• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PORTING][ALPHA] Sailfish os 2.0

Search This thread

Port r

Feb 27, 2016
Sylhet
Sailfish installation fails

I installed the android then when tried installing the sailfish in top if it, it fails. I have been using android 6 do I have to have android 5 bootloader installed?
Android 5 starts up but the sailfish fails to install.
I'm formatting system data cheche and internal too.
I'm using twrp. Can someone shed some light on how to not fail sailfish flash file installation installation?

gigitux

Oct 28, 2012
Napoli
I installed the android then when tried installing the sailfish in top if it, it fails. I have been using android 6 do I have to have android 5 bootloader installed?
Android 5 starts up but the sailfish fails to install.
I'm formatting system data cheche and internal too.
I'm using twrp. Can someone shed some light on how to not fail sailfish flash file installation installation?

Change filesystem of /data from fsfs to ext4 from recovery.

Please if you can, help me to debug follow the previous post

Reactions: Port r

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
My net is slow,i am downloading it now.I will send you the output of the commands[emoji106] but as this is my primary device,i will have to revert to cm13 often. Anyways,does nandroid backup work with sailfish?I was thinking of switching os via latest nandroid taken.

Its 20:27 here gmt 5:30, download will take another 7 hours. i hope i can report soon.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

still, could you you please try making one for cm13.0 based roms? Because most of the custom ROMS available for osprey are 13.0-based.
Well even if cm13 support is added, sailfish would still wipe out a large portion of cm to install itself.Just thinking :)

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
okay so here we go(in the same sequence of your given commands)-

1. Here is the first dmesg output
2.Here is ls command after cd /firmware/image.
3.Here is the output of 'ls' command after gunzip mba.mbn.gz
4.Here is the last dmesg output.

Edit:BTW,you really should add a line in op that flashing this wipes internal storage. I learnt it the hard way when i reverted to cm13 now.:crying::crying:

Last edited:

Port r

Feb 27, 2016
Sylhet

Tried it, it's giving the same error. It says error 7 failed to install USB/....... Sailfish... I also tried installing it from internal with same result. I wish I were a developer and could help. I'm tired of power hungry android and I hate iPhone, I hope one day you make my phone great by making sailfish work. all I could do for u is say thank and mean it for bringing the sailfish for moto g3.

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Tried it, it's giving the same error. It says error 7 failed to install USB/....... Sailfish... I also tried installing it from internal with same result. I wish I were a developer and could help. I'm tired of power hungry android and I hate iPhone, I hope one day you make my phone great by making sailfish work. all I could do for u is say thank and mean it for bringing the sailfish for moto g3.
Do you have the turbo edition (merlin) ? I searched Google for error 7 and it looks like twrp is thinking the zip package is not meant for your phone (using asserts in updater-script). It flashed correctly in my osprey (both cm12.1 and sailfish). In case you are facing this error when flashing cm 12.1, you can try redownloading from cm website, it's there (i had a copy of this one and used it.)

Reactions: Port r

Port r

Feb 27, 2016
Sylhet

Do you have the turbo edition (merlin) ? I searched Google for error 7 and it looks like twrp is thinking the zip package is not meant for your phone (using asserts in updater-script). It flashed correctly in my osprey (both cm12.1 and sailfish). In case you are facing this error when flashing cm 12.1, you can try redownloading from cm website, it's there (i had a copy of this one and used it.)

I have osprey I downloaded it from cm12.1 from cm site, it installs but the sailfish installation give the error 7. I also reflashed the stock loli bootloader then installed TR cm12.1 followed by sailfish-hope file which failed then rebooted and it boots into cm 12.1. I'll try it again by redownloading the files and post back. The download doesn't support pause/resume I used ADM with multi thread off. Which downloaded do u recommend? Or do I reflashed the whole stock loli and start fresh?

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
I have osprey I downloaded it from cm12.1 from cm site, it installs but the sailfish installation give the error 7. I also reflashed the stock loli bootloader then installed TR cm12.1 followed by sailfish-hope file which failed then rebooted and it boots into cm 12.1. I'll try it again by redownloading the files and post back. The download doesn't support pause/resume I used ADM with multi thread off. Which downloaded do u recommend? Or do I reflashed the whole stock loli and start fresh?

Well I first downloaded to uc cloud(built in to uc browser) and downloaded to my phone using the browser itself. Possibly the sailfish .zip is corrupted. You can match the md5. Also make sure you have latest twrp. :)

Port r

Feb 27, 2016
Sylhet

OK this is dumb. I downloaded sailfishos_titan_release and have been trying to install it for 1 whole month. I don't know how I did it but I did it. I am so, so sorry for wasting ur time like this. If u hadn't pointed out that TWRP is saying I'm flashing zip meant for another device, I would have been trying flash it for 3 more months and failing. Again sorry and thanks. Ill download the right 1 and post back something that wouldn't waste you time.

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
OK this is dumb. I downloaded sailfishos_titan_release and have been trying to install it for 1 whole month. I don't know how I did it but I did it. I am so, so sorry for wasting ur time like this. If u hadn't pointed out that TWRP is saying I'm flashing zip meant for another device, I would have been trying flash it for 3 more months and failing. Again sorry and thanks. Ill download the right 1 and post back something that wouldn't waste you time.
Haha good thing is that it didn't ruin your hardware.This is my first sailfish experience (I refrained from even viewing screenshots till having it)and i am thinking to switch over when it reaches a little maturity.Best of luck and please report back.[emoji106]

gigitux

Oct 28, 2012
Napoli
okay so here we go(in the same sequence of your given commands)-

1. Here is the first dmesg output
2.Here is ls command after cd /firmware/image.
3.Here is the output of 'ls' command after gunzip mba.mbn.gz
4.Here is the last dmesg output.

Edit:BTW,you really should add a line in op that flashing this wipes internal storage. I learnt it the hard way when i reverted to cm13 now.:crying::crying:

Thanks for help and sorry :(

For now i'm busing with exams, so i have need a full working smartphone, but in the coming weeks I will return to work at project :)

Are you sure that you have performed the procedure correctly?

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Thanks for help and sorry :(

For now i'm busing with exams, so i have need a full working smartphone, but in the coming weeks I will return to work at project :)

Are you sure that you have performed the procedure correctly?
Yes I am pretty sure I have done it correctly. But if I made a mistake somewhere, just say, I will send fresh logs as soon as I can.

Anyways, Study first!![emoji16]

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Unable to enable WLAN when setting up. Help Please.
OP has already provided the commands , look some pages back please. Toggles in GUI are not working yet.

Edit: Here I copied the instruction

1. Open terminal
2. sudo passwd
3. Insert password
4. su
5. Insert password
6. modprobe wlan

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Forever Alone

Jun 22, 2012
This is soooooo coooolll mann!!! :D Would love to see it as a stable build (tho not in hurry at all).. Thanks a lot for this !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction
    Porting of Sailfish OS

Images

Installation instructions

Wipe /system, /data, /cache
    Flash cm 12.1 snapshot
    Flash Sailfish OS
    Reboot
    Enjoy

What work
    Touchscreen
    Vibration

Thanks to
    Code:
    Cyanogenmod Team
    Alberto 97
    squid2
    #sailfishos-porters especially mel-

DOWNLOAD IN XDA:DevDB

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sailfish OS 2.0, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    gigitux
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-05-06
    Last Updated 2016-05-06
    Little update:
    I fix wifi, no i will try fix RIL

STAY TUNED
    What are the bugs in this rom?
    RIL is working or not?

For now works only touchscreen and vibration.
    I'm working on RIL and wifi

Stay tuned!
    Reboot and run again modprobe wlan with user root

I was wondering exactly the same thing.Taking windows loaders and xposed thingies in mind; it may be possible to inject the modem files to the setup or fool it to think they are in required location.But I admit I have never seen anything like that before.

Guys i have already tried with syslink, but i have not success.

Try yourself, extract all file that are in /firmware/image, in another directory.

Do a syslink in /firmware/image (first mount partition with mount -o remount,rw /firmware).

The only result was a device reboot.

P.S: For connect to device telnet 192.168.2.15 2323
    Its the best phone os. Android turned words like smart os and multi tasking into joke. To describe this os I have to add the word true. Its a true smart phone os with true touch ui, multi tasking is super, they really stay opened until u close them. Task lists are live, even with windows 8,8.1 and 10 couldn't do it like sailfish. Its a true smarts os for touch screen smart phone with true touch ui, true multi tasking and true everything else. The only thing its missing is an Ubuntu touch like toggles from top.
    This os would make the moto g3 great. I have been waiting for this os for looong, i just hope this gets ready before I decide to through away moto g 3 for moto g 4.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Please someone bring some more owsome developers in, to help get sailfish for moto g3 ready for daily use. God will bless u all