[Port][Magisk] AptX & AptX-HD for All Oreo 8.0+ (Update Jan 6th 2018)

theduke7

Apr 8, 2011
Cairo
Hello Everyone,

This is a collection of modules and a 1 flashable zip to enable aptX and aptx-HD on Oreo ROMs that doesn't have them...
the original files are taken from OnePlus OOS Oreo ROM, this should work (one of the options) on any OReo ROM, it may also work on N Roms but that's is not tested.
all modules flash the lib files to different places (or to all places), please the options, and select what is appropriate to you.

Bug reporting.
if you're going to report any issue please attach a log (the log should be taken before enabling Bluetooth and should record it being enabled and then being connected to an aptX enabled device)

Updated on January 6th 2018:
- 3 Magisk Modules added Description bellow for each.
- all 3 modules are based on the latest 1500 (15.0) Magisk template.
- APTX-enabler.zip is not a Magisk Module it's a recovery flashable zip, Description bellow.

should Works On All Oreo Roms.
Requirement:
-Root
-Root file manager
-Recovery (TWRP) for flashable Zip

A- Manual Installation:
1- download & extract the zip attached. ( APTX-enabler)
2- copy the files from System/vendor/lib64 folder to same place on your device, 0644 permission to both.
2- copy the files from System/lib and System/lib64/ folders to same place on your device, 0644 permission to both.
3- open build.prob in a text editor (or through the file manager) and add the following line at the end of it.
Code:
persist.bt.enableAptXHD=true
persist.service.btui.use_aptx=1
persistent.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aptx-aptXHD
5- reboot

B- Flashable Zip Installation
1- reboot to TWRP
2- flash APTX-enabler.zip
3- reboot

C-Magisk Module
1- Download one of the 3 modules (discretion bellow)
2- install through Magisk manager
3- reboot
Modules Description:
A- aptX-HD_OreoEnablerOOS.zip , add the lib files only to System/vendor/lib64/ , some Roms like OOS Oreo Roms only require that for aptX to be enabled, it's not only for OOS other Roms use that too, if you don't know Use option C.
B- aptX-HD_OreoEnabler2.zip , add the lib files to system/lib and system/lib64 only... some roms like Nitrogen doesn't require to add any Libs on the vender folder, if not sure also use Option C.
C- aptX-HD_OreoEnabler.zip, this will add the lib files to ALL possible places, insuring that no matter what ROM you have aptX works...if you don't know which folder your ROM uses either ask the Rom Dev or use this option.

Old lib Files and modules can still be found on the following folder
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aJQiFlzFgQmDJb08QZ_NMLUc0eKqBPry

Credits to
@Riku Azhurlar for initial flashable zip
@simonsmh for the Initial Magisk Module
@bmg1001 & @ossito2012 for initial aptx files
OnePlus for Current aptX lib files

Attachments

Last edited:

Riku Azhurlar

Jan 16, 2014
Toledo
Hello Everyone,

This is a collection of modules and a 1 flashable zip to enable aptX and aptx-HD on Oreo ROMs that doesn't have them...
the original files are taken from OnePlus OOS Oreo ROM, this should work (one of the options) on any OReo ROM, it may also work on N Roms but that's is not tested.
all modules flash the lib files to different places (or to all places), please the options, and select what is appropriate to you.

Bug reporting.
if you're going to report any issue please attach a log (the log should be taken before enabling Bluetooth and should record it being enabled and then being connected to an aptX enabled device)

Updated on January 6th 2018:
- 3 Magisk Modules added Description bellow for each.
- all 3 modules are based on the latest 1500 (15.0) Magisk template.
- APTX-enabler.zip is not a Magisk Module it's a recovery flashable zip, Description bellow.

should Works On All Oreo Roms.
Requirement:
-Root
-Root file manager
-Recovery (TWRP) for flashable Zip

A- Manual Installation:
1- download & extract the zip attached. ( APTX-enabler)
2- copy the files from System/vendor/lib64 folder to same place on your device, 0644 permission to both.
2- copy the files from System/lib and System/lib64/ folders to same place on your device, 0644 permission to both.
3- open build.prob in a text editor (or through the file manager) and add the following line at the end of it.

5- reboot

B- Flashable Zip Installation
1- reboot to TWRP
2- flash APTX-enabler.zip
3- reboot

C-Magisk Module
1- Download one of the 3 modules (discretion bellow)
2- install through Magisk manager
3- reboot
Modules Description:
A- aptX-HD_OreoEnablerOOS.zip , add the lib files only to System/vendor/lib64/ , some Roms like OOS Oreo Roms only require that for aptX to be enabled, it's not only for OOS other Roms use that too, if you don't know Use option C.
B- aptX-HD_OreoEnabler2.zip , add the lib files to system/lib and system/lib64 only... some roms like Nitrogen doesn't require to add any Libs on the vender folder, if not sure also use Option C.
C- aptX-HD_OreoEnabler.zip, this will add the lib files to ALL possible places, insuring that no matter what ROM you have aptX works...if you don't know which folder your ROM uses either ask the Rom Dev or use this option.

Old lib Files and modules can still be found on the following folder
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aJQiFlzFgQmDJb08QZ_NMLUc0eKqBPry

Credits to
@Riku Azhurlar for initial flashable zip
@simonsmh for the Initial Magisk Module
@bmg1001 & @ossito2012 for initial aptx files
OnePlus for Current aptX lib files
No problem mate. We're you able to fix my installer with the new lib files okay? Or do you need me to touch up on itt

Reactions: theduke7

theduke7

Apr 8, 2011
Cairo
No problem mate. We're you able to fix my installer with the new lib files okay? Or do you need me to touch up on itt
to be honest mate i just updated the libs and permission, i personally use the module and they work, but the flashable file was reported by several people on my other thread on OP3 forums to be working... i wouldn't mind if you took a little look at the script :D :p

matrixios01

Feb 23, 2016
I have the nexus 6p with nitrogen 8.1 wich one Can not do without to use;;;;

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 6P μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Didgeridoohan

Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
to be honest mate i just updated the libs and permission, i personally use the module and they work, but the flashable file was reported by several people on my other thread on OP3 forums to be working... i wouldn't mind if you took a little look at the script :D :p
Apart from what @JohnFawkes mentions above, you also need to configure the config.sh file to actually run the post-fs-data.sh script (POSTFSDATA=true) or the system.prop file if you decide to use that (PROPFILE=true).

Also, since you're providing these files for manual install you should remove the placeholder file from /system. This file may cause bootloops since some devices can't take adding new files or folder directly to the root of /system.

theduke7

Apr 8, 2011
Cairo
instead of doing resetprop just put the props in system.prop file
Apart from what @JohnFawkes mentions above, you also need to configure the config.sh file to actually run the post-fs-data.sh script (POSTFSDATA=true) or the system.prop file if you decide to use that (PROPFILE=true).

Also, since you're providing these files for manual install you should remove the placeholder file from /system. This file may cause bootloops since some devices can't take adding new files or folder directly to the root of /system.
I used to have the flags in as described but the new OOS update responds only to the post-fs-data.sh, I forgot to enable it and remove the place holder file... I will remedy that and update them

theduke7

Apr 8, 2011
Cairo
Modules updated according to above suggestions.

I have the nexus 6p with nitrogen 8.1 wich one Can not do without to use;;;;

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 6P μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
it depends on your rom, you can ask your rom dev which folder to place the lib files at at download the one corresponding to that... the aptX-HD_OreoEnabler.zip file should work for all roms cause it adds the libs to all possible places, but at least in my opinion this should be the last thing to try,
If Nitrogen in Nexus works the same way it does on OP3 the file aptX-HD_OreoEnabler2.zip should work for you...

Riku Azhurlar

Jan 16, 2014
Toledo
Sure I'll take a look here in a few when I get home. Also I didn't keep up on it. Did the magisk modules get updated to the newer template for magisk 15? Never know if the magisk dev will enforce it eventually if not I can do that too I've got nothing else to do lol

Last edited:
Reactions: theduke7

theduke7

Apr 8, 2011
Cairo
Sure I'll take a look here in a few when I get home. Also I didn't keep up on it. Did the magisk modules get updated to the newer template for magisk 15? Never know if the magisk dev will enforce it eventually if not I can do that too I've got nothing else to do lol
yes my friend it's updated to 15 template, i had it on the older template on the other thread on OP3 forums, but decided to download and update to the new one when creating this thread.

Riku Azhurlar

Jan 16, 2014
Toledo
yes my friend it's updated to 15 template, i had it on the older template on the other thread on OP3 forums, but decided to download and update to the new one when creating this thread.
Cool just checking my luck always seems to be they release new templates and then stop allowing them eventually.

initguru

Dec 21, 2012
Seoul
Thanks for the module.
I installed Magisk module type c but the codecs were not enabled.
logcat said I have aptx and aptx hd in local capability but not in selectable capability.. only SBC and AAC there.

My phone is Essential ph-1 and I found another module in ph-1 forom but it is basically same.
I thought I need special codec config file but nothing contained a sort of config.

EDIT: nvm, my device just does not support aptX, so tried another one and it worked!

Last edited:

ecotycoon

Nov 17, 2011
Vancouver
Thanks for the hard work on this port. Wasn't able to get the Magisk module working on Magisk 16. But was able to get the standalone systemless flash package working just fine on a LineageOS 15.1 port to my Nexus 5 which has been really awesome.

OGNinjaDon

Apr 18, 2018
Just installed via Magisk and says enabled, but when I go to developer options under Bluetooth it still only says Aptx, i had this before. How do I know if aptx-hd is enabled?