[PORTING][ALPHA] Sailfish os 2.0

Search This thread

Port r

Feb 27, 2016
Sylhet
Its the best phone os. Android turned words like smart os and multi tasking into joke. To describe this os I have to add the word true. Its a true smart phone os with true touch ui, multi tasking is super, they really stay opened until u close them. Task lists are live, even with windows 8,8.1 and 10 couldn't do it like sailfish. Its a true smarts os for touch screen smart phone with true touch ui, true multi tasking and true everything else. The only thing its missing is an Ubuntu touch like toggles from top.
This os would make the moto g3 great. I have been waiting for this os for looong, i just hope this gets ready before I decide to through away moto g 3 for moto g 4.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Please someone bring some more owsome developers in, to help get sailfish for moto g3 ready for daily use. God will bless u all

akka47

Nov 5, 2014
Really excited for this! Hopefully progress will be made eventually, keep the good work!

samirza692

Mar 1, 2016
Guys i am not a noob nor a developer if i can try to install this os may brick my device?? I know basic things like how to flash file using fastboot or using twrp. so will i try it on my device . If yes how can i try and Sorry for my bad english. And thanks for this awesome work for our devices.

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Guys i am not a noob nor a developer if i can try to install this os may brick my device?? I know basic things like how to flash file using fastboot or using twrp. so will i try it on my device . If yes how can i try and Sorry for my bad english. And thanks for this awesome work for our devices.
Just backup your internal storage because flashing it will wipe it. Twrp>wipe>advanced wipe>dalvik,cache partition, /system.
Then, TWRP>Wipe>advanced wipe>check only /data>repair/change file system and change it to ext4. Now flash CM12.1 first, then the sailfish. Done.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

Last edited:

samirza692

Mar 1, 2016
Just backup your internal storage because flashing it will wipe it. Twrp>wipe>advanced wipe>dalvik,cache partition, /system.
Then, TWRP>Wipe>advanced wipe>check only /data>repair/change file system and change it to ext4. Now flash CM12.1 first, then the sailfish. Done.

Thanks for your reply where to download sailfish os i saw source on 2nd page but didnt find os.
Thanks in advance.

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Its in the download section. You have to use a web browser to view it, tapatalk and simikar apps might not show it.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli[/QUOTE

Yes,i am using web browser google chrome i can see all file and can download it but there is osprey sailfish notes but not os.
b8139041d54bdcd8f49e38d2d29ed064.jpg

Weird. The links are working fine for me.
Edit : No note files either.

bluesy_kush

Aug 18, 2016
I really really want to see the progress of this project. It is so exciting to see Sailfish OS up and running on your device. Thank you so much gigitux but please update this build if you can.. we all have been waiting for months now. Do let us know about it :)

Reactions: Gravemind2015

mkocmut

Jan 11, 2016
Be Kind, please rewind..

No offence dude but XDA doesn't allow place holders.. �� and Ima waiting fo this!!

You're authorized, and requested as a representative on the behalf of XDA-Developer's? Sure doesn't sound like the community I've been here along through the years with. The one we, as testers, developers and contributer's have come together in an OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY, to bridge the lack of what device manufacturer's fail to provide.

Nobody here is "place holding", nobody from what I can see has claimed to have invented, innovated or be sole-bearer to the rights, designs nor developments that this fine, newfound Developer has gone as far to provide yet something unique and different than another bug-riddled build of Android.

You should consider giving him credit, this is not how extend gratitude wether its offensive or not. This is very offensive, don't make light of demeaning and slandering someone who has made the comittment and dedication it takes to become a credible, self-made developer. I think myself, as well as most other poster's from the community can agree, if you feel that morally or credibly a poster, developer or anyone who falls into the criteria, that you could handle this in healthier, non-offending, positive and respectful manner. If you feel you need to voice your concerns, do it over a PM, or take it up with the attending Moderator's, otherwise keep negative feedback that is otherwise a irrational judgement. We build things up here, not close them up and isolate someone who in an open source development community depends on fair criticism and feedback that he/she will use to better themselves and projects and grow to be like so many Dev's we owe it to for providing what we are grateful to have. Unless, of course you are good with bootloader-locked, stock firmware with no modifications nor customizations?

This, this is meant with no offense. Tough but firm, Drama belongs on Facebook. This is a community not a dumping ground. Please post within reasonable expectations, or just don't say anything at all. Constructive criticism is what it is, but you are blessed with the keen-ability to demean somebody? Think about it, I don't know if you contribute or have any development background, but this is alot of hard work, long durations glued to a screen driven to not stop until not possible to do so, or achievement is made.

