[PORT][APP][8.0+] Sony 3D Creator for all devices UPDATE [3.0.A.0.32]

Search This thread

koontzy65

Dec 5, 2011
Québec
Yup, same thing here. App started (but stuck at a "loading screen") without copying the obb file, but after copying the file it just force close. Old version worked

xtreme_protector

Mar 27, 2009
Tried installing the new 36 version but I get an error saying: Can't open file. The 32 version installed fine (though after creating the OBB folder, and getting the OBB file copied there, app would immediately crash upon opening).

Xperia 1 IV android 13.

I have no idea what's going on. Can you install the apk? Make sure than you uninstall any previous version.

xtreme_protector

Mar 27, 2009
Yup, same thing here. App started (but stuck at a "loading screen") without copying the obb file, but after copying the file it just force close. Old version worked
Make sure that you clear data. Also, check the file name. It should be main.6291492.com.sonymobile.scan3d.obb and not main.6291488.com.sonymobile.scan3d.obb.

Almitoen

Dec 14, 2021
I only installed your first version then updated with your second .apk

and I Rename the file main.6291492.com.sonymobile.scan3d.obb

xtreme_protector

Mar 27, 2009
I only installed your first version then updated with your second .apk

and I Rename the file main.6291492.com.sonymobile.scan3d.obb
Try to clear the data and restart app. Somehow the obb is not found, I think. I've also noticed that if you try to start the app without having the obb file in /sdcard/Android/obb/com.sonymobile.scan3d the app crashes. This is why you should clear data and then try again.

koontzy65

Dec 5, 2011
Québec
Made it to work. Tried clearing cache and data and did not work. Uninstalled, recreated the obb folder then recopied obb then installing the new version worked!!

Reactions: Almitoen

koontzy65

Dec 5, 2011
Québec

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207_181208_3D Creator.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_181208_3D Creator.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20230207_181212_3D Creator.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_181212_3D Creator.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 21

xtreme_protector

Mar 27, 2009
Thanks!!!! FYI this is on a fold 4
Also, all of the freeform model just show black. The 3D is there but there is no color or image, just the 3D form
I've never seen this... But, when you scan, do you see proper video stream? Try to play with the debug settings. Further than that, I cannot reproduce. Any other version works for you (albeit crashing when sculpting).

koontzy65

Dec 5, 2011
Québec
I've never seen this... But, when you scan, do you see proper video stream? Try to play with the debug settings. Further than that, I cannot reproduce. Any other version works for you (albeit crashing when sculpting).
Yeah I see the video stream. My bet is because this phone have like 5 cameras. There is only one for the selfie camera and 3 for freeform scanning, so it don't know which one to get the video feed when "synthetising" the picture and use another one (even if it show the good video feed when scanning)

xtreme_protector

Mar 27, 2009
Yeah I see the video stream. My bet is because this phone have like 5 cameras. There is only one for the selfie camera and 3 for freeform scanning, so it don't know which one to get the video feed when "synthetising" the picture and use another one (even if it show the good video feed when scanning)
Well, normally, in the camera 2 api, the camera with index 0 is the main back camera -- and this is the one used by the app for the video feed. I beleive the app uses only the main camera and no other auxiliary one. I also use the app on a samsung with multiple cameras and no problem here... Does the light option help? Maybe it's some exposure problem?

EDIT: You could try to look a bit in the log file. If you are rooted, while scanning the log file should be available in /data/data/com.sonymobile.scan3d/cache/log.txt. After sculpting (last stage of scanning), textures are computed and applied. This stage is also logged in the same file.

Last edited:

koontzy65

Dec 5, 2011
Québec
Well, normally, in the camera 2 api, the camera with index 0 is the main back camera -- and this is the one used by the app for the video feed. I beleive the app uses only the main camera and no other auxiliary one. I also use the app on a samsung with multiple cameras and no problem here... Does the light option help? Maybe it's some exposure problem?

EDIT: You could try to look a bit in the log file. If you are rooted, while scanning the log file should be available in /data/data/com.sonymobile.scan3d/cache/log.txt. After sculpting (last stage of scanning), textures are computed and applied. This stage is also logged in the same file.
Well, tried with my old galaxy s8 and worked perfectly. Tried the same thing with my fold 4 and no image
Anyway, thank you so much for this work, this is amazing

Last edited:

koontzy65

Dec 5, 2011
Québec
On the fold you could try to use Samsung's 3D scanner app which is also very good. For other phones SCANN3D is also similar, but much slower...
It's not supported on my phone😅
The app doesn't even show on galaxy store and I've installed it from apkmirror but it keep crashing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207_185422_Finder~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_185422_Finder~2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    59b131b0c8d0c.png

Sony 3D Creator Port

Updates for Sony 3D Creator port, based on nullbytepl's work.
    I will build new versions if they come available, please message me if I do not notice an update.

App Description:
    Discover groundbreaking innovation with 3D Creator
    Capture your world in 3D straight from your smartphone and turn people and objects into high-resolution 3D models. Make 3D memories, share them with friends or have them printed – the possibilities are endless.

A breakthrough in mobile creativity
    There are five scanning modes: selfie, face, head, food and freeform. Depending on what you want to scan, the app will guide you to make a great scan.

Features:
    * Share your model on social media
    * Animate your models
    * Blend the faces of two models together in our new face blend tool
    * Make 3D models mimic your facial expressions
    * Turn your model into a cyborg or play with other 3D props
    * Print your models on your own printer
    * Bring your scans to life as 3D avatars using AR (Augmented Reality) in the camera
    * Use your model as a Live wallpaper
    * Enhance the model with photo adjustments and cropping, or get creative and play with the morph tool in the Editor.
    * Keep your models safe with online backup

Requirements:

1. Android 8.0+
    2. Decent cpu/gpu (recent mid-range chips should be enough)
    3. OpenCL and Camera2 API support (check with this)
    4. ARM64 device (Sony doesn't include libs for other archs)

Instructions:​

Note: This app is signed with my certificate, so it is not compatible with other versions. Backup your data and remove any other Sony3D Creator version before installation.
    All updates get signed with the same cert, you can install future versions without removing the app.

1. Download apk & obb
    2. Install apk
    3. Copy obb file to Android/obb/com.sonymobile.scan3d/ on Internal Storage
    Note: obb file needs to be named main.VERSION_CODE.com.sonymobile.scan3d.obb. I always upload the obb files named properly.

Versions:​

- 3.0.A.0.32 (Version Code: 6291488)

- 3.0.A.0.30 (Version Code: 6291486)

Credits:

- nullbytepl for the first version and mod instructions, please donate to him here.​

- ghidra and SavePatch

thank you so much 3.0.A.0.30 Works like a charm ... appreciate nullbytepl and your efforts ^^

ok I managed to get the 3.0.A.0.32 Version working... just download obb from 3.0.A.0.30 Version and rename it to match 3.0.A.0.32 Version Code which is 6291488 so (main.6291486.com.sonymobile.scan3d.obb) become (main.6291488.com.sonymobile.scan3d.obb) and you are done .
    ok I managed to get the 3.0.A.0.32 Version working... just download obb from 3.0.A.0.30 Version and rename it to match 3.0.A.0.32 Version Code which is 6291488 so (main.6291486.com.sonymobile.scan3d.obb) become (main.6291488.com.sonymobile.scan3d.obb) and you are done .
    Oh yeah my bad, the obb for 32 i uploaded is the same file as 30, only renamed :D
    Failed because not buy app