• [SONY]

Votes: 74 17.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
Hey guys, after consecutive sleepless nights porting, testing and perfecting, me - @sirdoha would like to introduce the most comprehensive port of the Sony Sound System™, including ALL Sony Walkman™ Exclusive Audio Processing Libs and Effects for ALL Android devices in the world! Also support MAGISK systemless module.​

Proudly featured in the Front Page of XDA News Portal and more than 20 technology newspapers with dozens of thousands of downloads!

INTRODUCING

XZ2-Sound-system.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

DOWNLOAD & INSTRUCTION
Visit the SECOND post ⇩

FAQs
Visit the THIRD post ⇩

Press the ":good: Thanks!" button if you find this mod helpful!​

Last edited:

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
The most COMPREHENSIVE port of ALL Sony Walkman™ Exclusive Technologies: DSEE HX™, ClearAudio+, S-Force, XLOUD, Clear Phase, Clear Stereo, Clear BASS, VPT, Headphone Automatic Optimization, LDAC
XZ2_Sound_System.png

Proudly featured in XDA Portal: LINK with thousands of downloads after 12 hours

FEATURES:
- Support ALL Android devices in the world!
- Files ported directly from Sony Xperia XZ2 latest firmware 51.1.A.3.159
- DSEE HX working (The Slider is always OFF though; however, it DOES work)
- ClearAudio+, S-Force, XLOUD, Clear Phase, Clear Stereo, Clear BASS, VPT, Headphone Automatic Optimization, LDAC
- Super STRONG and DEEP BASS, TREBLE, CLARITY
- Improve Music definition to nearly Hi-Res Audio
- Xperia XZ2 Qualcomm HW Audio Processing
- Directly integrate to your Walkman App Settings

COMPATIBLE WITH:
All Android Devices from Lollipop to Oreo
Thoroughly tested on:
- Xperia XZ1 Compact running AOSP | Android 8.1
- Xperia Z5 and X running LineageOS 14 | Android 7.1.1
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 running Nitrogen OS | Android 8.1
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 running ROM RR Nougat | Android 8.1
- Xiaomi Mi 5 running Global ROM | MIUI 10 BETA
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 running Global ROM | MIUI 10 BETA
- Galaxy S6e running UlTiMaTe Touchwiz | Android 7.0
- Oneplus 2 running OxygenOS 3.5 | Android 7.1.1
- Lenovo K4 Note running RR ROM | Android 7.1.2
- Lenovo Zuk Z2 running Stock ROM | Android P
- Xperia M2 running Ressurection Remix | Android 8.1
- Xperia Z3+ running Stock ROM | Android 7.1.1
- Xperia Z running LineageOS 14.1 | Android 7.1.2
- Xperia Z3 Compact running CarbomROM | Android 8.1
-... and a LOT more which I am too busy to add :)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Currently, I add support for ALL devices, including Sony Stock ROMs and Systemless Magisk Module
There are THREE different version/branch of this SoundMod:
- [Universal] Edition for All Android devices, except Sony Stock ROMs
- [SONY] Edition exclusively for Sony Stock ROMs
- [Magisk] Edition is a systemless module*

*Credit bro @KProject for your great help with creating the Magisk module

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
- (Recommended Optional: Uninstall AudioFX first)
- (Magisk Edition user needs to install Magisk first: link)
- Head to Recovery Mode
- Flash your compatible edition
- Clear Caches and Dalvik
- Restart and Enjoy!
- Remember to follow the steps below ⇩

WARNING:
After rebooting, playing a song in Walkman, lock your phone, wait for 5 seconds then turn the screen on again, all Sony Sound Effects features will be activated and work flawlessly.
Remember to repeat this step every reboots.

DOWNLOAD:
Latest Version:
- [Universal] Edition: V1.4 Google Drive DropBox MEGA Yandex
- [SONY] Edition: V1.3 Google Drive DropBox MEGA Yandex
- [Magisk] Edition: V1.4 Google Drive DropBox MEGA Yandex

*You may encounter "Too much downloads" error due to exceed quota. I'm trying to get more mirrors as soon as possible.

Older Version:

- [Magisk] Edition:
V1.3 Google Drive

- [Universal] Edition:
V1.3 Google Drive
V1.2 Google Drive
V1.1 Google Drive
V1.0 Google Drive

CHANGELOG:
V1.0:
V1.1:
- Fix ClearAudio+ conflicts with DSEE-HX
- Remove Incompatible File
- Add exclusive Sony LDAC technology for superior Bluetooth Audio Transmission quality
V1.2:
- Sound Enhancement and Libs updated to Xperia XZ2 latest firmware: 51.1.A.2.213
- Miscellaneous improvement to the Qualcomm® HW Audio Processing module
- Update AudioFX removal scripts
V1.3:
- Add support for Magisk Systemless module and Sony Xperia Stock ROMs
- Remove unnecessary files
- Update to latest firmware: 51.1.A.3.159
- Minor optimzation
- Reduce package size
V1.4:
- Fix in-call audio problem: loudspeaker not working
- Reduce package size
- Minor optimization

DISCLAIMER:
- Use it at your own risk
- Please choose the correct Edition: [Universal], [SONY], [Magisk]
- Feel free to ask any questions
- If you wish to implement this mod to your ROM, PM me
- It is not intended to be compatible with other Sound Mods. You can try though, but remember to backup
- DO search the thread and check the FAQs section before asking for your issues. Thanks!

Press the ":good: Thanks!" button if you find this mod helpful!

Last edited:

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
1_9quq_Cp7_Tnk_WLGkc4_OEq9y_Q.jpg

[Important] 0. I installed the MOD but when playing music, there is no effects/differences/changes?
-> After rebooting, playing a song in Walkman, lock your phone, wait for 5 seconds then turn the screen on again, all Sony Sound Effects features will be activated and work flawlessly.

1. I've already turned DSEE-HX on but why whenever I come back to the setting page, it is left off?
-> As I've mentioned in the 1st post, DSEE-HX DOES WORK when you turn it "ON". Just left it after turning "ON".
-> To toggle OFF the DSEE-HX you have to switch the slider to "ON" again, then turn "OFF" because the slider always display as "OFF".
-> Further explanation: The Sony DRM cause the issue with the graphic file of the DSEE-HX's slider. It, however, does not affect the audio quality or function of this MOD.

2. Why this MOD have different editions?
-> Actually the [Universal] edition supports all devices except Sony Stock ROMs. The [SONY] edition is then created to fix this hole, specifically made for Xperia devices running the Stock or Stock-based ROMs. The [Magisk] edition adds support for Magisk Systemless Module to reduce over-modding your original system.

3. Does this MOD provide the same audio processing quality of Sony Xperia XZ2?
-> Short Answer: YES!
-> Further Explanation: This MOD is the most comprehensive port of all Sony Xperia XZ2's EXCLUSIVE Sound Processing, Libs and Effects, including all Sony best Audio Technologies: DSEE-HX, ClearAudio+, S-Force, XLOUD, Clear Phase, Clear Stereo, Headphone Automatic Optimization, LDAC. Just flash the MOD and you will immediately notice the superior audio quality brought to you by Sony.

4. Why other MODs in XDA does not offer DSEE-HX? Does DSEE-HX really work on this MOD?
-> After adding some tweaks and patches for partially simulating the DRM, we recognize that despite the slider doesn't work properly, the DSEE-HX audio codec DOES work flawlessly. This is due to the lack of Sony DRM causing the issue with the graphic file of the DSEE-HX's slider. However, this does not affect the audio quality or function of DSEE-HX so we decided to include this EXCLUSIVE port of DSEE-HX on this MOD.

5. How to donate?
-> I made this tweak JUST FOR FUN with the desires of contributing something valuable for the XDA community.
-> I didn't intend to receive donations. If you wish, you can donate me the XDA Ad-Free though. lol

6. How to delete AudioFX?
-> Get ROOT permission, open your desired File Explorer and delete the System/priv-app/MusicFX (Remember to Back it Up)

7. Does this MOD compatible with other Sound MODs?
-> This MOD is not intended to be compatible with other Sound Mods. It is recommended to uninstall other Sound MODs before installing this to avoid conflicts.
-> Update: Some of our testers reported this MOD works with Sound MODs made for the Sony Xperia XZ, XZ2 and Z5's stock ROMs so you can try (remember to Back-Up before taking any risk please)

8. How to uninstall this MOD?
[For Sony and Universal Edition] -> Just Dirty Flash your existing ROM (reflash your ROM via Recovery - You don't have to delete your personal data and apps)
[For Magisk and Treble Edition] -> Simply toggle off the module in the Magisk Manager App then reboot. Voila!

9. Hey @sirdoha, my device is XXX running XXX ROM with Android X.XX. Can I install your MOD?
-> My MOD support ALL Android devices in the world! Just remember to back up in case something goes wrong and choose the right [Edition] for your device. Clearly read the 1st, 2nd and 3rd post for more info before taking any risk!

10. Why the audio effect only apply to Sony Apps?
-> This is due to Sony restriction. You, however, can use this awesome guide from my mate @PDesire to remove this restriction: Link to the thread

11. I have FC issue with the WalkMan App?
-> Please try PowerAmp app instead.

12. I don't see Audio Setting, please try ONE of these workaround:
- Plug your earphone
- Uninstalling and Installing the module several times in Magisk (for [Magisk] user)
- Reflash the ZIP file (for [Universal] and [Sony] user)
- Reinstall Sony Music (Walkman) App
- If none of these works, install Poweramp App.

Last edited:

mlleemiles

Jul 13, 2015
Doesn't work on Z5 compact, 7.1.1 stock with no sound mods. Resulted in bootloop. Shame :'(

Last edited:

mlleemiles

Jul 13, 2015
Which ROM are u using?
I'll try to test it on my Z5 LineageOS again to see if there is any issues. A fix would be released then. ;)

Stock firmware .54, android 7.1.1 rooted with magisk.

Here are the mods I installed:
XZs UI port, a modded systemui.
Headset notifier and night mode, containing a modded z5 framework and an app.
X Compact bootanimation.
Green Kernel with custom voltage magisk module.

mlleemiles

Jul 13, 2015
Tried it with LOS 14.1 on Z5 Compact. Sometimes it works sometimes it turns music into absolute earrape.. Otherwise great work!

EDIT: I figure all the sound effects for speakers are applying to the headphones for a brief moment when you don't play music with headphones connected for a while, which turns the volume way too up..

Last edited:

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
Stock firmware .54, android 7.1.1 rooted with magisk.

Here are the mods I installed:
XZs UI port, a modded systemui.
Headset notifier and night mode, containing a modded z5 framework and an app.
X Compact bootanimation.
Green Kernel with custom voltage magisk module.
Bro, as I have stated in the first post, this could only be used in AOSP-based ROM (ex: LineageOS, CarbonROM, AOKP, etc)
This mod is not intended to work on Sony Stock ROMs ;)

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
Tried it with LOS 14.1 on Z5 Compact. Sometimes it works sometimes it turns music into absolute earrape.. Otherwise great work!

EDIT: I figure all the sound effects for speakers are applying to the headphones for a brief moment when you don't play music with headphones connected for a while, which turns the volume way too up..

Hi @mlleemiles, have u tried the method in the first post?

WARNING:
After rebooting, playing a song in Walkman, lock your phone, wait for 5 seconds then turn the screen on again, all Sony Enhancement features will be activated and work flawlessly.

Last edited:

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
It should work on M2 R-Remix also, right? I currently have Pexomod set up but it fails to play FLAC for me.

Sent from my Xperia M2 Aqua using XDA Labs
Yes, one of our tester has a M2 running LineageOS and it works flawlessly. Should work on RRemix too :D

Before installing this mod, try uninstalling PexoMOD to avoid conflicts.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, after consecutive sleepless nights porting, testing and perfecting, me - @sirdoha would like to introduce the most comprehensive port of the Sony Sound System™, including ALL Sony Walkman™ Exclusive Audio Processing Libs and Effects for ALL Android devices in the world! Also support MAGISK systemless module.​

Proudly featured in the Front Page of XDA News Portal and more than 20 technology newspapers with dozens of thousands of downloads!

INTRODUCING

XZ2-Sound-system.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

DOWNLOAD & INSTRUCTION
    Visit the SECOND post ⇩

FAQs
    Visit the THIRD post ⇩

Press the ":good: Thanks!" button if you find this mod helpful!​
    The most COMPREHENSIVE port of ALL Sony Walkman™ Exclusive Technologies: DSEE HX™, ClearAudio+, S-Force, XLOUD, Clear Phase, Clear Stereo, Clear BASS, VPT, Headphone Automatic Optimization, LDAC
    XZ2_Sound_System.png

Proudly featured in XDA Portal: LINK with thousands of downloads after 12 hours

FEATURES:
    - Support ALL Android devices in the world!
    - Files ported directly from Sony Xperia XZ2 latest firmware 51.1.A.3.159
    - DSEE HX working (The Slider is always OFF though; however, it DOES work)
    - ClearAudio+, S-Force, XLOUD, Clear Phase, Clear Stereo, Clear BASS, VPT, Headphone Automatic Optimization, LDAC
    - Super STRONG and DEEP BASS, TREBLE, CLARITY
    - Improve Music definition to nearly Hi-Res Audio
    - Xperia XZ2 Qualcomm HW Audio Processing
    - Directly integrate to your Walkman App Settings

