[PORT][LL ONLY] LG G3 QuickRemote for AOSP

Search This thread

hikarisei23

Nov 2, 2014
Greetings!

I have ported the latest version of LG G3's QuickRemote.

DISCLAIMER: I won't be responsible for any loss of data or other mishaps resulting from using this port. Always backup before flashing anything. Use or test at your own risk.

Information
  • Latest QuickRemote version ported
  • Modified some UI Elements to Material Design
This app will run only on Lollipop-based ROMs.
For reference, please check this thread.

Update (v4.50.19)

Older version (v4.40.12) here

Thanks to @RieGo for the original scripts and to @Yoshi_Guy for providing files for the recent update.

NOTE - This port is not guaranteed to run on all LG Devices & other OEM's since i only have G3 on mind while porting this one, so apologies in advance if i may not help in fixing it for your device.

Last edited:

hikarisei23

Nov 2, 2014
Yeah i just replaced from there. I only tested it with D855 on CM12.1 so there might be some problems yet. if you can give a logcat, that can help :)

panosfx

Mar 13, 2010
Athens
I'm using Resurrection remix and i have the same problem like the other port for quick remote for AOSP.
When i choose Tv there is no list of manufacturers.Wipe cache/davlik every time but nothing change.
eda075aa6308cadba5a645e002025de1.jpg

Last edited:

brolic925t

Nov 20, 2011
Corona, NY
Greetings!

I have recently ported the latest verion of LG G3's QuickRemote. Please test at your own risk.

Information
  • Latest QuickRemote version ported (as of this thread's writing)

Download here

Thanks to @RieGo for the original scripts.
Tyyyyy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

syndre

Yeah i just replaced from there. I only tested it with D855 on CM12.1 so there might be some problems yet. if you can give a logcat, that can help

sure, here you go.
Ive tried so many things to get a newer version of QRemote to work on an AOSP ROM, with nothing doing. Ive been using other remote apps in the meantime, but nothing out there is as clean and easy to to use than LG's.

Good Luck!

I do have a bunch of stuff on this phone right now, like xposed, that could be causing my problem. Although the [1-13-15] zip works fine. Maybe the material design changes you mentioned could be it? Ill try it on a clean rom soon and see if i still get the same errors in the logcat soon and let you know.

Attachments

• qremote.2015-09-05-04-04-01.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 298
  • device_info.txt
    703 bytes · Views: 137
Last edited:

hikarisei23

Nov 2, 2014
I do have a bunch of stuff on this phone right now, like xposed, that could be causing my problem. Although the [1-13-15] zip works fine. Maybe the material design changes you mentioned could be it? Ill try it on a clean rom soon and see if i still get the same errors in the logcat soon and let you know.

Hmm i've skimmed through the logcat and i havent noticed anything strange, will get back on it later

the changes i made was minimal but i'll look into it. Notify me when you're done testing it on a clean rom :)

syndre

the changes i made was minimal but i'll look into it. Notify me when you're done testing it on a clean rom

Your work is fine, the problem was mine. Im not sure what happened to the ROM i was using, but it was messed up. I noticed all of the folders in /data/data had different ou/rwx permissions, among other problems. Anyways, I wiped my whole phone clean and flashed a new ROM, and your zip, and the app runs perfectly!

:D Thank-you!

hikarisei23

Nov 2, 2014
Your work is fine, the problem was mine. Im not sure what happened to the ROM i was using, but it was messed up. I noticed all of the folders in /data/data had different ou/rwx permissions, among other problems. Anyways, I wiped my whole phone clean and flashed a new ROM, and your zip, and the app runs perfectly!

:D Thank-you!

Alright, Glad to know it works :D

antys86

Oct 20, 2009
Please before I install it, someone can tell me if in stb there is the brand patrick? Thanks

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings!

I have ported the latest version of LG G3's QuickRemote.

DISCLAIMER: I won't be responsible for any loss of data or other mishaps resulting from using this port. Always backup before flashing anything. Use or test at your own risk.

Information
    • Latest QuickRemote version ported

Update (v4.50.19)

Older version (v4.40.12) here

Thanks to @RieGo for the original scripts and to @Yoshi_Guy for providing files for the recent update.

NOTE - This port is not guaranteed to run on all LG Devices & other OEM's since i only have G3 on mind while porting this one, so apologies in advance if i may not help in fixing it for your device.
    @smolchy yes, i recommend that you use Es File Explorer with root access to do all the file copying, once you have syndres flash installed and you rebooted and you are sure that Qremote.log shows that Selinux is permissive, you overwrite QuicksetSDK apk on /system/app/QuicksetSDK and set permissions to rw-r--r--, you reboot and check if QuicksetSDK shows in the apps list (you have to select "show system" under the 3 dot menu) if it shows, you force close it and delete data/cache in that same menu, you go to your sdcard and delete the folder named QuickSetup, now you switch back to QuicksetSDK with the one on syndres zip, just the QuicksetSDK apk, you copy it in system/app/QuicksetSDK and set the permissions again to rw-r--r-- do this exactly as i said, today i will have two modified zips to simplify this process

@Eyalkn try doing what i just described to smolchy to see if that works, it did for me and KronicSkillz
    @smolchy @Eyalkn @marcdw and everyone having trouble with this, you can visit my new thread HERE where i explain in my opinion, a better way to do this, now you wont be needing to set permissions or copy files manually, i made extra flashable zips to fix all that, i hope it helps
    Greetings!

I have recently ported the latest verion of LG G3's QuickRemote. Please test at your own risk.

Information

Download here

Tyyyyy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    More Up-To-Date QRemote APK

Greetings!

I have recently ported the latest version of LG G3's QuickRemote. Please test at your own risk.

Information

Download here

Hello, just wanted to let you know I have a more recent LG QRemote APK along with the accompanying QuicksetSDK APK. The Quickremote is version 4.50.19 and the Quickset SDK is 2.1.91

Here is the Link: https://mega.nz/#F!uYZxhDIR!JPOYhf198pJcqVX4HvdhcA

Would you mind updating your script to use these instead?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone