[PORT] YouTube Music (Vanced) on WearOS 2

Search This thread

DownAP

Sep 9, 2021
This is a mod of YT Music Vanced & microG Vanced. Offline mode works as long as you have a YT Music subscription.

Requirements
• A phone
• ADB

Basic knowledge about sideloading
• Internet connection

yt1.jpeg
yt2.jpeg

YOUTUBE DOWNLOAD

THE LOGIN PROCESS IS A BIT MESSY SINCE I'VE NEVER DONE SOMETHING LIKE THAT BEFORE AND I HAVE NO INTEREST LEARNING GOOGLE'S API & JAVA

The UI may not be perfect, I've done my best, maybe I'll update it when I'll have time.

Steps
Sideload '
ytlogin-mobile.apk' & 'gms-mobile.apk' on your phone(if you already have non-root microg, you'll have to uninstall it atleast temporary, you can keep using it but you won't be able to update it)
2. Sideload '
ytlogin-wear.apk' & 'gms-wear.apk' & 'ytmusic.apk' on your watch.
3. Give WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission to YT Login on your watch using
adb shell pm grant com.down.musicresponse android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
4. Open
Vanced microG Settings on your phone -> Add Google Account and login (after login it'll tell you that it couldn't establish connection to google server, hit ok)
5. Open
YT Login on both your phone and watch and hit 'SEND RESPONSE' on your phone(the wear app should close at this point)
5.1 At this point you can uninstall microg(phone) if you want to
Open
YT Music -> Sign In -> Add account and wait until the login is done(5-30 seconds)
7. That's it, select the account and enjoy YouTube Music on your unsupported Wear device :) (now you can uninstall YT Login on both your phone and watch if you want to)

TO BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC
Go to Library -> Downloads -> Settings -> Disable 'Download over Wi-Fi only'

BATTERY OPTIMISATION
Open Vanced microG Settings -> Cloud Messaging and disable it

If for some reason the 'official' method doesn't work, you can do it manually
After you login on your google account on the phone(step 4), the login response will be saved in your clipboard, save it in a text file and pull it on your PC
Open CMD and 'adb shell' into your watch and copy & paste the following commands

settings put global email <YOUR_EMAIL_FROM_RESPONSE>
settings put global accountType <YOUR_ACCOUNT_TYPE_FROM_RESPONSE>
settings put global token <YOUR_TOKEN_FROM_RESPONSE>
settings put global sid <YOUR_SID_FROM_RESPONSE>
settings put global lsid <YOUR_LSID_FROM_RESPONSE>
settings put global services<YOUR_SERVICES_FROM_RESPONSE>
settings put global firstname <YOUR_FIRST_NAME_FROM_RESPONSE>
settings put global lastname <YOUR_LAST_NAME_FROM_RESPONSE>

Now simply close CMD, open YT Music and sign in :)

Example response

22.04.29-10.09.21.png

THANKS TO
JimSeker for DataLayer example

Attachments

• gms-mobile.apk
    10.9 MB · Views: 4,641
  • gms-wear.apk
    10.9 MB · Views: 4,594
  • ytlogin-mobile.apk
    4.2 MB · Views: 4,403
  • ytlogin-wear.apk
    2.5 MB · Views: 2,668
Last edited:
Mar 14, 2017
Literally getting my first watch delievery tomorrow. Thanks for the solution. Will update how it works on a square display (oppo watch). Any TG support group?

Edit - Got my watch delievered. Couldn't install ytmusic.apk through wear installer as it said the app is not made for wearOS. Used bugjaeger to install. Would work from a pc too but was feeling lazy

Followed the guide exactly. Great work dev. 10/10 recommended. Works decently IMO on squares.

Attachments

• PXL_20210911_114855753.jpg
    PXL_20210911_114855753.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 690
Last edited:

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
I'm unable to install gms-mobile.apk on my Pixel 5 (Android 12 Beta) I get "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package"

Any ideas?

Minaism

Sep 10, 2021
Hi,

On Poco F3 and Fossil Gen5 Carlyle, got until the send response part and then my watch just showed a wall of text with my email at the top with most of the text being off the screen. What should I do?

Minaism

Sep 10, 2021
Hi,

On Poco F3 and Fossil Gen5 Carlyle, got until the send response part and then my watch just showed a wall of text with my email at the top with most of the text being off the screen. What should I do?
Nevermind, just exited the yt login app, entered yt music app, hit sign in, clicked lower right corner, selected account and I was in.

DownAP

Sep 9, 2021
Same for me. Do you have a solution for this?
Where and how can i find logcat?
Alternatively you can manually set the account without YT Login app.
After you login on your google account on the phone(step 4), the login response will be saved in your clipboard, save it in a text file and pull it on your PC
Open CMD and 'adb shell' into your watch and copy & paste the following commands

Example response

22.04.29-10.09.21.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a mod of YT Music Vanced & microG Vanced. Offline mode works as long as you have a YT Music subscription.

Requirements
    • A phone
    • ADB

Basic knowledge about sideloading
    • Internet connection

yt1.jpeg
    yt2.jpeg

YOUTUBE DOWNLOAD

THE LOGIN PROCESS IS A BIT MESSY SINCE I'VE NEVER DONE SOMETHING LIKE THAT BEFORE AND I HAVE NO INTEREST LEARNING GOOGLE'S API & JAVA

The UI may not be perfect, I've done my best, maybe I'll update it when I'll have time.

Steps
    Sideload '
    ytlogin-mobile.apk' & 'gms-mobile.apk' on your phone(if you already have non-root microg, you'll have to uninstall it atleast temporary, you can keep using it but you won't be able to update it)
    2. Sideload '
    ytlogin-wear.apk' & 'gms-wear.apk' & 'ytmusic.apk' on your watch.
    3. Give WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission to YT Login on your watch using
    adb shell pm grant com.down.musicresponse android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    4. Open
    Vanced microG Settings on your phone -> Add Google Account and login (after login it'll tell you that it couldn't establish connection to google server, hit ok)
    5. Open
    YT Login on both your phone and watch and hit 'SEND RESPONSE' on your phone(the wear app should close at this point)
    5.1 At this point you can uninstall microg(phone) if you want to
    Open
    YT Music -> Sign In -> Add account and wait until the login is done(5-30 seconds)
    7. That's it, select the account and enjoy YouTube Music on your unsupported Wear device :) (now you can uninstall YT Login on both your phone and watch if you want to)

TO BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC
    Go to Library -> Downloads -> Settings -> Disable 'Download over Wi-Fi only'

BATTERY OPTIMISATION
    Open Vanced microG Settings -> Cloud Messaging and disable it

If for some reason the 'official' method doesn't work, you can do it manually

Example response

22.04.29-10.09.21.png

THANKS TO
    JimSeker for DataLayer example
    Same for me. Do you have a solution for this?
    Where and how can i find logcat?
    Alternatively you can manually set the account without YT Login app.

Example response

22.04.29-10.09.21.png
    Can confirm it works. Great job!
    holy **** this is amazing.. thank you!!!!!!! by the way anyone on chromeos using wifi adb the command is

adb -s *ipAddressHere*:5555 shell pm grant com.down.musicresponse android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

same for sideloading the apps its:

adb -s *ipAddressHere*:5555 install "gms-wear.apk"
    YT Login on my Phone only get me a Black screen with boarder. View attachment 5406189
    Can you share a logcat?

I'm unable to install gms-mobile.apk on my Pixel 5 (Android 12 Beta) I get "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package"

Any ideas?
    do as mayankshekharison said