Port any Custom Rom for your Android Smart Phone.. Easy Steps!!!!

Search This thread

SaadUsmani

Oct 24, 2012
Okara
header.jpg

Credits
This is not work at all thanks to the XDA DEVELOPERS who made porting easy all credit goes to them iam just sharing it..

So lately so many custom Roms are ported and i thought let's share how to port a custom Rom in easy steps!! Did i said easy steps? yes!! porting is that easy shuffling things from here to there replacing files and you are done so let's start how to port a rom.

Notice
First Iam not Responsible if you somehow brick your phone always make a backup. Second This will not work on MIUI and LEWA SINCE YOU NEED THE RAMDISK FILES in next tutorial i will tell you how to pack and unpack the boot.img to get the Ram disk...

Things you Need

• Open Mind other wise not possible ;)
  • Any working Rom for your phone
  • Rom to port
  • Rooted Phone

Remeber!!! All Rom will not work on your device

1. First of all you need to choose a porting rom of phone with similar spec's as your phone have i.e Processor,Ram,internal Storage,size,Camera and same android version otherwise it will not boot up
  2. Then make two folders one named base and second named port
  3. Put any working Rom files for your phone to folder named base
  4. Then put the downloaded working Rom you want to port to the folder named port
Copy these files from stock to port:
System/etc/firmware (whole folder).
System/lib/modules (whole folder).
System/usr/keylayout/generic.kl
Meta inf/.../update script
Meta inf/.../ update binary
Boot.img

Repack it in Zip folder not Rar..Put it into the root of your SD go into recovery wipe data wipe cache and flash your created Rom and you are done Happy Porting ;) Please give feedback if got success and need anyhelp.. Dont Forget to click the thanx button. This is all i need in Return :cowboy:

OFFICIAL THREAD

caine0001

Apr 1, 2013
header.jpg

Credits
This is not work at all thanks to the XDA DEVELOPERS who made porting easy all credit goes to them iam just sharing it..

So lately so many custom Roms are ported and i thought let's share how to port a custom Rom in easy steps!! Did i said easy steps? yes!! porting is that easy shuffling things from here to there replacing files and you are done so let's start how to port a rom.

Notice
First Iam not Responsible if you somehow brick your phone always make a backup. Second This will not work on MIUI and LEWA SINCE YOU NEED THE RAMDISK FILES in next tutorial i will tell you how to pack and unpack the boot.img to get the Ram disk...

Things you Need

• Rom to port
  • Rooted Phone

1. First of all you need to choose a porting rom of phone with similar spec's as your phone have i.e Processor,Ram,internal Storage,size,Camera and same android version otherwise it will not boot up
  4. Then put the downloaded working Rom you want to port to the folder named port
Boot.img

Repack it in Zip folder not Rar..Put it into the root of your SD go into recovery wipe data wipe cache and flash your created Rom and you are done Happy Porting ;) Please give feedback if got success and need anyhelp.. Dont Forget to click the thanx button. This is all i need in Return :cowboy:

OFFICIAL THREAD

Question: I have a stock rom of my Samsung Express i437. I have located everything you mention in the System folder but there is nothing named Meta Inf/ in my ROM and no file named "update script" or "update binary". So can you give me some guidance here on what I am supposed to do. All the other folders and files have been located. Where do I find Meta inf/.../update script and Meta inf/.../ update binary?

FahmiFitu

Dec 14, 2012
Tripoli
header.jpg

Credits

Notice

Things you Need

• Rom to port
  • Rooted Phone

Boot.img

OFFICIAL THREAD

I used this guide to port a custom rom from htc one s to htc sensation .. when i tried to flash it it gave me error 7 .. i searched the internet i fixed iit by deleting the assert lines .. now it gives me error 6 >> i know my only problem is in update script .. what do i have to edit to make it work ?

qmobilea2

Mar 12, 2013
karachi
www.mgeeky.com
I used this guide to port a custom rom from htc one s to htc sensation .. when i tried to flash it it gave me error 7 .. i searched the internet i fixed iit by deleting the assert lines .. now it gives me error 6 >> i know my only problem is in update script .. what do i have to edit to make it work ?

status 6 error is due to wrong updater script so edit ur updater script very carefully specialy in writing those mounting lines of run program nd also remove format system line if any !!

Reactions: mahesh gaonkar

FahmiFitu

Dec 14, 2012
Tripoli
status 6 error is due to wrong updater script so edit ur updater script very carefully specialy in writing those mounting lines of run program nd also remove format system line if any !!

Okay I fixed this prob now when i flash the rom status 0 comes out and i cant flash roms no more. I have to format and repartition my sd card.

Best regards

Reactions: Servine

qmobilea2

Mar 12, 2013
karachi
www.mgeeky.com
Okay I fixed this prob now when i flash the rom status 0 comes out and i cant flash roms no more. I have to format and repartition my sd card.

Best regards

Now this Status 0 error is due to update binary file located in meta-inf folder.
To fix this just took out update binary file from any rom which works on ur phone nd then copy it nd paste it in ur port rom's meta-inf folder.
Problem done now u will not get any status 0 ,6,7 error.!!
Nd one more thing this guide is for mediatek smart phones not htc or samsung phones!!

Sent from my A2 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Mustafa Mubashir

SaadUsmani

Oct 24, 2012
Okara
exactly!!

Best regards

Now this Status 0 error is due to update binary file located in meta-inf folder.
To fix this just took out update binary file from any rom which works on ur phone nd then copy it nd paste it in ur port rom's meta-inf folder.
Problem done now u will not get any status 0 ,6,7 error.!!
Nd one more thing this guide is for mediatek smart phones not htc or samsung phones!!

Sent from my A2 using xda app-developers app

exactly!! i have already told i have only tried successfuly porting rom for mtk based phones... iam not sure it wil work on samsung or not....

manikkumar20

Mar 8, 2011
iris504qdevelopment.blogspot.tw
Need help

I was have ported ROM using this method..
I used same specs devices to port the rom..based on MTK6589
All went right..
successfully flashed booted up..but there is some problems..plz help how to fix it..
1. No sound is coming from the SPEAKER..headphones r working
2. Back camera not working...the camera app just stops working and closes..
Help plzz..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    header.jpg

Credits

Notice

Things you Need

• Rom to port
    • Rooted Phone

Boot.img

OFFICIAL THREAD
    header.jpg

Credits

Notice

Things you Need

• Rom to port
    • Rooted Phone

Boot.img

OFFICIAL THREAD

Question: I have a stock rom of my Samsung Express i437. I have located everything you mention in the System folder but there is nothing named Meta Inf/ in my ROM and no file named "update script" or "update binary". So can you give me some guidance here on what I am supposed to do. All the other folders and files have been located. Where do I find Meta inf/.../update script and Meta inf/.../ update binary?
    nice guide but d14gvn remember those files arent the only files we need i saw on many other porting threads that we would need to replace whole folders for a port rom to work :)
    Thank !

header.jpg

Credits

Notice

Things you Need

• Rom to port
    • Rooted Phone

Boot.img

OFFICIAL THREAD
    Bro really Helpful Post, just ported a ROM SUCCESSFULLY !​
    :good:
    nice guide but d14gvn remember those files arent the only files we need i saw on many other porting threads that we would need to replace whole folders for a port rom to work :)
    i have ported so many roms following these steps dont wory it will work but i have tried it on mtk processor dont knw it will work on samsung or not