COMPATIBLE WITH:
    All Android Devices from Lollipop to Oreo
    Thoroughly tested on:
    - Xperia XZ1 Compact running AOSP | Android 8.1
    - Xperia Z5 and X running LineageOS 14 | Android 7.1.1
    - Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 running Nitrogen OS | Android 8.1
    - Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 running ROM RR Nougat | Android 8.1
    - Xiaomi Mi 5 running Global ROM | MIUI 10 BETA
    - Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 running Global ROM | MIUI 10 BETA
    - Galaxy S6e running UlTiMaTe Touchwiz | Android 7.0
    - Oneplus 2 running OxygenOS 3.5 | Android 7.1.1
    - Lenovo K4 Note running RR ROM | Android 7.1.2
    - Lenovo Zuk Z2 running Stock ROM | Android P
    - Xperia M2 running Ressurection Remix | Android 8.1
    - Xperia Z3+ running Stock ROM | Android 7.1.1
    - Xperia Z running LineageOS 14.1 | Android 7.1.2
    - Xperia Z3 Compact running CarbomROM | Android 8.1
    -... and a LOT more which I am too busy to add :)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
    Currently, I add support for ALL devices, including Sony Stock ROMs and Systemless Magisk Module
    There are THREE different version/branch of this SoundMod:
    - [Universal] Edition for All Android devices, except Sony Stock ROMs
    - [SONY] Edition exclusively for Sony Stock ROMs
    - [Magisk] Edition is a systemless module*

*Credit bro @KProject for your great help with creating the Magisk module

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
    - (Recommended Optional: Uninstall AudioFX first)
    - (Magisk Edition user needs to install Magisk first: link)
    - Head to Recovery Mode
    - Flash your compatible edition
    - Clear Caches and Dalvik
    - Restart and Enjoy!
    - Remember to follow the steps below ⇩

WARNING:
    After rebooting, playing a song in Walkman, lock your phone, wait for 5 seconds then turn the screen on again, all Sony Sound Effects features will be activated and work flawlessly.

DOWNLOAD:
    Latest Version:
    - [Universal] Edition: V1.4 Google Drive DropBox MEGA Yandex
    - [SONY] Edition: V1.3 Google Drive DropBox MEGA Yandex
    - [Magisk] Edition: V1.4 Google Drive DropBox MEGA Yandex

*You may encounter "Too much downloads" error due to exceed quota. I'm trying to get more mirrors as soon as possible.

Older Version:

- [Magisk] Edition:
    V1.3 Google Drive

- [Universal] Edition:
    V1.3 Google Drive
    V1.2 Google Drive
    V1.1 Google Drive
    V1.0 Google Drive

CHANGELOG:
    V1.0:
    V1.1:
    - Fix ClearAudio+ conflicts with DSEE-HX
    - Remove Incompatible File
    - Add exclusive Sony LDAC technology for superior Bluetooth Audio Transmission quality
    V1.2:
    - Sound Enhancement and Libs updated to Xperia XZ2 latest firmware: 51.1.A.2.213
    - Miscellaneous improvement to the Qualcomm® HW Audio Processing module
    - Update AudioFX removal scripts
    V1.3:
    - Add support for Magisk Systemless module and Sony Xperia Stock ROMs
    - Update to latest firmware: 51.1.A.3.159
    - Minor optimzation
    - Reduce package size
    V1.4:
    - Reduce package size
    - Minor optimization

DISCLAIMER:
    - Use it at your own risk
    - Please choose the correct Edition: [Universal], [SONY], [Magisk]
    - Feel free to ask any questions
    - If you wish to implement this mod to your ROM, PM me
    - It is not intended to be compatible with other Sound Mods. You can try though, but remember to backup
    - DO search the thread and check the FAQs section before asking for your issues. Thanks!

1_9quq_Cp7_Tnk_WLGkc4_OEq9y_Q.jpg

[Important] 0. I installed the MOD but when playing music, there is no effects/differences/changes?
    -> After rebooting, playing a song in Walkman, lock your phone, wait for 5 seconds then turn the screen on again, all Sony Sound Effects features will be activated and work flawlessly.

1. I've already turned DSEE-HX on but why whenever I come back to the setting page, it is left off?
    -> As I've mentioned in the 1st post, DSEE-HX DOES WORK when you turn it "ON". Just left it after turning "ON".
    -> To toggle OFF the DSEE-HX you have to switch the slider to "ON" again, then turn "OFF" because the slider always display as "OFF".
    -> Further explanation: The Sony DRM cause the issue with the graphic file of the DSEE-HX's slider. It, however, does not affect the audio quality or function of this MOD.

2. Why this MOD have different editions?
    -> Actually the [Universal] edition supports all devices except Sony Stock ROMs. The [SONY] edition is then created to fix this hole, specifically made for Xperia devices running the Stock or Stock-based ROMs. The [Magisk] edition adds support for Magisk Systemless Module to reduce over-modding your original system.

3. Does this MOD provide the same audio processing quality of Sony Xperia XZ2?
    -> Short Answer: YES!
    -> Further Explanation: This MOD is the most comprehensive port of all Sony Xperia XZ2's EXCLUSIVE Sound Processing, Libs and Effects, including all Sony best Audio Technologies: DSEE-HX, ClearAudio+, S-Force, XLOUD, Clear Phase, Clear Stereo, Headphone Automatic Optimization, LDAC. Just flash the MOD and you will immediately notice the superior audio quality brought to you by Sony.

4. Why other MODs in XDA does not offer DSEE-HX? Does DSEE-HX really work on this MOD?
    -> After adding some tweaks and patches for partially simulating the DRM, we recognize that despite the slider doesn't work properly, the DSEE-HX audio codec DOES work flawlessly. This is due to the lack of Sony DRM causing the issue with the graphic file of the DSEE-HX's slider. However, this does not affect the audio quality or function of DSEE-HX so we decided to include this EXCLUSIVE port of DSEE-HX on this MOD.

5. How to donate?
    -> I made this tweak JUST FOR FUN with the desires of contributing something valuable for the XDA community.
    -> I didn't intend to receive donations. If you wish, you can donate me the XDA Ad-Free though. lol

6. How to delete AudioFX?
    -> Get ROOT permission, open your desired File Explorer and delete the System/priv-app/MusicFX (Remember to Back it Up)

7. Does this MOD compatible with other Sound MODs?
    -> This MOD is not intended to be compatible with other Sound Mods. It is recommended to uninstall other Sound MODs before installing this to avoid conflicts.
    -> Update: Some of our testers reported this MOD works with Sound MODs made for the Sony Xperia XZ, XZ2 and Z5's stock ROMs so you can try (remember to Back-Up before taking any risk please)

8. How to uninstall this MOD?
    [For Sony and Universal Edition] -> Just Dirty Flash your existing ROM (reflash your ROM via Recovery - You don't have to delete your personal data and apps)
    [For Magisk and Treble Edition] -> Simply toggle off the module in the Magisk Manager App then reboot. Voila!

9. Hey @sirdoha, my device is XXX running XXX ROM with Android X.XX. Can I install your MOD?
    -> My MOD support ALL Android devices in the world! Just remember to back up in case something goes wrong and choose the right [Edition] for your device. Clearly read the 1st, 2nd and 3rd post for more info before taking any risk!

10. Why the audio effect only apply to Sony Apps?
    -> This is due to Sony restriction. You, however, can use this awesome guide from my mate @PDesire to remove this restriction: Link to the thread

11. I have FC issue with the WalkMan App?
    -> Please try PowerAmp app instead.

12. I don't see Audio Setting, please try ONE of these workaround:
    - Plug your earphone
    - Uninstalling and Installing the module several times in Magisk (for [Magisk] user)
    - Reflash the ZIP file (for [Universal] and [Sony] user)
    - Reinstall Sony Music (Walkman) App
    - If none of these works, install Poweramp App.

NEW version released for [Magisk] and [Universal] Edition!
    - [Universal] Edition: V1.4 BETA
    - [Magisk] Edition: V1.4

CHANGELOG:
    - Reduce package size
    - Minor optimization

KUDOs: Bro @KProject for helping with optimizing the Magisk Module :laugh:
    As I posted in some previous sony sound enhancement mod, I will post it here. I've been trying to fix the bug that has bothering for several months now, but no luck. The problem is that audio_effects.conf in system/vendor/etc is converted to XML file format in newer ROMs for many devices including official LineageOS builds and AOSP based ROMs. That has been achieved with conf2xml converter by Luk1337. That's why many users that are on those kinds of ROMs have no effect even with SeLinux set to permissive and deleted MusicFX, because the conf file in this mod isn't being used. I've converted the same conf file form this mod to XML and replacing it on top of the conf file but the device just stucks in bootloop. The only thing that I think it would work is to revert the conversion. The commit should look like this, it's different for your device, check your device tree. I haven't this solution, yet, but I will update once I build it.