• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PORT] OnePlus 9R Oxygen OS Port For OnePlus 8T

Search This thread

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
flash the original rom with MSM download tool. Works for me on my KB05DA.
But I reflashed the 9r ROM as it is awesome and I am more than happy to continue as is for as long as I keep getting updates :cool:
Why are you giving instructions for KB05DA (Indian variant) when he specifically has KB09CB (T-Mobile variant)?

Reverting with MSM does not work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5star02707

parker.stephens

Nov 16, 2013
Montgomery, AL
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Flashed successfully on my KB2005. Had to make sure I selected the Indian variant in the MSM tool first. So far no issues with the ROM, was able to take OTAs and root without an issue. Even Verizon works with 5G without having to touch any settings.

Flashing the Magisk fix for the About Phone page in settings broke safetynet, though. I'll give up an aesthetic page over safetynet passing any day.

For those of you wondering though, there is no LHDC codec for OnePlus Buds Pro. At least not yet.

Great job!

Edit: And to those who say that their device can't be flashed back to 8T OOS in the MSM tool, did you set the correct target again? :)

Last edited:

Raza Qadri

Jul 31, 2012
Flashed successfully on my KB2005. Had to make sure I selected the Indian variant in the MSM tool first. So far no issues with the ROM, was able to take OTAs and root without an issue. Even Verizon works with 5G without having to touch any settings.

Flashing the Magisk fix for the About Phone page in settings broke safetynet, though. I'll give up an aesthetic page over safetynet passing any day.

For those of you wondering though, there is no LHDC codec for OnePlus Buds Pro. At least not yet.

Great job!

Edit: And to those who say that their device can't be flashed back to 8T OOS in the MSM tool, did you set the correct target again? :)
You can't flash back the original Tmob oos even with the msm tool

LarryBambel34

Sep 20, 2021
[Mod Edit] Automated translation:
Hello,
What else does he do?
Have you noticed any bugs? Glitch display? Overheated?
Are all applications compatible? Does the root work?
And does the update work?

Sorry for the questions, but I'd rather be confident and know where I'm going ^^

Thank you
Bonjour,
Que fait-il de plus ?
Avez-vous remarqué des bugs ? Affichage de pépin ? Surchauffe?
Toutes les applications sont-elles compatibles ? La racine fonctionne-t-elle ?
Et est-ce que la mise à jour fonctionne ?

Désolé pour les questions, mais je préfère être confiant et savoir où je vais ^^

Merci
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

allenjthomsen

This is easily fixable open a command prompt in adb and type this command

adb shell

then type or copy this line below

pm uninstall --user 0 com.qualcomm.qti.uim

then go into developer options and oem unlocking should be togglable

@milton2010

Also for people who want to revert, this is why you are told from the get go to make a backup of persist,reserve,modem ect... part of the reason for that is because your persist/param contains the information that tells your device that its an 8t from tmobile ect... not to mention the fact you also need a backup of param because it has a flag that tells the device if its a cyberpunk edition,normal edition ect...
for those people than want to go back to stock tmobile oos try flashing your persist and param partitions if you have a backup of them, that may solve your issue with not being able to restore tmobile 8t firmware.

Last edited:

xdamember283

Oct 10, 2021
Found a fix for my tmobile 8t (after messing up my tmobile 8t)
  • Download
1. Fastboot enhance:: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...enhance-payload-dumper-image-flasher.4310553/
2. Download offical 8t firmware ota zip: https://www.oneplus.com/global/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1605596915581

• Steps:
1. Make sure bootloader unlocked. cmd command: "Fastboot oem unlock"
2. Extract firmware ota zip from oneplus website. Only need payload.bin file.
3. Put phone in fastboot mode. Connect USB to PC.
4. Open fastbootenchance.exe, it will recognize it in fastboot mode and double click it.
5. click reboot in "fastbootd" mode on the PC app. (not regular fastboot)
6. click flash payload.bin file (select it)
7. Check small box for ignore.
8. it will start flash n take while
9. when its done click reboot recovery on the PC app.... you do a factory reset in the recovery mode on your device. (Must do this or phone wont boot all the way)
10. Reboot to fastboot mode again from the recovery.
11. Go pc... type in cmd command "fastboot oem lock"
12. Thats it... turn on phone as it should... back to normal...... n service works

• Only issue on phone is... settings "about page" glitched.... just minor visual glitch...
  • Downside to this method.... no luck with msm tool even after via this method.
*****If corrupt recovery or trouble getting into fastbootd mode...... just flash lineage recovery.img... which will support fastbootd. (TWRP does not) ******** https://download.lineageos.org/kebab
*fastboot oem unlock*)
"fastboot devices"

"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Last edited:

allenjthomsen

Found a fix for my tmobile 8t (after messing up my tmobile 8t)
  • Download
1. Fastboot enhance:: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...enhance-payload-dumper-image-flasher.4310553/
2. Download offical 8t firmware ota zip: https://www.oneplus.com/global/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1605596915581
  • Steps:
1. Make sure bootloader unlocked. cmd command: "Fastboot oem unlock"
2. Extract firmware ota zip from oneplus website. Only need payload.bin file.
3. Put phone in fastboot mode. Connect USB to PC.
4. Open fastbootenchance.exe, it will recognize it in fastboot mode and double click it.
5. click reboot in "fastbootd" mode on the PC app. (not regular fastboot)
6. click flash payload.bin file (select it)
7. Check small box for ignore.
8. it will start flash n take while
9. when its done click reboot recovery on the PC app.... you do a factory reset in the recovery mode on your device. (Must do this or phone wont boot all the way)
10. Reboot to fastboot mode again from the recovery.
11. Go pc... type in cmd command "fastboot oem lock"
12. Thats it... turn on phone as it should... back to normal...... n service works
  • Only issue on phone is... settings "about page" glitched.... just minor visual glitch...
  • Downside to this method.... no luck with msm tool even after via this method.
*****If corrupt recovery or trouble getting into fastbootd mode...... just flash lineage recovery.img... which will support fastbootd. (TWRP does not) ******** https://download.lineageos.org/kebab
*fastboot oem unlock*)
"fastboot devices"
"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
I will say this again if you want to flash T-mobile stock to your T-mobile 8T you will need todo these steps

1. Have a backup of param.bin and persist.img from stock t-mobile rom before you flashed any roms.
2. In order to restore stock t-mobile you will need to reboot to fastbootd mode
3. In fastbootd mode type these commands
fastboot flash param param.bin
fastboot flash persist persist.img
4. Then after doing those 2 commands reboot to edl mode
5. Have t-mobile msm open and ready and flash phone
6. let phone reboot to full stock tmobile rom and enjoy being back on 8t rom instead of being stuck on the 9r rom.
I was able to verify this multiple times over the last week by flashing this rom then doing above steps to restore to stock t-mobile rom.

@_abhi.jit__ please update Thread to show this for the tmobile users so they can revert to stock tmobile 8t rom.

I will state that another user was able to restore stock tmobile 8t rom to device with just param partition flashed and using the stock tmobile MSM.

Last edited:

xdamember283

Oct 10, 2021
I will say this again if you want to flash T-mobile stock to your T-mobile 8T you will need todo these steps

1. Have a backup of param.bin and persist.img from stock t-mobile rom before you flashed any roms.
6. let phone reboot to full stock tmobile rom and enjoy being back on 8t rom instead of being stuck on the 9r rom.
I was able to verify this multiple times over the last week by flashing this rom then doing above steps to restore to stock t-mobile rom.

@_abhi.jit__ please update Thread to show this for the tmobile users so they can revert to stock tmobile 8t rom.

I will state that another user was able to restore stock tmobile 8t rom to device with just param partition flashed and using the stock tmobile MSM.
wow thanks alot this worked perfectly.. im on original tmobile os now from msm. I didnt have a backup so i found this thread and someone shared their stock tmobile param.bin... which worked for me... its in the bottom of the thread shared by some other user.:

I attached it to this comment also.

Attachments

• param.bin
    1 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: allenjthomsen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb shell

@milton2010

Also for people who want to revert, this is why you are told from the get go to make a backup of persist,reserve,modem ect... part of the reason for that is because your persist/param contains the information that tells your device that its an 8t from tmobile ect... not to mention the fact you also need a backup of param because it has a flag that tells the device if its a cyberpunk edition,normal edition ect...
    for those people than want to go back to stock tmobile oos try flashing your persist and param partitions if you have a backup of them, that may solve your issue with not being able to restore tmobile 8t firmware.
    Can we use 9r color os on 8t?
    Yes you can as long as you use this port, but if your on tmobile 8t be careful from the reading ive done people say you cant restore stock tmobile oos for 8t but as ive stated above in this thread there may be a way todo so.

wow thanks alot this worked perfectly.. im on original tmobile os now from msm. I didnt have a backup so i found this thread and someone shared their stock tmobile param.bin... which worked for me... its in the bottom of the thread shared by some other user.:

I attached it to this comment also.
    images.png

FAQ:
    •OTA support is there.
    •No Bugs.

Improvements:
    •More Smooth.
    •Richtap Haptics.
    •Updated Dolby Atmos.
    •Updated Stock Kernel.

Instructions To Flash:

•Same process as you all use to recover your device with MSM Tool.

Contributors:
    @_abhi.jit__
    @mlgmxyysd

⬇️DOWNLOAD 9R OOS PORT FOR 8T

Need Tutorial? Watch This Video Tutorial
    VIDEO LINK

(Optional) To fix the About Phone section flash this Magisk Module and reboot your device. Thanks to @HELLBOY017

⬇️Download Module

Telegram Channel For Support.
    🔗JOIN NOW

adb shell

@milton2010

Is there an update card?
    OP should atleast mention that if you flash this on T-Mobile phone , it is permanent and you can't even go back even with MSM tool
    Anyone running this? Super curious if it's an improvement over stock.