[Port] Xash3D (Half-Life) for Windows RT

Search This thread

Cecil-Harvey

Sep 17, 2014
github.com
here's a quick port of Xash3D (half-life open source clone) to Windows RT.
This should also work under Windows 10 ARM.

NOTE: You still need the original data files of Half-Life to run the game (the contents of 'value' folder), which is NOT included here.
Source Code is included.

Screenshots
AA68270-B1555-BAA12-E322-D374-FF6-FC8-F.jpg

-
D25-B57-E34348-CE8-CFF40438-DD74-D11-C8.jpg

-

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApWQtYPhnuKX7HNQYoTBIaTRGb6p?e=r9GKgS
Counter-Strike 1.6 MOD:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApWQtYPhnuKX7SnAKSkZU6TWdGMI?e=WWdsla

Please let me know if problem exists.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: AlGaib

AlGaib

Jan 21, 2015
Hey, hello thank you for this port you brought us, I just tried it on my Surface 2 and it works flawlessly, though I don't know how to make counter strike work, also, do you have any tips on how to make blue shift and opposing force work?

Cecil-Harvey

Sep 17, 2014
github.com
Hey, hello thank you for this port you brought us, I just tried it on my Surface 2 and it works flawlessly, though I don't know how to make counter strike work, also, do you have any tips on how to make blue shift and opposing force work?

for counter-strike just copy the cstrike folder from Steam to your RT device and replace the cstrike\dlls\mp.dll and cstrike\cl_dlls\client.dll, and launch the game with "xash.exe -game cstrike -bots".
Opposing Force and Blue Shift (as well as other MODs like Team Fortress/Day of Defeat/etc.) will not work as the source codes are not available, and cannot be recompiled for RT

Last edited:

AlGaib

Jan 21, 2015
for counter-strike just copy the cstrike folder from Steam to your RT device and replace the cstrike\dlls\mp.dll and cstrike\cl_dlls\client.dll, and launch the game with "xash.exe -game cstrike -bots".
Opposing Force and Blue Shift (as well as other MODs like Team Fortress/Day of Defeat/etc.) will not work as the source codes are not available, and cannot be recompiled for RT

Thanks a lot for your help man, worked like a charm :good:

kernelpwn

Oct 24, 2020
HL works great on a Surface RT running Win10.

Couple questions:

When starting up Counter-Strike I noticed that "New game", "Hazard course", and "Load game" are all greyed out and unclickable. Also, when you click "Multiplayer" and create a LAN game you can't click on "Adv. options" either... Is this normal?

If I recall CS 1.6 didn't have a bot system in place? Do you know of any "patches" to add bots to CS 1.6 that may work with this version?

Thanks! :good::good::good:

Cecil-Harvey

Sep 17, 2014
github.com
HL works great on a Surface RT running Win10.

Couple questions:

When starting up Counter-Strike I noticed that "New game", "Hazard course", and "Load game" are all greyed out and unclickable. Also, when you click "Multiplayer" and create a LAN game you can't click on "Adv. options" either... Is this normal?

If I recall CS 1.6 didn't have a bot system in place? Do you know of any "patches" to add bots to CS 1.6 that may work with this version?

Thanks! :good::good::good:
the condition zero bot included with cs 1.6 dll should work, just use -bots parameter when launching the game:
xash.exe -game cstrike -bots
you may also need to copy one file "BotProfile.db" from condition zero to your cstrike folder.

sorry for late reply.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone