I have managed to port the Google Pixel Live earth wallpapers and Live data wallpapers to Android 6.0+ devices.
1. Extracted from Google Pixel system dump.
2. Added libgeswallpapers-jni.so in the Live earth wallpapers apk.
3. Added libgdx.so in the apk from the official nightly.
4. Fixed Your world, Solar System to work on Android M.
5. Fixed Live data wallpapers.
6. Re-signed by me to make them installable as a normal app.
Pixel Wallpapers 2016
Live Earth (WallpapersBReel)
Arches National Park, Moab, Utah
Garden, Kent, United Kingdom
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park
Horizon Changes according to the battery level
Pantheon, Rome, Italy
Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia
Your world, Solar System Fixed for ARM
Crash on Android N? Please try 7.0+ APK.
Live Data (WallpapersUsTwo) Fixed
Aurora, Time lapse Changes according to the time
Orbit, Jazz Black
Orbit, Radiant Blue
Shadow, Cloudless Blue
Shadow, Dusk Black
Shadow, Morning Rose
Shadow, Pure White
Shadow, Sea Green
Shadow, Twilight Blue
Live Earth (WallpapersBReel)
Your world, Solar system wallpaper will not work on Android M devices as they do not have createDeviceProtectedStorageContext() method in the framework. This method is introduced in the Android N for the Direct Boot implementation. You can read more on this here. We need to disable this call by editing smali, I will try to do it later and if anyone is interested, please pm me.
Now, fixed without breaking the Active Boot functionality on Android 7.0+ devices, please check the download section.
Live Data (WallpapersUsTwo)
It uses Google GCM/Firebase so, when we resign the APK, it throws security exception due to signature mismatch (visible in logcat). This makes wallpaper very laggy and unstable. Although, it is working fine if you turn off the mobile data and WiFi.
Now, fixed by disabling the Google GCM. No side effects found yet. Please test and report.
Many users are facing Horizon live wallpaper crash in Android M. I have searched a bit and found that it is a known issue of Android M (6.0). I am trying to fix it by editing smali/xml but there is no success yet.
The crash is fixed, it was some OpenGl ES error. On some devices it is showing just black screen and I can't do anything more as it is due to the fragment/pixel and vertex shader of the Horizon wallpaper.
Your world, Solar system crashes on Android N
I have tried to fix it, please download and test the apk from the below link. It should work on Android 6.0+ devices. If still issue occurs then, please post logs.
Separate testing apk added for Android 7.0+ devices. Please note that it will work on arm64-v8a devices only.
1. Uninstall any previous APK otherwise, the signature conflict will occur.
2. Download the APK from the below section.
3. Install it as a normal app using any file manager or via adb.
4. Select from different live wallpapers. Wallpapers > Live wallpapers.
On some devices/ROMs (like Samsung, etc.), please install Google Wallpapers to set live wallpapers.
Live earth wallpapers Mirror (Google Drive) 6.0.x ARM64 only
Live earth wallpapers Mirror (Google Drive) 7.0+ ARM64 only
Universal APKs for all devices Texture Fix by @jekapaty Testing ARM/ARM64
Live data wallpapers Mirror (Google Drive) Root All devices
Unmodified version added for Android 7.0+ devices. They are working fine so, no need to modify anything.
Please uninstall the previous version first to avoid signature conflicts.
Stills (extracted from the above APKs)
Pixel Wallpapers 2016 Mirror (Google Drive) Still 720x1280
Pixel Wallpapers 20 7.0+
Pixel Wallpapers 20a 7.0+
Pokémon Sidekick 7.0+
Pixel Wallpapers 19 7.0+
Pixel Wallpapers 18 6.0+
Pixel Wallpapers 2017 6.0+
How to set wallpaper on the lock screen?
It depends on the ROM. Please contact your ROM developer or device manufacturer.
Not working on Exynos, Kirin or any other chipset?
These wallpapers are designed according to the Snapdragon chipset so, I can't do much in this.
What will be the impact on battery life after using these wallpapers?
It depends on the device and chipset, we cannot control battery drain completely as these wallpapers perform some heavy OpenGL task in the background. Snapdragon 835 is a battery efficient and powerful chipset so, these are perfect for Pixel 2/XL devices. If you are really concerned about the battery drain, please use All devices version as it is independent on the required library and hence less processing in the background. Although, some users experienced no battery drain and some have it. It is very uncertain and difficult to answer.
Working but why there is too much lag?
It really needs some good hardware so, don't expect them to be running smoothly on low end devices (like Snapdragon 400 and 600 series). If lagging in higher end devices (like Snapdragon 800 series) then, may be some GPU drivers issue. Please report with logcats or contact your ROM developer.
What about arm32 (Nexus 6, OnePlus One, etc.) devices?
Some wallpapers are found to be working on some devices. Logcat posted by @pav2805 for device OnePlus One, clearly mentions that OpenGL ES version is not supported which means that hardware is incompatible. Unfortunately, no fix is available yet.
App not installed error on some Samsung or LG devices?
- Enable Samsung live wallpaper picker or LG live wallpaper picker from the package disabler. Give a thanks to @mohitgalaxy3 on this post.
- Do not select them from the Google Wallpapers app. Go to Settings > Wallpapers and themes > Wallpapers > View all. Once it shows all the wallpapers, select the 3 dots in the upper right corner, it should say Live wallpapers. Select the desired wallpaper and Apply. Give a thanks to @G0DLIKE DEMON on this post.
Please do not post this not working, that not working in case of any issue. If you really want to fix the issues, include the following things in your comment: -
1. Device (Nexus 5X, Xperia Z5, etc.)
2. ROM + Android version (6.0, 7.0, etc. + Stock, Cyanogen, etc.)
3. Logcat (please try to attach as it will be beneficial for debugging)
If still issue occurs please follow the steps below to capture log via adb. You can follow this guide to install adb.
1. Enable Developer options on your device (Settings > About phone > Build number > Tap seven times).
2. Settings > Developer options > Turn on.
3. USB debugging > Turn on.
4. Capture log by typing this command in Terminal/CMD: -
If your device is rooted, you can also use any third party app from Google Play (like CatLog, etc.).Code:
5.6 MB Views: 218,210
5.3 MB Views: 161,350