• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(PORT) (4.0+) (All Devices) (PS4 Remote Play Port)

Search This thread

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
What you're doing is clearly illegal. The development of this feature certainly costed a lot of money and it's Sony's good right to keep it as an exclusive feature for their new devices. Don't be surprised if they sue you.

By that logic, perhaps we shouldn't root or flash roms and mods because the phones are locked for a reason and R&D went into that. We're all tampering with sophisticated software after all

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Chr0nicDreamz

Apollo89

Mar 9, 2013
By that logic, perhaps we shouldn't root or flash roms and mods because the phones are locked for a reason and R&D went into that. We're all tampering with sophisticated software after all

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

That's something completely different, since the ROMs and mods are created by the community. PS4 Remote Play is a proprietary piece of software, created and owned by Sony, not licensed for use on any other device than the Xperia Z3 Series. When this port is confirmed working, I hope you can understand the consequence: people who were planning to buy an Xperia Z3 device specifically for this feature may now buy any other brand and still enjoy PS4 Remote Play, resulting in a further loss for Sony.

nabsboss

Feb 24, 2008
I'm not agree with you ! We baught a ps4 fort access tout all his feature and i think if they open it to all devices, they will have more success. For the vita or Sony device, they must develop services only for them or a central services like Sony unlimited, video unlimited or gakaï for games not ps4 that i allready paied the hardware, software and services with PS+ ?!

Reactions: titooo7

bobdoblo

Apr 26, 2012
That's something completely different, since the ROMs and mods are created by the community. PS4 Remote Play is a proprietary piece of software, created and owned by Sony, not licensed for use on any other device than the Xperia Z3 Series. When this port is confirmed working, I hope you can understand the consequence: people who were planning to buy an Xperia Z3 device specifically for this feature may now buy any other brand and still enjoy PS4 Remote Play, resulting in a further loss for Sony.

And how many people will buy a PS4 for this amazing feature now available on any Android phone?

Swings & roundabouts. ;)

Anyway, cannot get this working and i think its something to do with the zip.
You say there are apks in it but i can't find any in it and the whole zip is only 128kb in size!

Sent from my GT-I9500

Last edited:
Reactions: insane2103

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
People, don't worry about having it working now as it's useless at the moment.

Once the ps4 remote app is released if someone manage to have it working on devices different than Xperia Z3 I'm sure there would be dozens of people willing to share the correct zip with each file.

insane2103

Jun 6, 2011
www.twitter.com
Well, I rebooted into recovery (CWM), flashed the zip, cleaned cache and dalvik, rebooted.

Then I installed the Playstation APK from the sdcard, just like the instructions in the OP, but, no "remote play" icon, I just managed to use the "second screen" feature. (which reallly did nothing on the last of us).

As my sig states, I´m running this on a Galaxy I9300, with neatrom 7.9 (4.3 android).

Apollo89

Mar 9, 2013
Turn in your phone, the iPhone users are across the hall.

No thanks, I've been using iPhone for three years, but ever since I bought my first Sony Xperia device, I wouldn't want to switch back ;)

Not every Android user supports piracy. I pay for all my apps and PS4 Remote Play is an exclusive app which you pay for by buying an Xperia Z3 device.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
No thanks, I've been using iPhone for three years, but ever since I bought my first Sony Xperia device, I wouldn't want to switch back ;)

Not every Android user supports piracy. I pay for all my apps and PS4 Remote Play is an exclusive app which you pay for by buying an Xperia Z3 device.

Are you even read that you are posting?
Piracy?!?
WTF?

So, every stock based ROM, every app ported from another device or higher API level is piracy?
WooooW...

Really...don't post anf claim ridiculous things...
We'll soon have 99% of Z3 firmware, new stamina, new apps, new settings and many other new things...
That's something Niaboc announced and we all know that.

Don't you think Sony would already contacted XDA moderators and owners and tried to aband releasing something like that?

You are creating too many tensions by posting false informations and half informations.
If anyone gets benign from porting apps and features that's Sony.

When I tried Z2 apps on my Z1 and saw how good are new things are - I bought Z2.
One port won't kill Sony or change their selling results, Sony already did suicide - PS4 app won't change anything...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
One port won't kill Sony or change their selling results, Sony already did suicide - PS4 app won't change anything...

In fact many people who still doesn't know if they should buy a PS4 or Xbox one would choose PS4 if they can have that feature with their smartphone.

If Sony was behind Xbox on sales I'm sure they would be the first ones to released that feature to everybody to boost their sales. However that's not the case so they can decided to keep that feature for Z3 only

Reactions: funky0308

Apollo89

Mar 9, 2013
Don't you think Sony would already contacted XDA moderators and owners and tried to aband releasing something like that?

You are creating too many tensions by posting false informations and half informations.
If anyone gets benign from porting apps and features that's Sony.

When I tried Z2 apps on my Z1 and saw how good are new things are - I bought Z2.

If Sony wanted, they could have made it available on all devices, but they didn't. They chose to keep it as an exclusive feature and use it as a unique selling proposition for their Xperia Z3 series and it's their good right to do so, since they developed it. The OP just stole a piece of proprietary software and illegally distributes it for use on any device, without any agreement of the creator/owner. Anyway, this discussion is useless and I'm going to end it right here. I suggest you learn the difference between open source software and proprietary software.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
If Sony wanted, they could have made it available on all devices, but they didn't. They chose to keep it as an exclusive feature and use it as a unique selling proposition for their Xperia Z3 series and it's their good right to do so, since they developed it. The OP just stole a piece of proprietary software and illegally distributes it for use on any device, without any agreement of the creator/owner. Anyway, this discussion is useless and I'm going to end it right here. I suggest you learn the difference between open source software and proprietary software.

Open source?
Album, Movie or Stamina aren't open source.
Not even ROM.

Google Android is open source but Sony UI isn't.

BTW, how said it's Z3 feature only?
Z3 isn't out yet, just like 4.4.4 or 5 for Z2 so claiming that this won't be available on any other devices is just guessing..

Now we are done ;) (at least I am)

iZack187

Dec 28, 2012
Montreal
Apollo89, while everybody is entitled to their opinion, and I respect yours, but everything here on xda is on a borderline grey zone lol. We have Exchange security bypass, google wallet, now playstation apps.
IT IS a ***** move, yes! Is it illegal? No.
I fully support Sony, they are going down financially and I feel for them. But I refuse to purchase a 600$+ device just to run one app... If Sony were to release this app for any android device, I would gladly PAY for it.
I understand sales are low for Sony phones, but this is also a ***** move from their part to sell an entire phone because of an exclusive app...
So I will download this and I will feel bad...but Sony has left me no choice, lol. Mind you, I still buy exclusive games on PS3, PS4, and PS Vita.

Reactions: nabsboss

nabsboss

Feb 24, 2008
So, i buy a Sony TV that can record my TV show or stock my movies on his hard drive. If the only way for watch them on another devise is to use an app on the Sony Z3, you're think that Sony are on their right to do that ? You think it's a proprietary of Sony ? When i baught this TV, i dont think so !!

Last edited:

androidman23

Nov 14, 2012
I have a galaxy s3 running quantum (4.4.4),and flashing the zip gives me "bad, installation aborted" Intstalling the apk gives me "problem parcing package". When I installed the playstaion app normally off the play store I still get the option to connect to ps4. And How do I use the dualshock manager?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    After the Z3 was announced in IFA 2014 in Berlin. I noticed there was no major change other than the new PS4 Remote Play feature. The feature that allows you to use your Xperia Device as a Second Screen for the PlayStation 4 anytime and anywhere. I was pretty sad that other devices might not get the feature. But it wasn't long until I ported and figured out the necessary files needed to get remote play to any and all Android Devices with Version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). So now we can get Remote Play in our devices too as soon as Sony releases the PS Remote Play APP. But now, it will be compatible with our devices as well.
    So the requirements:
    1. CWM (ClockWorkMod) Recovery
    2. The flashable zip I created
    3. PS APP (Download Link will be given below)
    4. Common Sense and a wee bit of patience.

So here we go:
    Instructions:

Download the Flashable Zip from this link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?5xjqaxipkfc4bsz

And this specific PlayStation APK from here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zvqrvgzcgdu7pq4/playstationapp.apk

Copy them to your Phone.
    Enter CWM Recovery.
    Flash the ZIP.
    Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
    Reboot.
    Then install the PS App normally.
    After you install the App, when you go to the "Connect to PS4" Tab, you will notice that there will be a small logo for Remote Play which isn't there normally. Screenshot is given below:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/z3mgmok8ynfxzvm/Screenshot_2014-09-05-11-59-44.png

Then, when you press on it, this is what it will say:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/11d1ztnk7c4kbls/Screenshot_2014-09-05-11-59-48.png

So it should work when the app is here. But this is what you will need to get the app running.
    When the app comes. It might be incompatible at first but with a port or some changes to the build.prop. We'll be able to get Remote Play Running on your Android Device.

A NOTICE FOR XPERIA Z1 USERS ONLY.
    When the "PS Remote Play App" comes, if Play Store says it's incompatible, this build.prop( link given below) might make it compatible for the Xperia Z1.
    Here is the build.prop: https://www.mediafire.com/?2x6hr5fcovvlbot
    Copy this build.prop to your system folder using a root exploring app and set permisssions to 0644

Please PRESS THANKS and give it a THUMBS UP if this helped you in anyway.
    If anyone could share this to the General Android Development and Hacking Forum, It would be very NICE
    Okay, since I have been getting some questions about quick tips on how I got Remote Play to work on My LG G2 I am going to write out a little tutorial with file downloads. You will most likely need root, and grant root access to a file manager to accomplish this, unless you are a cmd line guru, which I doubt you would be reading this if you know how to access root through ADB. Anyway,

Starting out,

• 1) I would go ahead and Force Stop the PS App, as well as uninstall it. (This is, of course, only if you have it installed before this.)
      2) Download this APK
      3) Open up File Manager of your choice, Copy/Move the .apk you just downloaded into the '/System/App/ ' Directory on your phone.
      4) Change the Permission of that .apk to RW-R-R

5) Download this .dex and Move/Copy it to the '/Data/Dalvik-Cache ' Directory. Same as above you need to change permissions to RW-R-R.

6) Download these two xml files: one, two. Now, move/copy these two files to the '/System/etc/permissions/ ' Directory. Once again, change the permissions to... RW-R-R.

7) okay, now for the important files, .jar's, if you know java lol. File one, File Two

After you download those two files, once again, More copy/moving. Copy these two files to the '/System/Framework/ ' Directory. After they have been successfully copied them, change the permissions to RW-R-R.

8) Now, Reboot!

9) Go to play store download PS App.

10) Go back to the location where you downloaded the Remote Play .apk and click the .apk to install like normal. Now, the installation should finish. Great.

Update, if you moved the remote play .apk from step 3, then just go to the /System/app directory and click on the .apk file from there. You just need to open the Install prompt and install the app for the force close to dissipate.

11) go back into PS App, and under the 'Connect to PS4' you should now see a Remote Play button to the right.

12) Clicking it should open the Remote Play app, if you get the Error 8800.... whatever, Then you need to uninstall SuperSU or whatever the app is that controls your Root Permissions.

I know in SuperSU, I used the option, "Reinstall - Cleanup for reinstallation from Google Play" and then just never reinstalled, until I need root again.

Hopefully this helps some people.

EDIT: Click on Save Link as for the XML files, they show up as literal XML files for me, Not sure about your guys lol
    n4xtmr.jpg
    Guys i made this flashable zip that installs RemotePlay app, libs, jars and dex files with just one click. I recommend it to users that wants a quick way to install it.

Also, if you can't get RemotePlay app to work or even to get it to show inside the app drawer, you should install it with my installer.

Please do a Nandroid Backup before installing that zip... Better safe than sorry!

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!xRRFFCzI!OkZ8_x_l4VKQguXvmRh83LHpmj_n2MI2auh2UvPm23Q

P.S. It should work on any device
    P.S.2. You still need to unroot or to hide root in order to use it.
    I just wonder why Samsung/HTC/ LG users doing here if this is a Sony Cross Device Development,
    Is ya'll forum not good enoung ?
    Buy next time a Sony device then !

Send From My "Personal" MoonWalker Revolution
    Buy yourself a domain, a hosting, build a forum and start being a moderator there