[PORT]Face Unlock for Honor 8 Pro (OREO EMUI8 ONLY)

Search This thread

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Face Unlock for Honor 8 Pro Oreo
(Mate 9 EMUI8 is confirmed too)

Download and flash in TWRP: https://mega.nz/#!FfxihZqD!vjF2rz0elfiay_ZYeQWwLfVG9lNI7FYAyi2vaohaiEs

Magisk module: https://mega.nz/#!1Xp0DbaC!fJvieuQWjbAauylqCvngHoM3wLPChTTCgPdO0yy0UC8
If anyone good at making modules looks at it, please find a proper way of doing it. Right now I only symlink files to /product and /odm. The symlinks in /odm stays after uninstall. Best would be to actually auto mount (like /system and /vendor is) it but I think magisk needs to be edited for that (?)

Make sure you have /odm and /product available in TWRP, else update (not sure which as I don't have an Honor 8 Pro)

To "enrol" (lol) face after installing, go to Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Face unlock

Face unlock is actually available already in Honor 8 Pro from the start, it just needs to be enabled.
And a few files are missing which I took from Honor V10 firmware.
If you want to revert, just check the zip for what files to remove and remove
ro.config.face_detect=1
ro.config.face_recognition=true
from /product/etc/prop/local.prop

Thanks to @LastStandingDroid for testing and pointing out where prop was located.

Last edited:

Mohansai22

Jan 20, 2018
Working perfectly, honor 8 pro, emui 8.0 B310.

Is it as fast as v10??
Coz v10is blazing fast

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Download and flash in TWRP: https://mega.nz/#!FfxihZqD!vjF2rz0elfiay_ZYeQWwLfVG9lNI7FYAyi2vaohaiEs

Make sure you have /odm and /product available in TWRP, else update (not sure which as I don't have an Honor 8 Pro)

To "enrol" (lol) face after installing, go to Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Face unlock

Face unlock is actually available already in Honor 8 Pro from the start, it just needs to be enabled.
ro.config.face_detect=1

Thanks to @LastStandingDroid for testing and pointing out where prop was located.

*request*
Can you try making a tutorial video it would be very helpful
Thanks ?

L

LastStandingDroid

Not working my honor 8 pro 8.0 B360 no detect the face and crash camera front
This means you don't have odm in your twrp partition. However ante will release a magisk version which will be easier

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Is it as fast as v10??
Coz v10is blazing fast

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

*request*
Thanks [emoji4]
I already have one. But need to redo haha since I wasn't able to include the actual enrol

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Is it as fast as v10??
Coz v10is blazing fast

*request*
Thanks [emoji4]
It is as fast i believe just press power and make sure your face is where it's possible for camera to find you. Also the angles are pretty huge. Which is unbelievable that it is proper. At least my mate can't unlock it [emoji38]

jlxed

Mar 12, 2017
Hi! I have a problem. I successfully enrolled my face but in the face recognition settings, there is no option for unlock device, only show notification content. I'm on p10 plus oreo. Help me please

Blackball

May 2, 2007
The latest from P10plus forum doesn't work because it doesn't support odm partition.
Today I will add new twrp version there.

amirrouhandeh

Dec 27, 2013
The latest from P10plus forum doesn't work because it doesn't support odm partition.
Today I will add new twrp version there.

does it related to build number ??!
because I flashed the latest twrp (V2.1) you provided for us , and it's hanging in face ID enrollment , Im runing on C185B321 .
I even tried magisk module and it didnt work too !!

Blackball

May 2, 2007
does it related to build number ??!
because I flashed the latest twrp (V2.1) you provided for us , and it's hanging in face ID enrollment , Im runing on C185B321 .
I even tried magisk module and it didnt work too !!
It's not related to build number. Normally we don't need the odm partition so nobody add this partition to his twrp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Magisk module: https://mega.nz/#!1Xp0DbaC!fJvieuQWjbAauylqCvngHoM3wLPChTTCgPdO0yy0UC8
    If anyone good at making modules looks at it, please find a proper way of doing it. Right now I only symlink files to /product and /odm. The symlinks in /odm stays after uninstall. Best would be to actually auto mount (like /system and /vendor is) it but I think magisk needs to be edited for that (?)

ro.config.face_detect=1

This has been implemented in the newest official update for the Honor V9 and it works great. Super fast and accurate.

DUK-AL20 8.0.0.341
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone