[PORT] Modded Google Camera with HDR+, Night Sight and etc.

Search This thread

w1040

Jan 5, 2013
here's my attempt on trying astrophotography using the F1v10.3_7.0.009 beta version. the first one is original and second one is slightly edited of the original picture.

anyone have similar or better results? and what version of gcam are u using?

Attachments

• IMG_20191114_213102.jpg
    IMG_20191114_213102.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 1,452
Reactions: Varun 100

roursamajor

Feb 22, 2013
Braila
ursamajorbr.blogspot.ro
This is not astrophotography guys, this is "night sky snapshots". It's probably possible (but I really don't think) to take some so-called astrophotos with Gcam, but only in a zone with dark sky, without light pollution. I tried to make some astrophotography with Poco (see my Photo thread) by taking long exposures (about 60x16 seconds) then stacking them, but the optics and sensor have big limitation. Believe me, i know what i say. I'm amateur astronomer.

Carlos_EVH

Jul 30, 2013
Malaga, Sp
how do you do this bro? are u using the stable 6.2.030 or beta 7.0.009?

That was taken with the latest stable 6.2.030, night sight mode, focus to infinite and shutter speed at 15secs more or less. I use a cheap tripod from aliexpress. The most important is to take the photos at a very low light area, in this photo there was light pollution and you can see even a cloud but the shot was cool after all.

w1040

Jan 5, 2013
That was taken with the latest stable 6.2.030, night sight mode, focus to infinite and shutter speed at 15secs more or less. I use a cheap tripod from aliexpress. The most important is to take the photos at a very low light area, in this photo there was light pollution and you can see even a cloud but the shot was cool after all.

im gonna uninstall the beta version and install the stable 6.2.030 and will try with your instructions and to see which one gives better results. I'll post the results here soon if i got my free time.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

This is not astrophotography guys, this is "night sky snapshots". It's probably possible (but I really don't think) to take some so-called astrophotos with Gcam, but only in a zone with dark sky, without light pollution. I tried to make some astrophotography with Poco (see my Photo thread) by taking long exposures (about 60x16 seconds) then stacking them, but the optics and sensor have big limitation. Believe me, i know what i say. I'm amateur astronomer.

isn't astrophotography purpose is to show the stars during nights? i may be wrong. but i googled astrophotography and the results is the same like what you've taken. so it is actually called photography?

roursamajor

Feb 22, 2013
Braila
ursamajorbr.blogspot.ro
Astrophotography is more than taking snaphots of stars. ;) It is astrophotography, for example, if you catch a comet in your frame. Otherwise, with only stars, you should have some details of, let's say, (at least) something like Milky Way, if you don't use a telescope. Using an optical instrument the demands increase. ;) I mean, details of planets, on Moon, deep sky objects etc.
So let's not ridicule real astrophotography, which means more than simple snaphots taken with a phone. Gcam is a good app, but the marketing on it is better... and a little bit lying. ;)

w1040

Jan 5, 2013

okay so i installed the stable 6.2.030. but it didnt have the 'infinity' focus mode like beta version as you can see from the screenshots. and when i set the shutter speed to 15secs on night sight it only takes 1-2 secs to take a picture so the results is similar to the default settings. ?????

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-15-01-42-43-623_com.google.android.GoogleCamera.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-15-01-42-43-623_com.google.android.GoogleCamera.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 536

Carlos_EVH

Jul 30, 2013
Malaga, Sp
okay so i installed the stable 6.2.030. but it didnt have the 'infinity' focus mode like beta version as you can see from the screenshots. and when i set the shutter speed to 15secs on night sight it only takes 1-2 secs to take a picture so the results is similar to the default settings. ?????

You got it just above the shutter speed selector, you have to select Inf in the scroll bar, then the speed use 16secs, and in night mode, press to focus to the sky and then take the photo. I'm on 7.x beta version but the stable 6.2.030 worked perfectly fine to take those kind of photos.

w1040

Jan 5, 2013
Astrophotography is more than taking snaphots of stars. ;) It is astrophotography, for example, if you catch a comet in your frame. Otherwise, with only stars, you should have some details of, let's say, (at least) something like Milky Way, if you don't use a telescope. Using an optical instrument the demands increase. ;) I mean, details of planets, on Moon, deep sky objects etc.
So let's not ridicule real astrophotography, which means more than simple snaphots taken with a phone. Gcam is a good app, but the marketing on it is better... and a little bit lying. ;)

i agree with everything u said except the milky way. milky way doesnt appear everywhere it only appears if you're on a certain area. so technically, just because the milky way doesnt appear where you're taking a photo of the stars doesn't mean its not "astrophotography". and i know that Gcam photography is all about marketing bcs its only done by software not hardware. but what I'm aiming on the photography is to be able to take photos of the visible stars, nothing more than that bcs we all know poco f1 is just a mobile camera not a DSLR.

mohan_168

Apr 14, 2013
Bangalore
Will it be possible to port the functionality of Google Cam v7.2 to the Pocophone?

