• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[PORTED][APP][HOLO] Holo themed TouchWiz ClockPackage

Gyebro

May 6, 2012
First of all, big thanks to kage00 for porting (de-touchwiz-ing) the ClockPackage.apk, and allowing me to use his work as a base. (Go to his thread and say thanks)
Second, another big thanks for Master Vertumus (for inspiration, and because I've learned much by analizing his themes)

Holo themed version of Touchwiz ClockPackage
I've themed and slightly modified the Clock application to bring it as close to the AOSP style, as possible.
A lot of touchwiz resources were replaced by original Android resources, the holo theme was also applied to the application activities. (AOSP menus, popup windows, etc)
Hope you like it!

Requirements

ICS or JB rom. 240 DPI

Screenshots

Album with 46 screenshots (including landscape)

Known issues

The map for the world clock does not work, it is removed for now.
The toast message (saying alarm will alert in x hours later) does not show up.
In JB, the checkboxes on the "delete alarms" and "delete cities" screens does not show properly. (The checkbox only updates when the "delete all" checkbox is pressed.)

Solved issues / Changes

The "alarm repeat" / "snooze" / "smart alarm" radio buttons now have an indicator image.
The "My files" app is not included in this version. If you want to use your own alarm sounds, put them into "sdcard/Alarms"
Unnecessary resources were removed, therefore the apk size is reduced to 2.1MB (from 4.9MB)

Download

Download the CWM flashable zip (apk + media files)
Download only the apk (if you already have the media files)

Installation

1) Remove your previous clock from system/app (Move ClockPackage.apk to the sdcard). For CM10/9 I recommend disabling the default Clock. (Apps / Clock / Disable)
2) Install the cwm zip package.
or
Extract the cwm zip and manually put ClockPackageHolo.apk to system/app, and media files to system/media
3) If you have any problems with the app, post it here! (You can come back to this thread using the link under Settings / Credits)

If you find this useful, please hit [Thanks]! Thank you! :)

Last edited:

CanadaJim

Feb 25, 2011
Guelph
Great effort, Gyebro. It looks really nice and I'd love to use it a lot but I'm using 182 dpi. Nobody has done a multi-dpi version of this app and there are a lot of Slim ROM users who would love it.

Any chance on that?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Gyebro

May 6, 2012
Great effort, Gyebro. It looks really nice and I'd love to use it a lot but I'm using 182 dpi. Nobody has done a multi-dpi version of this app and there are a lot of Slim ROM users who would love it.

Any chance on that?

Next week maybe I'll have some time to make an mdpi version. :) (But cannot guarantee that)

Mr.AFK

Feb 2, 2012
NICE.
atm i use the Clockpackage v2.4 from kage00 under 215dpi without problems on my phone.
especially with smart alert and there the touchscreenfunction (v2.2 worked, v2.3.5 doesnt work for me, v2.4 works again).

Witch other problems can be, with other dpi?

CanadaJim

Feb 25, 2011
Guelph
NICE.
atm i use the Clockpackage v2.4 from kage00 under 215dpi without problems on my phone.
especially with smart alert and there the touchscreenfunction (v2.2 worked, v2.3.5 doesnt work for me, v2.4 works again).

Witch other problems can be, with other dpi?
The alignment, especially in the stopwatch, of numbers and : characters is off. Things aren't centered either. Functionally everything works, but how it looks is also important.

uploadfromtaptalk1352112527319.jpg

Reactions: Mr.AFK

Mirko ddd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2010
Piazza Armerina
Next week maybe I'll have some time to make an mdpi version. :) (But cannot guarantee that)
to fix your bugs restart from scracth, edit manifest xml and replace "DeviceDefault" stuffs to "Holo", this will save you lot and lot of work.
And edit clock style in framework res to match holo clock style.

:rolleyes:

Mr.AFK

Feb 2, 2012
This Here is the holothemed Version of the app in the Thread you Has linked!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: seanpr123

Gyebro

May 6, 2012
Excuse the dumb/silly question, but what's the difference between this app and the one found here?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1639750
Yes, the difference is that this one is holo-themed. And one minor thing is that the radio buttons are now visible in the alarm repeat / smart alarm options.

to fix your bugs restart from scracth, edit manifest xml and replace "DeviceDefault" stuffs to "Holo", this will save you lot and lot of work.
And edit clock style in framework res to match holo clock style.

:rolleyes:
I have done it that way (replacing touchwiz themes, with holo themes in manifest, and replacing most of touchwiz styles with holo styles), but evil coders at Samsung have used a lot of custom elements (for example TWSoftkeyView and TWSoftkeyItem) which cannot be styled or modified easily (and there is no drawable resource behind them in the apk! -> They are getting resources from framework-res). And because I am not allowed to modify framework-res, I had to edit some smali, to redirect these custom elements to the drawable resources of the apk.

daniloz

Jun 25, 2013
Thanks for the Touchwiz ClockPackage, I just love the Smart Alarm function !!!!

I've made a small change in the LockClock (the Clock Widget from CM10), so that it automatically launches the Touchwiz ClockPackage when clicking the clock, as it used to launch the CM DeskClock. Now my system is complete again !

If someone wants to try it, just drop me a line and I'll send you the file or instructions...

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work on NeatROM 4.8 (4.1.2)? I've flashed the CWM package after removing the old clock package apk, but the new clock app won't launch when i try it. Just getting a black screen and then FC.

I love the look of this and would really like to have it working. Any ideas?

Justin Thought

May 5, 2013
Monterrey
Thanks!

I fell in love with the "soft alarm" function of this app when I was using that ROM, and I missed it! Thanks for your work.

Running this on an SGS2 with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Dirty Unicorns, and the app is working perfectly for me!

Last edited:

JulesCMay

Aug 9, 2010
Afraid Ilve got problems...

Hi.

Thanks for this mod. Generally it works, and I've got my smart alarms (and programmable snoozes) back on my SGS2. But I've got two wrinkles, which I think may be related, and I wonder if you can shed any light on them.

1. There seems to be three copies of all the smart alarm sounds!
2. Countdown timer breaks. When it reaches zero, it says "Unfortunately, Clock has stopped". When clock restarts, that's when the alarm sounds. The only way to cancel the alarm is to countdown again, let it stop again.

If it helps, I installed the clock manually.

Any help gratefully received!

joaoptc

Mar 7, 2012
Belo Horizonte
I am too looking for a version of this alarm that works on 4.4.2 (CM11)
I have a S2 and I just left the stock Samsung firmware and I managed to get the radio working.
I am now just missing the soft alarm from this app.
Please let me know if there is a port or a similar app with soft awake mode (Intelligent mode).

Thanks !

Reactions: kurtph1969

I98

May 21, 2013
I am too looking for a version of this alarm that works on 4.4.2 (CM11)
I have a S2 and I just left the stock Samsung firmware and I managed to get the radio working.
I am now just missing the soft alarm from this app.
Please let me know if there is a port or a similar app with soft awake mode (Intelligent mode).

Thanks !
how did you get the radio working, is it the samsung stock one?