• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[PORT][ROM][6.0.1][CM13][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix | Wiko Getaway [MT6582]

Search This thread

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Hi !

I generated a scatter file using mtkdroidtools and used it to flash the recovery using Smart Phone Flash Tool but I got the error "pmt changed for the rom it must be downloaded". I read too fast a forum that told me to use the auto-format feature from Smart Phone Flash Tool and now I have a nice paperweight. Smart Phone Flash Tool can still connect to the phone, is there a way to unbrick it ?

I found the original rom but it's a big exe. If someone can send me a copy of their phone rom and a scatter file that would be super nice.

I downloaded and ran the latest update from the wiko website and the phone came back to life ! I now have to copy the wifi mac and 2 IMEI written on the cellphone box back to the phone
(I'm not deleting this post in case someone make the same mistake as me)

Have a nice day :)

Hi,
Sorry delay.
I upload original scatter file. See post #1, in "Flash Instructions" section.

regards

telmofcf10

Oct 2, 2016
Wiko getaway

@jasousa can anyone do a video tutorial? I can't flash any of the philz recovery images. On sp flash tool (rashr), when i try to flash the recovery, it says that the chosen zip(6mb) is too big for the device, partition (0mb). Can anyone help me?

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
@jasousa can anyone do a video tutorial? I can't flash any of the philz recovery images. On sp flash tool (rashr), when i try to flash the recovery, it says that the chosen zip(6mb) is too big for the device, partition (0mb). Can anyone help me?

Hi,

What scatter file do you use with SP Flash Tool? See Flash Instructions on post #1.
If you just use the right scatter file and still have the problem, I suggest install the original ROM (download from Wiko Webpage, V21) and try install again recovery with SP Flash Tool.

Regards

Reactions: telmofcf10

telmofcf10

Oct 2, 2016
Jasousa

Hi,

What scatter file do you use with SP Flash Tool? See Flash Instructions on post #1.
If you just use the right scatter file and still have the problem, I suggest install the original ROM (download from Wiko Webpage, V21) and try install again recovery with SP Flash Tool.

Regards
Thanks for your help jasousa, solved it by upgrading the Partition space on the sd card! Now the problem is the phone keeps rebooting when is not charging, and when it does, it doesnt stop! Maybe its a kernel issue but i dont know how to fix it! Care to help, pls? Thank you

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks for your help jasousa, solved it by upgrading the Partition space on the sd card! Now the problem is the phone keeps rebooting when is not charging, and when it does, it doesnt stop! Maybe its a kernel issue but i dont know how to fix it! Care to help, pls? Thank you

Hi,

Can you explain how you upgrade Partition space?

About the issue related with phone keeps rebooting without charger, do you feel problems with battery, like sudently go from 50% to 1%? If you have full charge, the phone keep rebooting?
I have similar symptoms, but only when battery are below 50%. With charger connect, the phone boot with no problem. This issue it happens with any ROM, including original KitKat ROM and my glass began to take off (maybe battery start swell up).
I'm waiting for a new battery, which should arrive this week. I give you news if the new battery solve my problem.

Regards

Reactions: telmofcf10

telmofcf10

Oct 2, 2016
Well, i upgrade it on clockworkmod, there was a feature that let me choose the Partition space on the sd card, including the swap size! After this i flashed the philz recovery, and the rom etc.. then i took a look at the philz recovery menu and there is no feature for that change
About the battery, inicially YEAH it was only below the 50℅ but now it can happen at anytime. Maybe it is from the battery, but it only happened to me after i installed the new rom. In fact, my screen is also coming off, bottom left, is it the same as you? I might have to buy one as well!

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Well, i upgrade it on clockworkmod, there was a feature that let me choose the Partition space on the sd card, including the swap size! After this i flashed the philz recovery, and the rom etc.. then i took a look at the philz recovery menu and there is no feature for that change
About the battery, inicially YEAH it was only below the 50℅ but now it can happen at anytime. Maybe it is from the battery, but it only happened to me after i installed the new rom. In fact, my screen is also coming off, bottom left, is it the same as you? I might have to buy one as well!

Hi,

I replace my battery and now my phone works fine. No more unexpected reboots.
I Hope this problem, that happened to both, it was only an unfortunate coincidence and not related with the ROM.

One more note... To replace the battery I must force the back cover to take it off and need some glue to put it back.
And a good news, I took the opportunity and verify the GPS antenna and press the connector on the board. I press also a little metallic plate cover, over this connector (have two screws), and my GPS are much more accurate now... or.. may be it is a psychological effect! ;)

Regards

telmofcf10

Oct 2, 2016
About the battery, inicially YEAH it was only below the 50℅ but now it can happen at anytime. Maybe it is from the battery, but it only happened to me after i installed the new rom. In fact, my screen is also coming off, bottom left, is it the same as you? I might have to buy one as well![/QUOTE]
Im glad it worked then! Can you tell me where you bought it from? And if it came with the opening tools?

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Im glad it worked then! Can you tell me where you bought it from? And if it came with the opening tools?[/QUOTE]

In my case, screen is coming off on top left because my battery swelled ( not clearly visible to the naked eye) on top left side!
I bought my battery on ebay, like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...C0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=WIKO+GETAWAY+battery&_sacat=0.
Battery came without tools .... but you don't need special tools (a guittar pick it's enough).

See this video, that shows Wiko getaway cover disassembly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nGo3I-8520

Regards

Top Liked Posts