• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PORT][THEME]5/7/11 Heinz_57_Splash_of_Color [Mesmerize & Showcase]

Search This thread

puk3n

Mar 14, 2011
maine
I was able to fix the mms dark text on dark background issue.
I 7zipped the mms.apk out of the H57 Andromedena Tek and 7zip it back into H57 SoC.

Looks pretty cool! I had to go through and test a few once I proved it would work to find one I liked.

Are we having fun or what? I'm close to digging into bdemartino's guide on porting
themes, to figure out this stuff for myself.

I dived into the porting guide and figured out the basics. I decompiled the latest SoC from tator and bdemartino's 2.1 version. I picked the colored pngs I wanted out of the original and replaced the monochrome ones.

I found a better colored mms.apk from the crysis pack but didn't care much for the mms icon, to dark, and 7zipped a different one back into the res folder of the mms.apk.

Everything is about where I want it accept for the gps navigation icon is always there in the notification bar even if gps is turn off. I'm going to look at the png names again and see if i missed a blank gps png or something. Any ideas would be appreciated.
***I just 7zipped the 3 pngs from the original back into the drawable-hdpi-v4 folder. Not sure why this fixed it they are smaller tho.***

Thanks so much to the original creators, rel500 & Crysis21 and these guys who did the ports thefunkbot, phillup & BakedTator. A special thanks to bdemartino for the porting guide, his work on the orig SoC and all he does, and all the devs who make this possible. I think thats enough a$$ ki$$ing for now.

thanks for the tip on the dark txt on mms! switched it out with the one from :5711_Heinz_57_AndromedenaTek_signed_zip and poof got some decent txt outta the deal :)

puk3n

Mar 14, 2011
maine
damn i am a big fat LIAR!! ive had my phone for over one month now...i was trying my best to hack the s*** out of it, sort like i do with everything i own. i VOID warranties like no tomorrow (heh) glad i finally figured out how to update/ flash ect...ect... long story short broke the first phone way past brick i mean this b**** didnt boot or anything, so innocent that i am (LIES) i went to the local uscc and whined about how i took it off the charger after an overnight charging, and all i had was a black screen. got a new handset (mez) and now i know what not too do. tnx to the posts, oh yeah and reading and all that stuff. i apologize if if this tale of deceit offends anyone....dont want to corrupt anyones morals :D

anyhow i need to fly through a few post so i can add comment to some of the dev work going on here l8r

puk3n

Mar 14, 2011
maine
lol my old phone was an sch 451c from straight talk, i didnt even know there was a such thing as a download mode (heh) these phones rock!! pretty cool when the mez is faster than a netbook..im wicked impressed

p.s profile pic is from a burger king wetfloor sign (looks kinda familiar)..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well again, first things first, the CREDITS!!!
    Credit goes to rel500 for making this theme...it kicks ass and looks good doing it,
    also wanna give credit to anyone who may have helped in making this theme and if im forgetting someone and they see this, tell me so i can add you please...dont like forgetting people!!!

and i would also like to thank bde for teaching me how to do this well...if it wasnt for him, i would not have ported anything...hes the man!!!!

OP : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=938317

I am in no was responsible for what you do to your phone...be an adult and own up to it if you screw something up!!! you have been warned!!!

=========Must be on Heinz_57 ROM to enjoy this!!!==========

This uses edify scripting so it will flash in CWM 3

Pic Section : Coming Soon!!! im lazy as you all know...take screen shot, be in the credits...you know the drill!!!

Instructions :
    Disable Lag-Fix (Safety Measure)
    Move file to the root of your SDcard
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Flash in CWM 3
    Reboot...
    Keep waiting....
    FINALLY...Enjoy!!!

Download Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TREE4D9

5/7/11 Download Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OR78XGT0
    Is CWM 3 red ? Sorry about the dumb question. The glossary doesn't mention version numbers with color of cwm. Maybe they're independent of each other, I don't know.

You can use any of our working versions of CWM to flash this.
    You can use any of our working versions of CWM to flash this.

Is CWM 3 red ? Sorry about the dumb question. The glossary doesn't mention version numbers with color of cwm. Maybe they're independent of each other, I don't know.

Yup, what Akellar said.

FYI - all of our CWM recoveries have ended up with red text, there have been 3 versions total (2.5, 2.5.x, now 3.0) any of which work with edify scripts. JT and other individuals have had to take the one released by koush and hack in edits to work with our phones, because the official versions are "broken" in that aspect - so only the ones posted here will work.

What does not work is trying to use CWM 3.0 to flash some of our theme/rom .zips (the ones that didn't already have edify scripts in them) that's where the incompatibility comes into play.
    The messaging, SMS app, has dark text.The clock on the status bar on top is missing also. When I enable and disable it in TSM parts they shift over a little but the clock remains invisible.

Time go visit that donate button now.
    The messaging, SMS app, has dark text.The clock on the status bar on top is missing also. When I enable and disable it in TSM parts they shift over a little but the clock remains invisible.

Time go visit that donate button now.

ill get this fixed asap homie...not a problem...btw ty for the donation homie