[PORT][V.8] OxygenOS Stock Camera and Gallery Port

Search This thread

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
Hello guys.

After months of working and learning, finally I have some success of porting the stock OxygenOS camera and something to release.

FOR MARSHMALLOW :

Working list:
aHDR
HDR
HQ
Manual
Video
Slow Motion - work, but not like it should
Time-lapse
Front camera Beauty Mode

Not working list:
RAW/DNG - Don't turn it on. YOU CAN GET DNG SHOOTS WITH 3-RD PARTY APPS
Smile capture - Just doesn't want to take pictures

Changelog:
v.3.0 BETA
- Rebased frameworks - This fix the errors on the latest nightly
- Fixed Front Camera Beauty Mode
- Added more needed libraries
- Fixed Theme error in OPCamera app(we don't use oos themes,right?)
- RR Original support temporary stopped, because I don't have time now to test and port it, sorry
- Added a STABLE build for the latest CM13 Snapshot and BJRR Stable builds
- Support NucleaROM

v.2.0 BETA
- Fully ported OxygenOS 3.5CB camera framework
- Apps updated to those from OOS 3.5CB(they are same version, but they have some changes I think)
- Some libraries updated to OOS 3.5CB
- Some more libraries and binaries traced and added
- Added versions for Ressurection Remix OFFICIAL and BLACKJUBEL - Thx to @ZeNiXxX
- 3-rd party Camera2 app should work now without problems
- All the supported roms are merged in one flashable.zip
- Should fix the CM problem with the hal1 apps
- Maybe more that I will add later...

v.1.0 BETA
- Initial release

Installation:
First and maybe the most important thing is to make a backup of your current rom.
Clean flash of your rom is recommended, because this is a really deep port and you may have problems with some adds and mods.
Flash the BASE zip and right after that flash the FRAMEWORK zip intended for your rom(do not reboot between them)

Download:
BASE ZIP:
OxygenOS_Camera_Port_v3_0 _BASE

FRAMEWORKS:
OxygenOS_Camera_Port_V3_FRAMEWORKS

FOR NOUGAT:

Nougat changelog:
V8 Gallery
- App updated to the one from OB13 with many added features
- Initial test for arm based devices (32bit) - UNTESTED

V8 Camera
- App updated to the one from OB13
- aHDR unblocked

V5.1 Gallery
- Fixed the error "Update, blablabla" that prevented the gallery app to be used on other devices

V5 Camera
- Apps and libraries updated to those from 4.0.3
- Everything else from the previous builds is included

V4.1 Camera (Gallery soon)
- Camera app updated to that from 4.0.2
- Cleaned from unsupported things and errors(again...)
- aHDR mode removed since it's not working
- libraries updated
- As bonus with the new app there is "STILL_DENOICE" mode(filter) on the normal mode(HDR/HQ off)
Maybe I forgot something, but...

V3.1 Camera
- Fixed panorama mode

V3 Camera/Gallery
- Go here

V2 Camera/Gallery
- Fixed video recording

Installation:
Install as normal apps.
Using both apps is recommended, but it's not mandatory.

Download:
OxygenOS_Camera_Port-NOUGAT

ATTENTION:
If there is no HDR/HQ buttons in the app and you don't get "processing" dialog when taking picture, you will need to use the Camera HAL1 Enabler to fix this.
  1. Download the Camera HAL1 Enabler suited for your rom listed below.
  2. Flash it in your recovery.
  3. Reboot in to the system and clear the camera app data.
  4. If you have done everything correctly, you should now have HQ/HDR buttons in the app.
HAL1 Enabler for LOS(and based on it): LineageOS
HAL1 Enabler for omni 7/AOSiP/DU : omni 7 Credits to @ieatyoshis for moding and testing it

If you like my work and you think that I deserve, buy me a beer or just click the Thanks button. I will appreciate it :)

Please, do not mirror my work and don't use it in your roms for now, I want feedback so I can try to fix everything. If you want to share it, please give a link to this thread.

Attachments

• d1a5c92a9be5d2812d7efc612f4a0882.jpg
    d1a5c92a9be5d2812d7efc612f4a0882.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 87,193
  • b3a650f5051fc285caf986cac6c20402.jpg
    b3a650f5051fc285caf986cac6c20402.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 84,930
  • 575b1999459c76fe641187fe234ab178.jpg
    575b1999459c76fe641187fe234ab178.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 84,206
  • f923f6b0a7284f292d29b4ff7d4c4a99.jpg
    f923f6b0a7284f292d29b4ff7d4c4a99.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 84,834
  • 96a0fbb1bd1015c9f7f097679b059a49.jpg
    96a0fbb1bd1015c9f7f097679b059a49.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 82,764
Last edited:

kimbo_985

Mar 23, 2014
Hello guys.

After weeks of working and learning, finally I have some success of porting the stock OxygenOS camera and something to release.

For me the cam is working very good for the past 2 days and hope that I didn't miss something while doing the package. I attached some samples(in the other thread) taken with it, so there is not much that I can tell about the quality and you don't want to read my bad English :D You all will want to try it and see for yourself, so lets do it ^^

For now this port is tested and probably will only work with the official CM13 rom. I will do my best to make it compatible with the other custom roms out there and meanwhile bugfix it. But first let we see how this will work for you :)

Work / not work list:
Most if not all the things are working good for me. Please give your feedback.
Touch to focus, Flashlight,
Auto HDR, HDR, ClearShot, Manual mode,
Slow motion, Time lapse, Panorama / you will need to use the OPGallery for this

Installation:

First and maybe the most important thing is to make a backup of your current rom.
If you come from other rom and clean flashing CM, just flash the OOS Camera package after everything else.
If you currently use CM rom and if you used any camera mod before this one, please dirty flash the rom, then again flash the OOS Camera package after everything else. If nothing from the above, just flash it.

You can choose to remove or not the CM stock camera and gallery when you flash the package.
To be on the safe side, wipe cache/dalvik cache after flashing it.

Changelog:
v.1.0 BETA
- Initial release

Download:
OxygenOS_Camera_For_CM_V1_0

Please, do not mirror my work and don't use it in your roms for now, I want feedback so I can try to fix everithing.

If you like my work and you thinк I deserve, buy me a beer or just click the Thanks button. I will appreciate it :)

If I forget something, will add it later, time to sleep now.
Great work! Download and test it Tomorrow! Than feedback!

2x4

Oct 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Just flashed this over sultan's cm - device failed to boot (boot animation keeps going without ever reaching exception pin request screen)

Tried both keeping and removing cm camera / gallery options

Last edited:

AcmE85

Jan 19, 2012
@siankatabg
If I'm not mistaken, the zip does not contain a backup script, so it will be needed to reflash the camera after each nightly update.
Should probably be mentioned in the initial post.

Will test later. Thank you!

Reactions: alan_cns

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
I have test with latest nightly cm13 and latest opengapps. I have remove also cm cam and cm gallery. On first start the cam make good pictures, but after this i will make a pictures this will not saved. Without touch to focus the picture are very unsharpen.

Edit: HQ is every time working, also HDR but HDR A not working, this modus will not make a picture. Whene i make a picture without hq and hdr (normal modus) i see a very long processing after i have make the picture and i must close the cam.

Last edited:

badtzo

Dec 8, 2010
Mexico city
Redmi K20 Pro
The downloading zip is without nothing for me... ¿¿¿???

I got the same problem. try to download it on your PC. :)

OMG! this camera is fully working!!! *-* you did an amazing job man!!!!:D

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

I have test with latest nightly cm13 and latest opengapps. I have remove also cm cam and cm gallery. On first start the cam make good pictures, but after this i will make a pictures this will not saved. I have make 5 pictures but i can not see this in the gallery, its not saved. Its a big bug.

Edit: HQ is every time working, also HDR but HDR A not working, this modus will not make a picture. Whene i make a picture without hq and hdr (normal modus) i see a very long processing after i have make the picture.

Are you using the official CM nightly?

I got some bugs on my PACROM so I just made a clean install of latest CM and is working like a charm.

edit
while I was installing the zip I chose to delete CM camera and Gallery.

Last edited:

crzykiller

Sep 20, 2012
Just flashed this over sultan's cm - device failed to boot (boot animation keeps going without ever reaching exception pin request screen)

Tried both keeping and removing cm camera / gallery options

Well duh sultan's cm completely modifies the camera HAL and all the libs and what not

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
I got the same problem. try to download it on your PC. :)

OMG! this camera is fully working!!! *-* you did an amazing job man!!!!:D

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Are you using the official CM nightly?

I got some bugs on my PACROM so I just made a clean install of lastest CM and is working like a charm.

Read my post.

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Well, it's fully working for me without any bug. I tried every single mode and all of them are saving files. If you can't see them with your gallery maybe you need to reboot your device or try to do a clean install of CM.

I have make a clean install. Make a picture with HDR A and you will see the the cam make not a picture.

badtzo

Dec 8, 2010
Mexico city
Redmi K20 Pro
OK, I found 2 bugs:

- If you take a picture and you move your hand before it process the capture, it will not save the file sometimes.
- Raw files are not saving.

RAW == Saving ?
with AutoHDR = No
without HDR = No
without HDR/ HQ = No
with HDR = Yes
with HQ = Yes
with flash = Yes
with Manual = No

Last edited:
Reactions: AcmE85

EnormoDerClown

Jan 18, 2011
So this mod won't work for sultan and arter?

C'mon really? The thread has 2 pages, it was already discussed and is written (and marked) in the OP. "For now this port is tested and probably will only work with the official CM13 rom" His work is based on Cm13, the official version. Every rom which is doing things differently is likely not working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys.

After months of working and learning, finally I have some success of porting the stock OxygenOS camera and something to release.

FOR MARSHMALLOW :

Working list:
    aHDR
    HDR
    HQ
    Manual
    Video
    Slow Motion - work, but not like it should
    Time-lapse
    Front camera Beauty Mode

Not working list:
    RAW/DNG - Don't turn it on. YOU CAN GET DNG SHOOTS WITH 3-RD PARTY APPS
    Smile capture - Just doesn't want to take pictures

Changelog:
    v.3.0 BETA
    - Rebased frameworks - This fix the errors on the latest nightly
    - Fixed Front Camera Beauty Mode
    - Added more needed libraries
    - Fixed Theme error in OPCamera app(we don't use oos themes,right?)
    - RR Original support temporary stopped, because I don't have time now to test and port it, sorry
    - Added a STABLE build for the latest CM13 Snapshot and BJRR Stable builds
    - Support NucleaROM

v.2.0 BETA
    - Fully ported OxygenOS 3.5CB camera framework
    - Apps updated to those from OOS 3.5CB(they are same version, but they have some changes I think)
    - Some libraries updated to OOS 3.5CB
    - Some more libraries and binaries traced and added
    - Added versions for Ressurection Remix OFFICIAL and BLACKJUBEL - Thx to @ZeNiXxX
    - 3-rd party Camera2 app should work now without problems
    - All the supported roms are merged in one flashable.zip
    - Should fix the CM problem with the hal1 apps
    - Maybe more that I will add later...

v.1.0 BETA
    - Initial release

Installation:
    Clean flash of your rom is recommended, because this is a really deep port and you may have problems with some adds and mods.
    Flash the BASE zip and right after that flash the FRAMEWORK zip intended for your rom(do not reboot between them)

Download:
    BASE ZIP:
    OxygenOS_Camera_Port_v3_0 _BASE

FRAMEWORKS:
    OxygenOS_Camera_Port_V3_FRAMEWORKS

FOR NOUGAT:

Nougat changelog:
    V8 Gallery

V8 Camera
    - aHDR unblocked

V5.1 Gallery
    - Fixed the error "Update, blablabla" that prevented the gallery app to be used on other devices

V5 Camera
    - Apps and libraries updated to those from 4.0.3
    - Everything else from the previous builds is included

V4.1 Camera (Gallery soon)
    - Camera app updated to that from 4.0.2
    - Cleaned from unsupported things and errors(again...)
    - aHDR mode removed since it's not working
    - libraries updated
    - As bonus with the new app there is "STILL_DENOICE" mode(filter) on the normal mode(HDR/HQ off)
    Maybe I forgot something, but...

V3.1 Camera
    - Fixed panorama mode

V3 Camera/Gallery
    - Go here

V2 Camera/Gallery
    - Fixed video recording

Installation:
    Install as normal apps.

Download:
    OxygenOS_Camera_Port-NOUGAT

ATTENTION:
    If there is no HDR/HQ buttons in the app and you don't get "processing" dialog when taking picture, you will need to use the Camera HAL1 Enabler to fix this.
    1. Download the Camera HAL1 Enabler suited for your rom listed below.
    2. Flash it in your recovery.
    3. Reboot in to the system and clear the camera app data.
    4. If you have done everything correctly, you should now have HQ/HDR buttons in the app.
    HAL1 Enabler for LOS(and based on it): LineageOS
    HAL1 Enabler for omni 7/AOSiP/DU : omni 7 Credits to @ieatyoshis for moding and testing it

If you like my work and you think that I deserve, buy me a beer or just click the Thanks button. I will appreciate it :)

Please, do not mirror my work and don't use it in your roms for now, I want feedback so I can try to fix everything. If you want to share it, please give a link to this thread.

Some good news before Christmas?
    Current situation in my initial test:
    Camera:
    Manual HDR and HQ seems to work fine.
    aHDR most probably isn't working, but the option is there.
    The hidden super photo (on auto mode) that takes 3 frames is working too.
    Video:
    All modes seems to work right, however 60fps takes only 40fps(I'm almost sure this is due to the cm media stack)
    EIS is working too.
    Manual:
    Manual mode is fully working.
    Slow motion:
    Fully working and taking 120fps video.
    Time lapse:
    Not tested.
    RAW:
    Not working, the option is not even there.
    Front camera:
    Beauty mode FC(I think I know how to fix it).
    Smile capture button is not presented (due to the missing framework).

Maybe I've missed something, but for now it seems good for me :)

New update for Nougat is here guys :)

Apps are updated to the latest ones from OpenBeta9 and they were tested on CM14.1 using the updated blobs from N that are not merged in the official builds(they are dead, but...). However the camera HAL in the two builds are the same, so there is a good chance that they will work the same way on any N build. You can find builds with updated blobs from N pretty easy.

The apps are cleaned from things that are not supported on non-OxygenOS roms, all the needed libs are baked in them and they are now properly signed and you will not get strange messages during the installation.

For working/not working list you can see the quoted post and I've already said what changes I did, so you can find them here:

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=121579

Install them as normal apps.

Merry xmas :)
    Updated apps are uploaded!

Changelog:

V8 Gallery

V8 Camera
    - aHDR unblocked

Please, test and report back. Have fun :)
    Hello again guys :)

Guess what I did today? Yes, I ported the whole camera framework ^^ This took me another 5 days... but I'm impressed by myself :D I didn't think I could do it...

However, the visible improvements are working aHDR(yes, there is a HDR badge at the bottom when it decide that it's needed), working 3rd party apps with camera2 support and maybe better pictures, because of the missing callback's, but I get it to work few hours ago, so the quality is still not tested. I traced few more libraries, that are somehow connected with the main ones, but i don't know if we need them(they not affect the system, so I will add them :) ).

Still not working list:

Back cam:
    DNG/RAW images - Another s**** implementation I guess with maybe some more checks and so on... IT WORKS WITH 3rd party apps(tested with SnapHDR camera(trial)).

Front cam:
    Now we have button for smile capture, but it don't want to take pictures and I don't know why. In the logs it says that there is a face and it waits for smile, but nothing more...
    Beauty mode - FC. Maybe some missing libraries, because it doesn't want to get initialised.

Stay tuned, there will be a new big build these days :)
    Hello guys :)

I think it's time for me to update this thread since yesterday was my last working day for this year :) And christmass is coming! So my plans are to release a final update for MM and update the N apps with the latest ones from OpenBeta.

As you know I can't flash all the roms out there to get the framework.jar so I'll need your help with this. Please send me on PM this file with the rom version and date and I'll patch it and upload it tomorrow. If I have time after all that I'll try one more time to port the nougat framework, so wish me luck and please send me the framework.jar from your favourite rom that you are using :)

Thanks.