• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PORT] [ROM] [Echoe - Hybrid Edition Rom] [Deodexed] [N910PSPT1ANIE][12/06/2014]

Search This thread

divineazn716

Mar 11, 2010
SAVANNAH, GA
Hey pongo so i tried starkissed with the AEL 5.5 kernel for some reason when i make the changes and click save it goes back to the regular settings to overclock, any suggestions?

pongoface

Jan 13, 2008
Hey pongo so i tried starkissed with the AEL 5.5 kernel for some reason when i make the changes and click save it goes back to the regular settings to overclock, any suggestions?

Thats why i bought faux123. I think you can use dvfs disabler in xposed and see if they stick. Faux just works flawless for me.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: divineazn716

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Hey @pongoface
I haven't been keeping up with the progress of this rom (been busy with my rom) but I was wondering if and how you are handling the NK2 bootloader? I know this rom is NIE based so for those who have upgraded their bootloader to NK2, have you updated the base to NK2 or is it still NIE system files? As always Im here to help any way I can if you need anything just send me a PM. Nice job on this rom port!

BigJPNut

Jan 21, 2011
Hey @pongoface
I haven't been keeping up with the progress of this rom (been busy with my rom) but I was wondering if and how you are handling the NK2 bootloader? I know this rom is NIE based so for those who have upgraded their bootloader to NK2, have you updated the base to NK2 or is it still NIE system files? As always Im here to help any way I can if you need anything just send me a PM. Nice job on this rom port!

This is a NIE final rom.
I ran this for a while with the NK2 bootloader...no issues.
Moved on to Bobcat rom and absolutely love it, but I miss echo. Two excellent roms!
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

divineazn716

Mar 11, 2010
SAVANNAH, GA
hey pongo, i just tried something on my phone and its weird. but when i turn it on airplane mode so people cant call or text me. i turn the wifi on so i can still get internet service but i cant even find my connection to wifi at my home while im at home. it wont connect for some odd reason but it shows other wifi connections around me. do you know any fix for this? im on the nk2 modem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, here it is. My very first port. 3 days ago, I knew absolutely nothing about android. Thanks to Xda and all the wonderful developers, Here comes the boom. You can ask for features and I will try to implement them when I can. I am no developer yet. I just can take anything apart and put them back together from cars to electronics to anything in your home. Hopefully, a couple of devs will hop on. I am a 42 year old business owner. Special Thanks to Friedrich420 for his kernel, rom, and input. Thanks to tx_dbs_tx for his help and base. Thanks to ShabbyPenguin for teaching me how to swap ram disks in kernels. There has been 3 days and nights bringing this to you. Please be kind. I am hard to please as well and I absolutely love this rom.

If you want to buy me a beer, shot, or a soda please feel free. Paypal is [email protected]

Im proud to be the one to port to you the latest work of our Echoe Team!The Echoe Romfor the

Sprint Note 4 Click the pic to go to http://echoerom.com

I. FEATURES

Changelog:
    * Version: Android 4.4.4
    * Changelist: 3311829
    * Build date: 12/06/2014
    - Enabled a total of 32 notification toggles
    - Enabled ALL languages by default
    - Default kernel: N4 AEL v4.5 (OC Version) Kernel is seLinux Permissive
    - GITHUB SOURCE
    - Default TW Launcher: 5x5 6 Hotseat
    - Default SystemUI: 3minit battery mod and Potato Gradient Mod
    - Default Key Mapping:
    *Long press home brings recents
    *Menu brings menu...
    - Updated modded Samsung Camera to its latest version (v9.3)
    thanks to kevinrocksman Camera quality mod/Time limit extendr/higher quality
    - All the mods and extras from the previous Echoe versions
    - Mildly debloated (i.e. most gapps or other apps you can just download are removed)

(08 November 2014) N4 Echoe Rom v1.1 (SM-910P)

- Made using the latest Note 4 Official Samsung Base: N910PVPU1ANIE
    Version: Android 4.4.4
    Changelist: 2796909
    Build date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 05:49:22 +0000
    Product Code: DBT
    PDA: N910PVPU1ANIE

- Stock Repacked Kernel permissive, with init.d support

- Obviously pre-rooted (with latest supersu 2.14), deodexed,
    zipaligned, with busybox support

- The Ultimate Echoe Customization Portal accessible in Settings

- Fully functional torchlight
    (Accessible in settings/display- volume up=on, volume down= off)

- Fully modded SMS/MMS APP
    1. FOLDER VIEW
    2. GROUP MESSAGING
    3. SAVE RESTORE TO SD CARD
    4. NO SMS TO MMS CONVERSION
    5. SPLIT VIEW BUTTON
    6. ORIGINAL TIME STAMP ON RECEIVED MESSAGES
    7. SCREEN ON/OFF TOGGLE
    8. NO SMS TO MMS CONVERSION FOR EMOJI

- Enabled Call Recording

- Enabled Private Mode!!

- Fixed write/download/save,copy to ext sd card

- Tweaked TW Launcher for INSANE speed!!

- Viper4Android sound mod

- 3MINIT BATTERY MOD

-Enabled 32 Toggles

- Enabled ALL languages by default

- Rom supported init.d (ArchInit.d which does not depend on the kernel)

- OTA Customization kitchen available in the Echoe Customization Center - Disabled Enter EchoeRom_v2_KTU84P.N910PVPU1ANIE in ro.build.display.id Enter at your own risk. Some mods break framework. Only for the experienced. That is why I left it out. Will go through mods soon.
    - modded camera - Link
    - Additional notification toggles unlocked [Requires a Clean Flash!!] (S-Finder, Quick Connect, Side Key, Power Saving Mode)
    - removed S-Finder and Quick Connect from notification panel
    - 4way reboot
    - key remapping
    - potatoe gradient along with 3minit battery mod
    - fixed screen mirroring
    - Shealth works “out of the box” without the need of any xposed modules
    - Default kernel: N4 AEL Kernel v4.5 Overclockable to 2.842 with Faux123 optimizer
    - Dark theme settings by default

- A whole lot of little mods and tweaks like
    secondary symbols for all languages in keyboard, exit option in sbrowser, call button in
    contacts and logs, etc. etc.

- The incredible performance and battery balance that ALL Echoe Roms and Kernels offer!!

II. LATEST RELEASE

(December 21th, 2014) Build N910PVPU1NIE

Changelog

1. Updated Superuser
    2. 300 fonts, Holy #*!! Batman
    3. Surround Sound out the box!!! My Ears!!!!!!
    4. Echoe Boot animation
    5. Adaway added
    6. Reverted to sprintmms, so mms works out the box, have a new port with save message to sd but unsure of sim error
    7. Updated kernel to N4 AEL 5.2 blazing and extreme battery life depending on setting, duh!!!

Still old base. Having trouble with systemui.apk from echoe playing nicely with NK2. Please don't ask for an eta. As of right now, I believe there is no performance improvement in NK2 over this rom. This is the fastest, smoothest, most customizable rom on the sprint note 4 to date. Thanks again to tx_dbs_tx for the base and Friedrich420 for Echoe and the N4 AEL kernels.

After startup, update su binary, reinstall xposed framework(not the app newbies!!!!) then reboot. All your previous xposed settings will be back to the way you had them set up.

III. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Rooting tool from Chainfire (not necessary because by flashing the Rom you will be automatically rooted even if you weren't before)

EFS/IMEI Backup Tool by Dr.Ketan

1. USE CUSTOM RECOVERY (LINKS TO BOTH CWM and TWRP)
    Note: As you know flashing any custom Rom will void your warranty and raise your knox warranty counter to 0x1
    2. Make a FULL NANDROID BACKUP!!! (That includes Backing up your EFS)
    3. DOWNLOAD Echoe Rom from one of the links above. Put either into internal or external SD Card.
    4. In Recovery, Wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, system, and Wipe data/factory reset and then Install Zip (from either external or internal SD depending on where you chose to save the Rom)
    5. The installation process takes between 3-5 minutes. Let it do its job Also the 1st boot also takes 3-5 minutes. I would also recommend that before the initial setup, you dont do anything to your phone for 5 minutes... Let it settle and then proceed with the initial setup... That's just my usual ritual with any Rom I flash
    6. Reboot and Enjoy Note: If in Recovery it ever asks you to "Fix Root" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRESS NO!!!
    7. If by any chance you have any issues with LTE, do the following: Grab a root explorer. Go to data/property and find persist.radio.lteon. open it and change the value from false to true. Save and reboot..

IV. DOWNLOAD

http://echoerom.com/sprint-note-4-n910-p/

V. ECHOE TEAM (Alphabetical order)

Friedrich420, 4aces, Acer4605, Darkwing_X, jds3118, roy72, sanoc69, sjamajee, skeamznz, speedwayfan75, stoerte, YukiChan456

VI. THANKS and CREDITS

Chainfire for providing us with Root and for always BEATING SAMSUNG!!!: SuperSu, CF Auto Root
    - FRIEDRICH420 for his Rom and answering of my questions
    - tx_dbs_tx For his AMAZING Deoxized Base
    - Many thanks to TwistedUmbrella for his endless kernel development on AEL and Departed
    - JustArchi
    - The OPs of the guides used for modding most of the apk's
    - Samsung
    - ficeto
    - Wanam for Xposed module: (Credits: Who else??)
    - gharrigton: 3Minit Battery Mod
    - the viper4android: Viper4Android XDA Thread, Viper4Android Audio Website
    - kevinrocksman Camera quality mod/Time limit extendr/higher quality
    - The INCREDIBLE Echoe Team

VII. SCREENSHOTS

Screenshot_2014-11-23-09-24-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-23-09-25-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-25-20-06-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-16-38-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-17-33-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-25-18-06-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-23-09-25-28.jpg

Dont forget:
    Flashing this Rom voids your warranty. And as with any custom Rom it comes with the usual dangers/ side effects such as, but not limited to, explosions, wars, spontaneous combustion, your pet forgetting all his/her tricks, retrograde and anterograde amnesia, interpersonal alienation, a number of psychosomatic, neurological, and metaphysical complaints, and in general an overall disturbance in the "order of things". Having said all that, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything happening to your phone as a result of you flashing this Rom...

OP is always in progress.;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    N4 Echoe Rom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    YukiChan456, Friedrich420
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: Touchwiz 4.4.4
    Based On: Touchwiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: (12 December 2014) N
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-06

Created 2014-10-25
    Last Updated 2014-11-23
    Ladies and gentlemen, the creator himself. Thanks for checking in. Btw Release candidate 2 later this week. Ill let you know. Minor fixes to the port. Forgot to swap out the xml manifest in cherry. It's all fixed now in thr second post. :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

My friend you have no idea how PROUD i am with what you did!!!
    Seeing your awesome users being satisfied and like you so perfectly put it "experience the note 4 as it should be" makes me a happy man!!

Dont let this guy fool you though with his humbleness... He did something that was NOT EASY!! And he did it in such short time which shows some serious brains and ability!!!
    He deserves everyone's support!!! And from what i see he is a fellow workaholic so i cant imagine how much more we will get done here!!! :good::good:
    Changelog

1. Updated Superuser
    2. 300 fonts, Holy #*!! Batman
    3. Surround Sound out the box!!! My Ears!!!!!!
    4. Echoe Boot animation
    5. Adaway added
    6. Reverted to sprintmms, so mms works out the box, have a new port with save message to sd but unsure of sim error
    7. Updated kernel to N4 AEL 5.1 blazing and extreme battery life depending on setting, duh!!!

Still old base. Having trouble with systemui.apk from echoe playing nicely with NK2. Please don't ask for an eta. As of right now, I believe there is no performance improvement in NK2 over this rom. This is the fastest, smoothest, most customizable rom on the sprint note 4 to date. Thanks again to tx_dbs_tx for the base and Friedrich420 for Echoe and the N4 AEL kernels.

This can be dirty flashed over RC1, when it boots, it will restart all apps. After startup, update su binary, reinstall xposed framework(not the app newbies!!!!) then reboot. All your previous xposed settings will be back to the way you had them set up.

Link........ https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620392852
    EcHoeHyBriD FiNaL ReLeaSE NoW REaDy

I know you don't want to hear it, BUT I highly recommend fresh install then restore your data from nandroid or titanium. This version flies. Added ael N4 v5.2. Has all the fixins!!! Remember to back up first before flashing. It has stock theme. So after reboot please feel free to flash DarkThemeRedo if you want the dark settings!!!! Everything works as it should. I won't be available to answer any ?'s since I am going out to dinner and do some bowling with the family. So senior members please help the newbies!!! Thanks Pongo

Link---->>>>>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717067717
    Kernals All In One Folder Now Stock and Lightning N4 AEL Kernals

[url]http://echoerom.com/sprint-note-4-n910-p/[/URL]

Approved Modifications

Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=22250

Stock Sprint MMS

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473398800
    This is restore to a working stock sprint messaging app. This can be dirty flashed. No wipe needed.

Ported MMS FIX NOW WORKING PICTURES WILL NOW SEND - changed xml manifest

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620392512

FM Radio Fix, Wifi Calling Fix, and UltraPOwerSavings Mode Fix

Link------>>>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620393477 :laugh: :eek: :cool: :good: