Ported Notifications/theme for Optimized Galaxy W Stock V2 ROM

Search This thread

cris555

Aug 11, 2011
Here you go....

Important: this is made for KezraPlanes Optimized Galaxy W Stock V2 ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1438452 . I dont know if it will work with V1 of the ROM without any Issues but its working great on V2.

I personally tested this on my phone (Im using Optimized Galaxy W Stock V2 by Kezra) and I didn't encounter any issues.

Again.. CRT animation is enabled ;)

Please backup your Framework-res.apk, systemUI.apk and settings.apk before flashing the zip.

I will not be responsible if something goes wrong with your phone.. flash at your own risk :)

Instructions:

1. Download and place the zip file in your SD card.
2. Reboot your phone to recovery.
3. Install zip from recovery.
4. Reboot and done..

Credits to Kezra for this ROM and also Team Carbon for the steelblue theme.

ScreenShots:

ICS

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

SteelBlue by TeamCarbon

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Download SteelBlue here --> http://www.multiupload.com/KYYAQ4Q0ZN

Orange Theme credits to rixsta (Juicy Orange Theme)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Download Orange Theme here --> http://www.multiupload.com/HY53OU9I85

wanna go back to original stock theme? just flash this in recovery --> http://www.multiupload.com/EBXQK2GME5

Enjoy!! ;)

Updated ICS_V4 is now available ;)

ICS_V7 is now available for Black Notes Chapter 2 ROM

Attachments

• ICS_V2.zip
    8 MB · Views: 3,252
  • orange_wallpapers.zip
    313.3 KB · Views: 288
  • ICS_V4.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 422
  • ICS_V7.zip
    5 MB · Views: 451
Last edited:

Thiso

Mar 16, 2010
thanks for porting to v2. works like a charm.
One stupid question though: what exactly is CRT animation? is it a boot animation?
I don't see such thing during boot; just black screen (besides samsung stuff). Do I need to activate it somewhere?

thanks

nicchua

Oct 25, 2011
as the title says "Ported Notifications/theme for Optimized Galaxy W Stock V2 ROM"

this is for Kezra's Optimized Galaxy W Stock V2 ROM.. you can flash it if you are using the said rom. :)

so sad, im using the stock room but finding ICS theme to apply...

anyway, nice theme there !!! :)

cris555

Aug 11, 2011
One stupid question though: what exactly is CRT animation? is it a boot animation?
I don't see such thing during boot; just black screen (besides samsung stuff). Do I need to activate it somewhere?

thanks

see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdWaDS_CIqI

you can activate it by going to settings>display>animation> then choose "all animation"

:)

Reactions: Thiso

fender90

Nov 23, 2011
Venice
Thanks mate! But I have a question: is the ICS style included in the Blue Theme or I have to install them both to get what you are using in your screenshots?

Nevermind, I got it :D

I tried it on XXLA2 stock rom and it works ;)

Last edited:

[CREATURE]

Sep 9, 2011
test and work perfect man ;)
but what if I want to change from one theme to another theme,
does it should be overwritten with the next theme :confused:

can you also added basic theme mate,
so if I want to go back to the beginning I just reflash it :D

cris555

Aug 11, 2011

just install the zip in recovery and the current theme will be overwritten..
the link for the original stock theme is posted at the bottom of the first post ;)

Reactions: [CREATURE]

fender90

Nov 23, 2011
Venice
Cris, I hope you don't mind I translated your post in italian and put it in our Androidiani forum (the guys over there are not that good in English). Of course I wrote all credits for this theme go to you :)

cris555

Aug 11, 2011
Cris, I hope you don't mind I translated your post in italian and put it in our Androidiani forum (the guys over there are not that good in English). Of course I wrote all credits for this theme go to you :)

sure go ahead fender..share it to our friends over there at Androidiani ;)

i will upload another theme in a while :D

Reactions: [CREATURE]

1haumann1

Oct 28, 2011
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I dont know if it will work with V1 of the ROM without any Issues but its working great on V2.

it doesn't work on optimized V1. i have try it and the phone is getting on-off, on-off, on-off........... :D

btw, the SteelBlue Theme is fantastic. i had it on my Galaxy Mini and have it very missed on my W.

Thanks for that, i love it

Last edited:

jahlee

Dec 4, 2011
another dimension
Google Pixel 3
Niceee....luv the ics..
I hve 1 request..how about semi transparent status bar.?ahhh..it would be great..
Just my suggestion..XP

I do wanna learn modding this framework-res.apk thing..but I dunno where's to start..

Now i'm trying googling for crack this Sammy proprietary file..what i'm talking about here Bootanimation..they using .qmg file rite? I just ran out of idea when know about this sammy' crap...they just want all of their user staring on that shiny glamorous corporate logo when booting their device..they wanna told us tgat "this is a samsung device".!really..i just annoy with that bootanimation..
Errrr...sorry if my reply here is out of topic..i just wann ask if u know about this thing coz u more advance than me...

Thx dude

Last edited:

iSadic

Feb 25, 2011
Hi! Why in the ICS v2 you've removed the switching apps animation? In v1 there is it...

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA App

aotta

Jul 13, 2009
Thank you for these themes!
I like the ics' one very much, but my want keep his original stock version..... but love the CRT off animation!!!
Can you made a version for keeping the original theme with only the CRT animation added??

SyzwnFrzRdz

Jan 19, 2012
City of Light
How to backup "Framework-res.apk, systemUI.apk and settings.apk"? Using what app? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Thank you for these themes!
I like the ics' one very much, but my want keep his original stock version..... but love the CRT off animation!!!
Can you made a version for keeping the original theme with only the CRT animation added??

Where to copy the .zip file? And did you backup "Framework-res.apk, systemUI.apk and settings.apk"?? :confused::confused: One more thing, how do you make it happen? I'm sorry, an indeed noob. :(:(:(

jahlee

Dec 4, 2011
another dimension
Google Pixel 3
How to backup "Framework-res.apk, systemUI.apk and settings.apk"? Using what app? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just go into this directory using file manager that has root privileges like,root explorer,es explorer, etc... copy that file and paste to ur desired directory in sd card.

Framework-res.apk;
/system/framework/

SystemUI-apk;
/system/app/

Just like that...if that answer refer to u question .if not,ignore me..:D

Sent from another space

Last edited:
Reactions: SyzwnFrzRdz

SyzwnFrzRdz

Jan 19, 2012
City of Light
Just go into this directory using file manager that has root privileges like,root explorer,es explorer, etc... copy and paste to ur desired directory in sd card.

Framework-res.apk;
/system/framework/

SystemUI-apk;
/system/app/

Just like that...if that answer refer to u question .if not,ignore me..:D
Sent from another space

You mean...lets say i download the ICS.zip...should i extract it? Then what should i do next? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go....

Important: this is made for KezraPlanes Optimized Galaxy W Stock V2 ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1438452 . I dont know if it will work with V1 of the ROM without any Issues but its working great on V2.

I personally tested this on my phone (Im using Optimized Galaxy W Stock V2 by Kezra) and I didn't encounter any issues.

Again.. CRT animation is enabled ;)

Please backup your Framework-res.apk, systemUI.apk and settings.apk before flashing the zip.

I will not be responsible if something goes wrong with your phone.. flash at your own risk :)

Instructions:

1. Download and place the zip file in your SD card.
    2. Reboot your phone to recovery.
    3. Install zip from recovery.
    4. Reboot and done..

Credits to Kezra for this ROM and also Team Carbon for the steelblue theme.

ScreenShots:

ICS

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

SteelBlue by TeamCarbon

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Download SteelBlue here --> http://www.multiupload.com/KYYAQ4Q0ZN

Orange Theme credits to rixsta (Juicy Orange Theme)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Download Orange Theme here --> http://www.multiupload.com/HY53OU9I85

wanna go back to original stock theme? just flash this in recovery --> http://www.multiupload.com/EBXQK2GME5

Enjoy!! ;)

Updated ICS_V4 is now available ;)

ICS_V7 is now available for Black Notes Chapter 2 ROM
    Same thing happen in Brunei ....:( unable to open the link

guys its easy to port themes.. just grab a non-cm7 theme from galaxy s2 thread or any other device that has same resolution as galaxy w (480x800).

you will need systemui.apk and res-framework.apk of your selected theme.

1. Extract systemui.apk and res-framework.apk from your rom. also extract the systemui.apk and res-framework.apk from steel blue theme.
    2. using 7-zip, extract your res-framework.apk (from your rom) to a folder.
    3. using 7-zip again, extract res-framework.apk of your chosen theme to a folder (in this case the res-framework.apk of steel blue theme) then navigate to res\drawable-hdpi
    4. Using winmerge http://winmerge.org/ compare both drawable-hdpi folder.
    5. sort the differences.. you will see that winmerge will indicate what files are identical (meaning same filename) and what files are not existing to the original apk.
    6. from the program winmerge, delete files from extracted steel blue drawable-hdpi folder that dont exist in your original extracted drawable-hdpi folder.
    7. also delete the xml files from the extracted steel blue drawable-hdpi folder.
    8. after the deletions, open your original res-framework.apk using 7-zip and navigate to res\drawable-hdpi. (dont extract.. just open archive).
    9. drag all the similar image files from extracted steel blue folder to the open archive. (overwrite all).
    10. replace your original res-framework.apk with the modified one. flash it thru cmw or replace it using root explorer (just be sure that you replicate the original file permission of res-framework.apk) or use adb to push the apk.. if you want you can use uotkitchen zip (just replace the apk with the modified one then flash in cwm).
    11. reboot and enjoy.
    12. for systemui.apk, it is the same process as the one you did in res-framework.
    13. done, just be sure to have a backup systemui.apk and res-framework.apk before performing the steps.

I will not be responsible for any bootloops that may occur... do it at your own risk :)

thanks

see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdWaDS_CIqI

you can activate it by going to settings>display>animation> then choose "all animation"

:)

just install the zip in recovery and the current theme will be overwritten..
    the link for the original stock theme is posted at the bottom of the first post ;)

sure go ahead fender..share it to our friends over there at Androidiani ;)

i will upload another theme in a while :D