• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Port] Xash3D (Half-Life) for Windows RT

Search This thread

Cecil-Harvey

Sep 17, 2014
github.com
here's a quick port of Xash3D (half-life open source clone) to Windows RT.
This should also work under Windows 10 ARM.

NOTE: You still need the original data files of Half-Life to run the game (the contents of 'value' folder), which is NOT included here.
Source Code is included.

Screenshots
AA68270-B1555-BAA12-E322-D374-FF6-FC8-F.jpg

-
D25-B57-E34348-CE8-CFF40438-DD74-D11-C8.jpg

-

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApWQtYPhnuKX7HNQYoTBIaTRGb6p?e=r9GKgS
Counter-Strike 1.6 MOD:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApWQtYPhnuKX7SnAKSkZU6TWdGMI?e=WWdsla

Please let me know if problem exists.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: AlGaib

AlGaib

Jan 21, 2015
Hey, hello thank you for this port you brought us, I just tried it on my Surface 2 and it works flawlessly, though I don't know how to make counter strike work, also, do you have any tips on how to make blue shift and opposing force work?

Cecil-Harvey

Sep 17, 2014
github.com
Hey, hello thank you for this port you brought us, I just tried it on my Surface 2 and it works flawlessly, though I don't know how to make counter strike work, also, do you have any tips on how to make blue shift and opposing force work?

for counter-strike just copy the cstrike folder from Steam to your RT device and replace the cstrike\dlls\mp.dll and cstrike\cl_dlls\client.dll, and launch the game with "xash.exe -game cstrike -bots".
Opposing Force and Blue Shift (as well as other MODs like Team Fortress/Day of Defeat/etc.) will not work as the source codes are not available, and cannot be recompiled for RT

Last edited:

AlGaib

Jan 21, 2015
for counter-strike just copy the cstrike folder from Steam to your RT device and replace the cstrike\dlls\mp.dll and cstrike\cl_dlls\client.dll, and launch the game with "xash.exe -game cstrike -bots".
Opposing Force and Blue Shift (as well as other MODs like Team Fortress/Day of Defeat/etc.) will not work as the source codes are not available, and cannot be recompiled for RT

Thanks a lot for your help man, worked like a charm :good:

kernelpwn

Oct 24, 2020
HL works great on a Surface RT running Win10.

Couple questions:

When starting up Counter-Strike I noticed that "New game", "Hazard course", and "Load game" are all greyed out and unclickable. Also, when you click "Multiplayer" and create a LAN game you can't click on "Adv. options" either... Is this normal?

If I recall CS 1.6 didn't have a bot system in place? Do you know of any "patches" to add bots to CS 1.6 that may work with this version?

Thanks! :good::good::good:

Cecil-Harvey

Sep 17, 2014
github.com
HL works great on a Surface RT running Win10.

Couple questions:

When starting up Counter-Strike I noticed that "New game", "Hazard course", and "Load game" are all greyed out and unclickable. Also, when you click "Multiplayer" and create a LAN game you can't click on "Adv. options" either... Is this normal?

If I recall CS 1.6 didn't have a bot system in place? Do you know of any "patches" to add bots to CS 1.6 that may work with this version?

Thanks! :good::good::good:
the condition zero bot included with cs 1.6 dll should work, just use -bots parameter when launching the game:
xash.exe -game cstrike -bots
you may also need to copy one file "BotProfile.db" from condition zero to your cstrike folder.

sorry for late reply.

Top Liked Posts