• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [PORT] BETA MIUI A12

Search This thread

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg
I am on Weekly EU ROM (21.11.17). Can I directly flash this rom (21.11.22) over my current ROM without formatting data?
I fear not without format. The EU ROM is a "custom" ROM of the CN weekly. They also bundle it with GLOBAL ROM functionality. Therefore I would assume a format is needed if you want to switch to "real" CN weekly/daily.
Of course you could just try an "upate". But I would expect issues.

Reactions: archer797

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg

1. If you are using the Redmi K40 Gaming and Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G to upgrade to the "verified 100% immobile" problem, please wait patiently for about 30 minutes for the upgrade to succeed, and normal use will not be affected during the verification process , The problem is caused by the big difference between the applications, we will optimize it in the follow-up, thank you for your understanding
2. Due to the problem that the cameras of Redmi Note 11 Pro and Redmi Note 11 Pro+ have stopped repeatedly, the release is suspended today. Thank you for your understanding.
3. Due to the problem that OTA is not available in the Redmi Note 11 5G retest, the release is suspended today. Thank you for your understanding.
4. In order to give Mi Fan friends a relatively better test version experience, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Pro, Mi 11, Redmi K40 Pro, Mi 11 Youth Edition, Mi 10S, Redmi K40, Mi MIX4, Mi 10 Ultra、Xiaomi Civi will give the test results later, thank you for your understanding
5. Due to the major version upgrade of Android, Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 10, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30S Ultra will be temporarily suspended from November 8, 2021.
6. Starting from November 27, 2021, the following models will stop the development version of the internal beta: Xiaomi 9, Xiaomi 9SE, Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi K20, Xiaomi CC9 Meitu, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Xiaomi CC9, Redmi Note 8, Xiaomi 9 Pro

▍Update log
Xiao Ai
New Xiao Ai classmates discovery page is updated~ Added new modules such as key function navigation, Xiao Ai guide, Xiao Ai recommendation, etc., to take you in-depth understanding of Xiao Ai’s interesting gameplay, and there are more AI black technologies waiting for you to discover

Status bar, notification bar
Fixed an issue where notifications from the main space would be stored as unimportant notifications after switching to the avatar space (Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G)

set up
Fix the problem that occasionally the adjustment fails after adjusting the font size several times in a short period of time (Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G)

Lock screen
Fix the problem that when you pull down the notification and then slide up to enter the password page, the gesture returns to the page blank or Gaussian blur (Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G)

Reactions: marcel112

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg

1. If you are using the Redmi K40 game enhanced version or Redmi Note 10 Pro to upgrade, you have a problem of "verified 100% motionless", please wait patiently for about 30 minutes for the upgrade to succeed, and normal use will not be affected during the verification process. , The problem is caused by the big difference between the applications, we will optimize it in the follow-up, thank you for your understanding
2. If you encounter problems with the sound of the Redmi K40 game enhanced version and Redmi Note 10 Pro during the use of Mi Fan, please restart your phone → re-record the voice print of Xiao Ai → re-record the voice print of Xiao Ai's classmates.

▍Update log
Cast screen
Optimize the projection experience

Reactions: marcel112

marcel112

1. If you are using the Redmi K40 game enhanced version or Redmi Note 10 Pro to upgrade, you have a problem of "verified 100% motionless", please wait patiently for about 30 minutes for the upgrade to succeed, and normal use will not be affected during the verification process. , The problem is caused by the big difference between the applications, we will optimize it in the follow-up, thank you for your understanding
2. If you encounter problems with the sound of the Redmi K40 game enhanced version and Redmi Note 10 Pro during the use of Mi Fan, please restart your phone → re-record the voice print of Xiao Ai → re-record the voice print of Xiao Ai's classmates.

▍Update log
Cast screen
Optimize the projection experience
to bad, still no issues solving off storage problems

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg
21.11.26, 21.11.28

1. If you encounter problems with the sound of the Redmi K40 Gaming and Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G during the use of Mi Fan, please restart your phone → re-record the voiceprint of Xiao Ai → re-record the voiceprint of Xiao Ai's classmates , It can be used normally. If this problem particularly affects the friends who use Mi Fan, you can also temporarily turn off this function in the settings-Xiaoai classmates-voice search mobile phone, thank you for your understanding

2. Due to the major version upgrade of Android, Redmi Note10 5G will suspend the release of the internal test from November 29, 2021.

3. Due to the major version upgrade of Android, Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30S Ultra will be temporarily suspended from November 8, 2021.

▍Update log

Music
Optimize the stability and fluency of music widgets

Xiaomi Notes
Newly added shorthand function-quickly record mobile phone fragment information

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg
21.11.30, 21.12.1

1. Due to the major version upgrade of Android, Redmi Note10 will temporarily suspend the release of the internal test from November 29, 2021.
2. Due to the major version upgrade of Android, the internal beta of Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30S Extreme Commemorative Edition will be suspended from November 8, 2021. In order to give Mi Fan friends a relatively better experience of using the Android 12 test version, the 4 models are troubleshooting some scene restart problems. After the recent version is verified, it will be released for everyone as soon as possible.

▍Update log
Status bar, notification bar
Fix the issue that the previous floating notification will flash when receiving multiple floating notifications in landscape mode
Fix the problem that the notification bar is automatically retracted after receiving a notification after pulling down the notification bar

Set up
Fix the problem that the icon is displayed abnormally in the upper right corner of the system application upgrader (Xiaomi 11 Ultra, Xiaomi 11)

Reactions: alcitron

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg
Did all the last updates (28.11./29.11./30.11/1.12). No issues. Thanks for the work!
Funny thing is - when you also provide the mboot.img I have Magisk from the beginning and no boot loop. For the images from 28.11.-30.11 you didn't provide the mboot.img - so I created it myself with Magisk and the actual boot.img. If I put this result als mboot.img into images and run the update - I end up int bootloop. So I have just to fastboot boot mboot.img and then do the installation directly from withing magisk - no problem. Not that it is big of a deal but I wonder wheres the difference here.

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg
On the daily updates site I have seen that for Mi 11 Ultra 4-12 is available. So I guess that we will have it soon to download here.

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg
i see.. i have it but didnt check there... there is even a 6-12 available :)
now the 6-12 is available here. Just a bit confused as I read in Xiaomi forum this:

1. Due to the problem of mi-rcs stopping running, Xiaomi 11 Ultra, Xiaomi 11 Pro, Xiaomi 11, Redmi K40 Pro, Mi 11 Lite 5G, Xiaomi 10S, Redmi K40, Xiaomi MIX4, Redmi K40 Gaming, Redmi Note 10 Pro 5g, Xiaomi 10 Ultra, Xiaomi Civi, Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30S Ultra suspended today, thank you for your understanding

marcel112

now the 6-12 is available here. Just a bit confused as I read in Xiaomi forum this:

1. Due to the problem of mi-rcs stopping running, Xiaomi 11 Ultra, Xiaomi 11 Pro, Xiaomi 11, Redmi K40 Pro, Mi 11 Lite 5G, Xiaomi 10S, Redmi K40, Xiaomi MIX4, Redmi K40 Gaming, Redmi Note 10 Pro 5g, Xiaomi 10 Ultra, Xiaomi Civi, Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30S Ultra suspended today, thank you for your understanding
yes, thats the same as i was thinking

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg
already installed. no issues. but honestly I'm also not using SMS anymore. Only all other messengers (whatsapp, telegram, signal...). Therefore I don't care if RCS is working or not.
I usually do just update. Only when I run into issues I do full wipe. So before updating I make sure that Whatsapp chat backup is done and the rest I do with swift backup. Just in case. But it is very rare that after the x update I recognize some issues or strange behaviour. Then I will just go for the same version but not with wipe. Until now that always worked.

Top Liked Posts