ry this order :
Reflash Recovery Ramdisk from update.app with fastboot
Reflash Kernel from update.app
Reflash System from update.app
type : fastboot -w
Reboot to recovery or e-recovery and perform an hard reset
restart the phone without flash TWRP.
You seen Huawei on startup ?

Hi. Dev could u please help me how to flash twrp. I am new to this so plzz help i dont have my bootloader unlocked:(. What should i do. I really love to see emui 9 in my nova 3e

qouet

Feb 7, 2010
Hi. Dev could u please help me how to flash twrp. I am new to this so plzz help i dont have my bootloader unlocked:(. What should i do. I really love to see emui 9 in my nova 3e

Yeah I did that. No luck

Hi guys!
Try this
The device is in Oreo:
Have an SD card
!!! UNLOCK BOOTLOADER AND OEM !!!
!!! Do a complete reset via the original recovery (setting-> reset) !!!!
Download the beta_flashy on this topic: https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-pro/how-to/guide-how-toom-emui-9-android-9-t3839316
Thank you @a1Pha
Uncompress this and replace images / TWRP.img with this
https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-lite/development/recovery-testing-t3783587
(Rename TWPR.img)
Thank you @Pretoriano80
Download firmware 9.0.1.100 (log) update.zip and update_full_anxxx.zip
copy the files to the ZIPS folder HERE and rename update_full_anxxxx to update_all_hw.zip

plug cable into the phone and run flash.bat

Waiting and hoping

Your device is in EMUI9 but does not work completely:
Download beta_down from this thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20/how-to/guide-how-to-rollback-emui-9-beta-t3841687
Thanks @Androlark
Download the flash.txt file from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77704187&postcount=120
Thank you @a1Pha
Replace flash.bat with flash.txt
https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-lite/development/recovery-testing-t3783587
(Rename TWPR.img)
Thank you @Pretoriano80
copy the files to the ZIPS folder HERE and rename update_full_anxxxx to update_all_hw.zip

plug the cable into the phone and run flash.bat

If you see the message "Waiting for device" after reboot, do not worry:

Open a new cmd in beta_down folders
and type these commands:
adb shell twrp decrypt
adb push ZIPS-HERE / update.zip /data/update/HWOTA/update.zip
push ad ZIPS-HERE / update_all_hw.zip /data/update/HWOTA/update_all_hw.zip
adb push images / nocheck.img /data/update/nocheck.img
adb shell "echo --update_package = / data / update / HWOTA / update.zip> / cache / recovery / command"
adb shell "echo --update_package = / data / update / HWOTA / update_all_hw.zip >> / cache / recovery / command"
adb shell if = / data / update / nocheck.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / by-name / recovery_ramdisk
adb startup recovery

Waiting and hoping

Last edited:

dcduartee

Aug 23, 2015
I'll try that. Thanks for all your help so far

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Hi guys!
Try this
The device is in Oreo:
Have an SD card
!!! UNLOCK BOOTLOADER AND OEM !!!
!!! Do a complete reset via the original recovery (setting-> reset) !!!!
Download the beta_flashy on this topic: https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-pro/how-to/guide-how-toom-emui-9-android-9-t3839316
Thank you @a1Pha
(Rename TWPR.img)
Thank you @Pretoriano80

plug cable into the phone and run flash.bat

Waiting and hoping

Your device is in EMUI9 but does not work completely:
Download beta_down from this thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20/how-to/guide-how-to-rollback-emui-9-beta-t3841687
Thanks @Androlark
Download the flash.txt file from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77704187&postcount=120
Thank you @a1Pha
Replace flash.bat with flash.txt
(Rename TWPR.img)
Thank you @Pretoriano80

plug the cable into the phone and run flash.bat

If you see the message "Waiting for device" after reboot, do not worry:

Open a new cmd in beta_down folders
and type these commands:
adb shell twrp decrypt
adb push ZIPS-HERE / update.zip /data/update/HWOTA/update.zip
push ad ZIPS-HERE / update_all_hw.zip /data/update/HWOTA/update_all_hw.zip
adb push images / nocheck.img /data/update/nocheck.img
adb shell "echo --update_package = / data / update / HWOTA / update.zip> / cache / recovery / command"
adb shell "echo --update_package = / data / update / HWOTA / update_all_hw.zip >> / cache / recovery / command"
adb shell if = / data / update / nocheck.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / by-name / recovery_ramdisk
adb startup recovery

Waiting and hoping

Unfortunately didn't work. Same problems as before

ars_chelsea

Sep 5, 2015
Lisboa
Hi all :)

DAY 1

First thing I noticed instantly was the notifications and the status bar itself being a bit cut, also the apps are a bit cut on top too, although I'm pretty sure we can't patch this right? Cause it involves changes in the system right?
I'm sure they will correct this on a next BETA version.

There are some system apps that were not available like Files(needed for backup and restore and cloud storage), had to install HiCare app and Mobile services as well to get everything to work too.

But after you install those things and patched gapps you can do everything normally, system looks realllyyyyyyyyyy smooth and fast I gotta say they've done a great job, this is probably one of, if no the best android skin out there, haven't tested the Samsung one to it's fullest since I don't have a Samsung phone with One UI but as soon I get a comparable phone I will say which OS is the best :)

Cheers,

AS

dcduartee

Aug 23, 2015
I'm super happy right now. With the latest build (9.0.1.103) using flashy and beta downgrader I finally managed to install android 9 on my phone with everything working correctly including the status bar and notch. I'm super happy :). This is so much better than stock oreo. @qouet thanks for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190302_111443_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190302_111443_com.android.settings.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

ars_chelsea

Sep 5, 2015
Lisboa
I'm super happy right now. With the latest build (9.0.1.103) using flashy and beta downgrader I finally managed to install android 9 on my phone with everything working correctly including the status bar and notch. I'm super happy :). This is so much better than stock oreo. @qouet thanks for your help

Nice!

One thing though, do notifications appear OK to you, not cut? Also do statusbar icons are cut as well or?

Cheers,

AS

dcduartee

Aug 23, 2015
Nice!

One thing though, do notifications appear OK to you, not cut? Also do statusbar icons are cut as well or?

Cheers,

AS
They are fine. They show up as they are supposed to. One thing I noticed so far is that there is no option to turn the screen on when you receive notifications (which I used on oreo) but not a major problem

Last edited:

ars_chelsea

Sep 5, 2015
Lisboa
They are fine. They show up as they are supposed to. One thing I noticed so far is that there is no option to turn the screen on when you receive notifications (which I used on oreo) but not a major problem

Really? WOWY ! Battery life so far, is it better now as well? Cause i noticed it would get worse than EMUI8 but that's because the BETA's aren't fully optimized, is it better now?

Cheers,

AS

marvinalnashi

Jul 8, 2014
codearise.com
I'm on aosp 9 treble now, but since I once flashed EMUI 9 a month ago, I'm unable to restore the EMUI 8 firmware in erecovery. It gives me an error that it cannot find the firmware package or something close to it. Anyone else having this? And yeah I know I shouldn't be running a rom which is for an other region.

dcduartee

Aug 23, 2015
I'm on aosp 9 treble now, but since I once flashed EMUI 9 a month ago, I'm unable to restore the EMUI 8 firmware in erecovery. It gives me an error that it cannot find the firmware package or something close to it. Anyone else having this? And yeah I know I shouldn't be running a rom which is for an other region.
What method are you using to go back? The dload method does not work. Before I got EMUI 9 working perfectly on my phone I used HuRUpdater to go back to EMUI8 and it worked fine

marvinalnashi

Jul 8, 2014
codearise.com
What method are you using to go back? The dload method does not work. Before I got EMUI 9 working perfectly on my phone I used HuRUpdater to go back to EMUI8 and it worked fine

I used HURUpdater for the EMUI 9 flash and rollback too, but I can't seem to restore it in any other way that HURUpdater now, the erecovery of EMUI 9 did find the EMUI 8 firmware package though, but since I returned to EMUI 8 I couldn't get it to work.
I'm going to tinker around with the Huawei Multi- Tool now. I'll udpate this post if I get it fixed.

dcduartee

Aug 23, 2015
I used HURUpdater for the EMUI 9 flash and rollback too, but I can't seem to restore it in any other way that HURUpdater now, the erecovery of EMUI 9 did find the EMUI 8 firmware package though, but since I returned to EMUI 8 I couldn't get it to work.
I'm going to tinker around with the Huawei Multi- Tool now. I'll udpate this post if I get it fixed.
Mine could not find the dload package. I know that on the p20 and p20 pro the pie update changed the partition system so I don't know if it does the same here

dcduartee

Aug 23, 2015
Really? WOWY ! Battery life so far, is it better now as well? Cause i noticed it would get worse than EMUI8 but that's because the BETA's aren't fully optimized, is it better now?

Cheers,

AS
Hey mate, after a few days I noticed the battery seem better than EMUI8 in my opinion. I get more screen time than ever before. And the phone is much smoother. Especially the navigation gestures

Reactions: ars_chelsea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update of April 17
    Hello everyone,
    The Beta version for the ANE-LX1 C432 has been available since the 15th.
    If you had already installed another beta version, here is the procedure to follow everything in place:
    We will use the utility Beta-Downy0.4 (very slightly adapted to P20 (TWRP)) Thanks to @Androlark and @side_flip15.
    Link : Beta Downy
    1) Download the latest rom on fimware finder
    2) Decompress the files and rename the file update_xxx_hw_xx.zip in update_all_hw.zip
    3) Copy zip files into ZIPS-HERE
    4) Launch Flash.bat
    5) Follow the instructions ?
    Troubleshoot:
    If the update does not go to the end, do not panic reboot the phone in recovery (TWRP to disappear) and push on low level formatting.
    Restart Flash.bat.

ATTENTION ALL YOUR DATA WILL BE DELETED MADE BACKUP

Update of February 12

I managed to adjust the crashes in the settings. And at the same time the opening of the phone manager.
    here are the links to the patch to flash with TWRP.

Warning only do it on a firmware EMUI9
    Patch HwSystemManager

If someone tells me how to make my functional rom flashable without you risking a brik. I'm listening.
    I'have too an update.APP with the HISIUFS_GPT.img

Hello,
    I started wearing the Nova3e 9.0.1.100LOG build.
    But I have a problem with the Vendor flash
    With HWOTA crashing to 50%.
    On the other hand in low level format (Emui Recovery).
    Everything seems to work, but I think that since I can not flash vendor, I do not have Gapps ahpps.
    I try changing the install.sh openGapps but even the system partition is too big ...
    If anyone has an idea ... I'm a taker.
    I specify that I am new to this kind of hack ...

Edit 06.02

I managed to flash the PICO Gapps by editing the install.sh file.
    the modified zip download : Modified Gapps

How did I do:

1) Check that your bootloader and FRP are unlocked
    2) Install Firmware Finder on your device

3) Download the firmware for the ANE-AL00C01 (9.0.100).

4) follow the HWOTA method of @vovan1982 attention only change the firmware not brand. it only takes two files (no data_public). at home that's what it has messed up at startup 50% of maj ...

5) I extracted the update.app with huawei extractor.

6) I flash the Kernel, the system and the recovery. via fastboot.

I had a Huawei recovery message telling me that we had to do a low level reset. then it goes to work.

it is not a certain procedure. and you have to know that at update I was not in stock rom.

If you reproduce it's at your own risk
    @qouet Do you have access to 3G/4G network? Cause I don't... It's literally the only thing that's not working for me.

Cheers,

AS

Have you checked the APN settings? I had to add a new setting from my network there. Even on stock Oreo
    If my understanding is correct you ported the EMUI 9 from Nova 3e to the P20 Lite? If so then can you please provide download links? As it will be helpful for us. Maybe it will boot on other hi6250 device. Thanks.

There nothing ported..
    Used files from firmware finder... Better don't Doo that :)
    The gestures look smooth! Much smoother than on EMUI 8. Can't wait to get EMUI 9. Hoping the beta will launch soon in Europe.
    I'm testing android 9 firmware from nova 3e. No notch, some features not working in setttings like battery, notyfications. Still testing