No. All developers including sanity have moved to New devices. Sanity will now be making gcam for PE10 based K20 pro.
Parrot has made this gcam which is the last from him as well.
PMGC_7.0.009_FinalBuildGoodbye_V1.apk

With nobody making donations to developers, our device will die slow death.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

maybe when android 10 will arrive

Android 10 is already out. Xiaomi making miui11 based on Android 10 will not give you new gcam.
The only best bet for our device is not arnova whose mods might work our device. But it is not customized for us, so don't expect best quality

Reactions: TahirZX and viv29

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
No. All developers including sanity have moved to New devices.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Android 10 is already out. Xiaomi making miui11 based on Android 10 will not give you new gcam.
The only best bet for our device is not arnova whose mods might work our device. But it is not customized for us, so don't expect best quality

Not true. According to celsoazavedo website the last updates where for the poco and not for the k20. So he's working on both. He stated that he's continuing for poco in early October or so.

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-san1ty/

Also MIUI based on Q is not officially available. We need that for further progression of gcam. Try miroom which is a Android 10 port with latest bsg. There you have more features with a newer gcam version. Doesn't work properly on Android 9 though.

Also gcam development has slowed down in general for all devices because most features work and gcam in Google's way was never about customization.

So maybe stop spreading false information.

mohan_168

Apr 14, 2013
Bangalore
Not true. According to celsoazavedo website the last updates where for the poco and not for the k20. So he's working on both. He stated that he's continuing for poco in early October or so.

Also MIUI based on Q is not officially available. We need that for further progression of gcam. Try miroom which is a Android 10 port with latest bsg. There you have more features with a newer gcam version. Doesn't work properly on Android 9 though.

Also gcam development has slowed down in general for all devices because most features work and gcam in Google's way was never about customization.

I am part of telegram group where beta testing is done. I tested parrot gcam and collected donation for him. The port is now available for everyone. Parrot said it is his last effort for our device since the donation effort was poor.

Sanity is on my friends list on telegram. He categorically said he won't develop for Poco anymore. The donation we collected for parrot was half meant for sanity as parrot used sanity as base. Sanity refused the money and asked us to donate it for planning trees and we did.

If you are part of OP group, arnova is very much active and there are 5 releases of arnova on 7.0. none of them have made it to celzo website. He does not upload beta anymore.

Dice and urnyx are also pretty active and they both said they won't make it work for 845 chipset.

None of my comments are based on rumors. If you want latest updates on gcam, join telegram and be in touch with developers personally.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Crowd funding has already begun for K2pro. You did reserve your judgement before collecting information.

Hey guys, as per the poll of Gcam crowdfunding we got a positive response from all. So we are going ahead with this.

We contacted few of the Gcam devs as per their work record and San1ty aka @fahmigram182 agreed to support the community.

GOAL TO COLLECT: 410€

Paypal Link: http://paypal.me/plsendmoinei

UPI LINK: MOD EDIT: Telegram link removed, please read the STICKY!

NOTE: We have already crowdfunded 2 devices for the community, and we are proud that each CF has been successfully completed within 2 days.

This is the last Crowdfunding we are doing for the K20 Pro community, as this will cover all the development areas.

We expect full support from the community, & as usual we will keep everything transparent about donations!

Cheers and godspeed!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    j57VLZb.png

Google Camera Port
    If you like the camera experience buy an Pixel phone, support Google! (Why not? You won't need any of those ports and you won't experience bugs.)

What is working:
    - Camera (HDR+/RAW/ZSL/Flash and etc.)
    - Portrait Mode (Front/Rear)
    - Night Sight (Front/Rear)
    - Super Res Zoom
    - AR Stickers (guide by S4turno)
    - Slow Motion (a bit buggy, use stock camera for it.)
    - Video Recording (1080p30/60, 4K UHD30/60)
    - EIS (in 30FPS modes)

Known issues:
    None

How to install:
    Download and install the latest apk uploaded below

Beta version:

F1MinimalMod2.1
    Based on: Google Camera 7.2.018. Android 9+.

- Fixed auto focus in video and slow motion mode
    - Added front and back camera model selection

*Note:
    Final update of the Minimal mod based on version 7.2.018 all future updates will be on newer versions of GCam.

!! Clear data of the app after installation !!

Stable version:

F1v9.6_6.2.030
    Quick update:

- Added Tripod mode in Night Sight (Long exposure in Night Sight like on GCam 7 if the device is stable)
    - Other minor changes
    !! UNINSTALL ANY OTHER GCAM PORTS AND Clear data of the app after installation !!

Note: I have removed lib loader to simplify the apk and get rid of the alert box. If you want to you use it, use older versions.

Google Photos Album
    Credits:
    S4turno
    , BSG, Arnova8G2,
    Urnyx05, xtrme, and others.
    just to let you know I didn't abandon the project just got some other stuff going on currently everything else is false information
    I want to say to everyone who care what happened with the links and etc. don't worry about them everything is alright. I won't have time for GCam in the next month or so due personal issues once I am free again everything will return as before *probably*.

Regards, san1ty
    @san1ty @sannn111ty

Will you continue developing for the pocof1?

No plans to stop Poco F1 mods atm
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone