[PORT] [TOOL] Carliv Touch Recovery for MediaTek devices

Search This thread

AlexZap

Feb 15, 2014
Waterbury
hey, yuweng,

i used this to update CTR 2.4 to 2.5 for my phone and it worked great... now that CTR 2.7 is out, are you planning on releasing a new port tool, or are we to use the same procedure? will it work the same? i know i should just try it, but i'm feeling lazy :D, so i thought i'd just ask.

its so obvious & still you don't get it . . . :cowboy:

Step 1 - Download compatible CTRv2.5 according to your MTK filesystems
Step 2 - Unpack Step 1 & copy out the res folder & recovery binary
Step 3 - Unpack the working CTRv2.4 that you ported earlier & follow below Step 3

Reactions: derkvol

t-mobile_mda

May 30, 2007
hi guys and thread owner..

i tried to add custom recovery (with ur software) to lgx-135, everything went good but not power on device and not entering to recovery mode..

Code:
Hardware : MT6572

Model : LG-X135

Build number : LGX135-00-V10b-CIS-XXX-OCT-23-2014+0

Build date UTC : 20141023-033229

Android  v : 4.4.2

Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V36.P7, 2014/08/13 19:04

Kernel v : 3.4.67 (u@u-desktop) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP  Thu Oct 23 11:30:07 CST 2014

anyone has any custom recovery for this device..? i have org recovery.img file.. if anyone create for me i can add it..

tia..

Sagar_Patel

Jan 10, 2014
Bhavnagar
hi guys and thread owner..

i tried to add custom recovery (with ur software) to lgx-135, everything went good but not power on device and not entering to recovery mode..

Code:
Hardware : MT6572

Model : LG-X135

Build number : LGX135-00-V10b-CIS-XXX-OCT-23-2014+0

Build date UTC : 20141023-033229

Android  v : 4.4.2

Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V36.P7, 2014/08/13 19:04

Kernel v : 3.4.67 (u@u-desktop) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP  Thu Oct 23 11:30:07 CST 2014

anyone has any custom recovery for this device..? i have org recovery.img file.. if anyone create for me i can add it..

tia..
Mt6572.....i think it has locked bootloader.....did u check whether ur device has locked bootloader or unlocked?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Mt6572.....i think it uses ubifs for system.....so, changing boot or Recovery can kill the device....

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
Alex2ap
When said "CTR 2.7 is out" do you emna "Carliv recovery 2. & 3.0" is out?
Please take care that with device with Android 4.2.x you can use MTKDroid to generate on the fly the recovery for tour device startingfrom Carliv Recovery 2.7 base with the resolution of your device.

papatzis

Feb 10, 2008
Alex2ap
When said "CTR 2.7 is out" do you emna "Carliv recovery 2. & 3.0" is out?
Please take care that with device with Android 4.2.x you can use MTKDroid to generate on the fly the recovery for tour device startingfrom Carliv Recovery 2.7 base with the resolution of your device.

I have tried mtkdroid tools to add cmw to my mtk8389 device successfuly but I prefer this one or twrp. How can I do it I am on 4.4.2

Reactions: puduraja

mohammad.nomaan

Nov 11, 2012
Manama
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hi Master,
I have a chinese s3 clone with mtk 6575 on ICS4.0.4 (480X*800 resolution). Whenever i run the tool it says that you can only port this on mtk chipset. I have tried manually as well as auto, same error. Even MTK TWRP.exe doesn't work
I have CWM5.5.0 installed through MTKDroid tool but cannot get these to work for the device.
I have read through the posts and have tried from V1.4, 2.2 & even 2.4 but get the same error.
Can someone please help on this, iv attached the stock boot & recovery.img files
Is there any way i can do it? :confused:
Thnx

Attachments

• boot.img
    3.5 MB · Views: 142
  • recovery.img
    4 MB · Views: 195

THE Ghost2

Mar 26, 2013
Ok, now I am frustrated.

I have LG l50 D213N and I want to port recovery with your porter CRT 1.4
the problem is that ADB shell is WORKING(I have checked this in CMD with adb shell command)
but your porter is saying that adb is not working.
How the program even tries to detect if adb is working or not?

96DANGER96

Jul 2, 2011
Hi, can somebody tell me how to compile recovery for asus zenfone 2 laser? Qualcomm Snapdragon 410... Thank you..

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
@ 96DANGER96
AIt's a simole but basic ruule for any thread/forum: also if there is no a section, is not a good reason to make an OT in other place.
You cannor ask here about an argument that is OT (mediatek is OK - others are OT).
Please open a thread with your specific request and don't post here fabout OT argument.

m83b4

Feb 1, 2016
Hey newbie here, finally I managed to create a recovery img that works for my mt6572 phone with Easy Magic CTR v2.4 Installer for MTK
but the screen is inverted, I couldnt understand how do I compile my own img (link doesnt work and bare in mind im total newb at this stuff and couldnt find more info about this) ? or some other solution for current working img?
thank you and sorry for being annoying.

m83b4

Feb 1, 2016
ive attached my stock 3e recovery and the created working but inverted screen ctr recovery
i would really appreciate if someone can help me with this

Attachments

• stock3erecovery.img
    6 MB · Views: 183
  • ctr24flipperrecovery.img
    5.7 MB · Views: 204
Jan 31, 2015
Old Tool
Added on Mar 05, 2014
Updated CTR v2.2 for MTK devices with ubifs ONLY
And Thanks to dhinesh77 for countless beta-testing & most importantly, Master Shifu carliv for looking into those ubifs source code to make it work on MTK devices....
salute_zps09342dc6.gif

Download link here...

Solution to cannot see whole sdcard is here by Master Shifu himself, it is actually a new feature/ function... :laugh:
----------------------------------------------------------
Added on Jan 27, 2014
Updated CTR v2.2 Recovery for MT6575,15, 77, 17, 89, 82, 88, 92
MT6572 (ext4 only, ubifs not supported)

Pls support by donation or at least drop your thanks here to encourage Master Shifu for further development...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Download link here

Added on June 02, 2014
New Porting Tool CTRv-1.4 for ext4 devices ONLY. . .

Known problems : Touch not working on some MTK devices . . . :cowboy:

Any bugs report here . . . :cool:
Added on June 10, 2014
New AIO Porting Tool Easy Magic CTR v2.4 Installer for MTK for ALL MTK Cortex-A9/ A7 devices ONLY with either mtd, emmc, ubifs or custpack partition . . . :cowboy:

Updates
Thanks to surfturtle for reporting . . . :eek:

Workaround : Use Manual mode & select 720x1024 that is the screen res for 720x1280 . . .

This is an AIO porting tool so go ahead & try the differrent res at Manual mode, the unpack/ repack feature, play around with it & you'll learn what is needed for porting custom recoveries . . . :cool:
Added on June 17, 2014
Users using XP & 720x1280 MTK devices use this fix . . . :eek:
Added on July 01, 2014
CTRv2.5 refer to here . . . :cowboy:
Notice to annoying n00bs & newbies

Most of your questions are already answered on this thread so pls read it...
alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

1) Either your MTK is still ro.secure=1 then use this method here then EXIT/ CLOSE it first then re-start the porting tool...

2) i've already put in alot of error checking to make sure this porting tool works, either the Auto or Manual port, it will leave behind Ported-CTR folder then manually install it via SPFT when it fail to auto install.... Most probably why it fail to install is b'cos you use SuperSu did you bother to look at your MTK device & grant access to Root Shell... There has been cases where the stock recovery is already corrupted then this tool will also port a corrupted CTR too. Re-install your stock 3e recovery.img & make sure you can boot into it then only use the porting tool again or just use the manual port... The differences is Auto will upload whatever recovery already at your device be it older CWM or TWRP & it will repack it with CTR ramdisk. While Manual will use whatever at your stock 3e -> factory_init.project.rc, meta_init.modem.rc, ueventd.rc & etc... Refer to this by Master Shifu carliv... :good: This tool has no log b'cos it is actually a simple copy & paste program, thats what it actually do.... :laugh:

3) Pls bear in mind that this porting tool has been downloaded by many & confirmed working BUT i can't guarantee that it will work flawlessly on your MTK device so continue trying & report back the solution if you found one... :cowboy:

4) This has been mentioned many times on this thread, if you really can't get it to work then don't just say your porting tool doesn't work...
alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

Instead list out everything then it'll be easier to trouble-shoot
a) What OS you are using on the PC & your MTK...
b) Did you disable UAC & Anti-Virus on your PC
c) Did you execute the porting tool at C:\ drive if you're using XP else then at your Desktop READ what the porting tool says & it will ask you to wait then wait for it to continue without pressing the OK button...

As said many times, this porting tool uses Russian Master Shifu Michfood Repack Utils Huge Credits to him, it is actually DOS program with cygwin dll working at the back so all DOS limitation still applies such as it will ONLY operate properly when it is executed at the Desktop on latest OS... Tested working on XP to 8.1

As much info as possible then it'll be easy to identify where it goes wrong & did you bother to read 5 to 10 pages from the back then you would have know what is the latest story... :rolleyes:

Last but not least, i didn't compile CTR so any features not working / bugs found pls report it here BUT again, read the whole thread first as most already answered at that thread...

Q&A

1) Touch not working, refer to here...
2) MTK Alcatel devices refer to here & here... Supported on CTRv2.4
3) All MTK devices supported except this...
4) Inverted screen solutions -> Compile your own
5) CTRv2.5

Can I use this method to port CTR to my KitKat device?

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007

firephoenix3

Dec 20, 2015
new delhi
won't power off

my phone booted up in recovery but when i try to power off the phone it again boots up to recovery, my phone has both /custpack and /emmc partitions :confused: i used easy ctr magic v2.4

Attachments

• recovery.img
    5.6 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:

yore03

Jun 13, 2016
hi im new here,
im having problem with magic ctr(all version)
when im trying to autoport ctr on my device
it says adb not found,
adb driver is working on my computer( i can use magic twrp and adb work but magic ctr it says adb not found)
im rooted (with kingroot)
tried switch to other port,change pc, different os(win xp and win 7),
but same problem it says adb not found
myphone is cherry mobile comet(mt6572 with ubifs)

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
Thank you for the reply!

I have already tried to use the recovery.img I extracted from my device (the modified one with CWM 5.x, the size is 6MB) and use it with michfood-Port-CWM-6.0.3.0-BM.
The whole procedure completes successfully but the resulting recovery.img is 6.04MB and I can't use it with SP Flash Tool because it's too large and will overlap. :(
What am I doing wrong here?
@MiLToS_666

Sorry but can you help me to find a link where can I download michfood-Port-CWM-6.0.3.0-BM?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Old Tool
    Added on Mar 05, 2014
    Updated CTR v2.2 for MTK devices with ubifs ONLY
    And Thanks to dhinesh77 for countless beta-testing & most importantly, Master Shifu carliv for looking into those ubifs source code to make it work on MTK devices....
    salute_zps09342dc6.gif

Download link here...

Solution to cannot see whole sdcard is here by Master Shifu himself, it is actually a new feature/ function... :laugh:
    Added on Jan 27, 2014
    Updated CTR v2.2 Recovery for MT6575,15, 77, 17, 89, 82, 88, 92
    MT6572 (ext4 only, ubifs not supported)

Pls support by donation or at least drop your thanks here to encourage Master Shifu for further development...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Download link here

Added on June 02, 2014
    New Porting Tool CTRv-1.4 for ext4 devices ONLY. . .

Known problems : Touch not working on some MTK devices . . . :cowboy:

Added on June 10, 2014
    New AIO Porting Tool Easy Magic CTR v2.4 Installer for MTK for ALL MTK Cortex-A9/ A7 devices ONLY with either mtd, emmc, ubifs or custpack partition . . . :cowboy:

Updates
    Thanks to surfturtle for reporting . . . :eek:

Workaround : Use Manual mode & select 720x1024 that is the screen res for 720x1280 . . .

This is an AIO porting tool so go ahead & try the differrent res at Manual mode, the unpack/ repack feature, play around with it & you'll learn what is needed for porting custom recoveries . . . :cool:
    Added on June 17, 2014
    Users using XP & 720x1280 MTK devices use this fix . . . :eek:
    Added on July 01, 2014
    CTRv2.5 refer to here . . . :cowboy:
    Notice to annoying n00bs & newbies

Most of your questions are already answered on this thread so pls read it...
    alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

1) Either your MTK is still ro.secure=1 then use this method here then EXIT/ CLOSE it first then re-start the porting tool...

2) i've already put in alot of error checking to make sure this porting tool works, either the Auto or Manual port, it will leave behind Ported-CTR folder then manually install it via SPFT when it fail to auto install.... Most probably why it fail to install is b'cos you use SuperSu did you bother to look at your MTK device & grant access to Root Shell... There has been cases where the stock recovery is already corrupted then this tool will also port a corrupted CTR too. Re-install your stock 3e recovery.img & make sure you can boot into it then only use the porting tool again or just use the manual port... The differences is Auto will upload whatever recovery already at your device be it older CWM or TWRP & it will repack it with CTR ramdisk. While Manual will use whatever at your stock 3e -> factory_init.project.rc, meta_init.modem.rc, ueventd.rc & etc... Refer to this by Master Shifu carliv... :good: This tool has no log b'cos it is actually a simple copy & paste program, thats what it actually do.... :laugh:

3) Pls bear in mind that this porting tool has been downloaded by many & confirmed working BUT i can't guarantee that it will work flawlessly on your MTK device so continue trying & report back the solution if you found one... :cowboy:

4) This has been mentioned many times on this thread, if you really can't get it to work then don't just say your porting tool doesn't work...
    alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

Instead list out everything then it'll be easier to trouble-shoot
    a) What OS you are using on the PC & your MTK...
    b) Did you disable UAC & Anti-Virus on your PC
    c) Did you execute the porting tool at C:\ drive if you're using XP else then at your Desktop READ what the porting tool says & it will ask you to wait then wait for it to continue without pressing the OK button...

As said many times, this porting tool uses Russian Master Shifu Michfood Repack Utils Huge Credits to him, it is actually DOS program with cygwin dll working at the back so all DOS limitation still applies such as it will ONLY operate properly when it is executed at the Desktop on latest OS... Tested working on XP to 8.1

As much info as possible then it'll be easy to identify where it goes wrong & did you bother to read 5 to 10 pages from the back then you would have know what is the latest story... :rolleyes:

Last but not least, i didn't compile CTR so any features not working / bugs found pls report it here BUT again, read the whole thread first as most already answered at that thread...

Q&A

1) Touch not working, refer to here...
    2) MTK Alcatel devices refer to here & here... Supported on CTRv2.4
    3) All MTK devices supported except this...
    4) Inverted screen solutions -> Compile your own
    5) CTRv2.5
    Guys, i can't keep up with all the different porting tools i've made, pls DIY if you want CTRv2.5. . .

The porting tool has everything & already given you all the info you need . . .

Step 1
    • If yours is emmc/ mtd refer to here & download your device res
    • If yours is custpack refer to here & download your device res
    • If yours is ubifs refer to here & download your device res

Step 2
    1. Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img, copy downloaded CTRv2.5 Eg: port_CarlivTouch-recovery-2_5-480x854.img & rename it to recovery.img & press OK
    2. Goto CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk & copy whole res folder out
    3. Goto CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\sbin & copy the binary file named recovery out

Step 3
    1. Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img again to unpack the earlier working CTRv2.4 recovery.img for your device
    2. Delete res folder & replace it with res from CTRv2.5
    3. Replace recovery from CTRv2.5 to sbin
    4. Manual edit CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\etc\recovery.fstab with Notepad++ & add the below accordingly
      Code:
      /boot        emmc    /dev/bootimg
      /recovery    emmc    /dev/recovery
      /uboot       emmc    /dev/uboot
      /nvram       [COLOR="red"]emmc[/COLOR]    /dev/nvram[COLOR="Red"] <- Add this new line[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR="Blue"]OR[/COLOR][/B]

/nvram       [COLOR="Red"]mtd[/COLOR]      nvram
    5. Use the Repack recovery.img & let it auto-install the new CTRv2.5 to your device, thats it !

Yo, Bala bro, been quite busy with work, until now only manage to finish this tut... :eek:

Yeah, i was thinking about that too, to mod dsixda's android kitchen just for MT6573 platform that includes Bruno Martins's unpack/ repack boot.img, unpack/ repack recovery & port it to CWMR like this tut, replace a2sd with data2ext or ad2sdx; only this two mod stable on MT6573 platform so far that i have tested...

actually did try but give up half way as my scripting skill is still at novice level... :eek:

did read it on some other forum that someone is actually doing that too but i never see it got release though...:p

Well i guess we need dsixda expertise to be able to do that but he is retired now...
    ids_emoticon_wilted.gif

Added on Sept 04, 2012 Info Update
    Dark Tremor's a2sd/ Apps2sd works well on MT6573 platform after all... :eek:

i was using the last version 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 all this while & i always use a2sd datasd all the time & it FC all apps after a few weeks of using/ sometimes a few days even after a fresh install...

After all, DT_a2sd/ apps2sd is actually apps to sd & i always push it as data2sd... :eek:

Only until recently that i play with Android Kitchen, use it to extract my system.img & update it with its built-in Darktremor Apps2SD version 2.7.5.2, it works extremely well because 2.7.5.2 doesn't support a2sd datasd feature...

So guys, if you are using DT_a2sd beta 4, don't use the command a2sd data2sd instead use a2sd cachesd...

You can checkout my other post here
    Okay, here's CWM recovery v6.0.2.8 (ramdisk only) for anyone that wants to port it to MT65xx based devices. Please note that this ramdisk contains my Huawei U8836D specific files and properties, but it should at least be portable for the majority of MT6577 phones out there. Important note is that init.usb.rc (only needed for MT6577 devices) is device specific and while porting the original must be taken from stock boot.img.

Other than that, nandroid backup is fully working for devices with eMMC partitions, unlike other recoveries that get stuck while backing up boot partition.

Happy porting (and don't forget to hit "Thanks" button)! :D
    hello y2yu,

Glad you find it informative... :D

According to this site, there will be another 2 new cpu after MT6575/ MT6577... (use google chrome for translation)

This means MT6573 is 5 generation behind MT6588 & it is still unexploit with all info/ tools scattered all over the web...

Thats where i decided to compile all these info & put it here... :good:

Now that i check, i've bought my first mediatek back in 2008...( never knew it until i check it just now ) :silly: It has serve me well for almost 2 years in spite of dropping, a few times from 8 feet height when i was on a ladder & it still works ! It was the last drop that spoilt the mic & render it unuseful. It can still make & receive call to date but the other side can't hear what i say... :eek:

At that time, made in china phone was famous for its extra loud speaker/ ringtone but doesn't support android back then...

haha, enough of history, have you manage to port CWMR to your MT6573 ? In fact, i have manage to create a plugin for dsixda's Android Kitchen which can port CWMR to any MT6573 with a few copy & paste features just like Android Kitchen... :good:

Still testing it, may be you would like to be the first beta tester... :confused: