed.
    You can add it in the OP as soon as it's up. ;)