A developer in numerous languages, platforms and arch's. I speak for myself, this hardworking port this poor guy has struggled to provide....for nothing, no pay, no reward. As well as other developer's. All I can ask is, please be nice on behalf of developer's and the blood and sweat they sacrifice for everyone else's enjoyment and leisure.

Good job to OP, keep it going. This is a little off the beaten path from Android in a sense. Let me know if I can be of assistance, I've some pretty in-depth knowledge of the sailfish project while designing my own, independent platform. Happy developing. -mkocmut:D:good::good:

HelpMeruth

Aug 29, 2015
Sweden
You're authorized, and requested as a representative on the behalf of XDA-Developer's? Sure doesn't sound like the community I've been here along through the years with. The one we, as testers, developers and contributer's have come together in an OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY, to bridge the lack of what device manufacturer's fail to provide.

Nobody here is "place holding", nobody from what I can see has claimed to have invented, innovated or be sole-bearer to the rights, designs nor developments that this fine, newfound Developer has gone as far to provide yet something unique and different than another bug-riddled build of Android.

You should consider giving him credit, this is not how extend gratitude wether its offensive or not. This is very offensive, don't make light of demeaning and slandering someone who has made the comittment and dedication it takes to become a credible, self-made developer. I think myself, as well as most other poster's from the community can agree, if you feel that morally or credibly a poster, developer or anyone who falls into the criteria, that you could handle this in healthier, non-offending, positive and respectful manner. If you feel you need to voice your concerns, do it over a PM, or take it up with the attending Moderator's, otherwise keep negative feedback that is otherwise a irrational judgement. We build things up here, not close them up and isolate someone who in an open source development community depends on fair criticism and feedback that he/she will use to better themselves and projects and grow to be like so many Dev's we owe it to for providing what we are grateful to have. Unless, of course you are good with bootloader-locked, stock firmware with no modifications nor customizations?

This, this is meant with no offense. Tough but firm, Drama belongs on Facebook. This is a community not a dumping ground. Please post within reasonable expectations, or just don't say anything at all. Constructive criticism is what it is, but you are blessed with the keen-ability to demean somebody? Think about it, I don't know if you contribute or have any development background, but this is alot of hard work, long durations glued to a screen driven to not stop until not possible to do so, or achievement is made.

A developer in numerous languages, platforms and arch's. I speak for myself, this hardworking port this poor guy has struggled to provide....for nothing, no pay, no reward. As well as other developer's. All I can ask is, please be nice on behalf of developer's and the blood and sweat they sacrifice for everyone else's enjoyment and leisure.

Good job to OP, keep it going. This is a little off the beaten path from Android in a sense. Let me know if I can be of assistance, I've some pretty in-depth knowledge of the sailfish project while designing my own, independent platform. Happy developing. -mkocmut:D:good::good:
Bad day?

Reactions: therealduff1

robot_head

Jun 13, 2015
las vegas
Do i have to find the link myself in xda, or is that the fun of it, searching. I don't mind doing that but usually something else will catch my attention and I will forget what I was originally searching for, a link would be really cool in the OP

Sent from my ASUS_Z00D using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction
    Porting of Sailfish OS

Images

Installation instructions

Wipe /system, /data, /cache
    Flash cm 12.1 snapshot
    Flash Sailfish OS
    Reboot
    Enjoy

What work
    Touchscreen
    Vibration

Thanks to
    Code:
    Cyanogenmod Team
    Alberto 97
    squid2
    #sailfishos-porters especially mel-

DOWNLOAD IN XDA:DevDB

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sailfish OS 2.0, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    gigitux
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-05-06
    Last Updated 2016-05-06
    Little update:
    I fix wifi, no i will try fix RIL

STAY TUNED
    What are the bugs in this rom?
    RIL is working or not?

For now works only touchscreen and vibration.
    I'm working on RIL and wifi

Stay tuned!
    Reboot and run again modprobe wlan with user root

I was wondering exactly the same thing.Taking windows loaders and xposed thingies in mind; it may be possible to inject the modem files to the setup or fool it to think they are in required location.But I admit I have never seen anything like that before.

Guys i have already tried with syslink, but i have not success.

Try yourself, extract all file that are in /firmware/image, in another directory.

Do a syslink in /firmware/image (first mount partition with mount -o remount,rw /firmware).

The only result was a device reboot.

P.S: For connect to device telnet 192.168.2.15 2323
    Its the best phone os. Android turned words like smart os and multi tasking into joke. To describe this os I have to add the word true. Its a true smart phone os with true touch ui, multi tasking is super, they really stay opened until u close them. Task lists are live, even with windows 8,8.1 and 10 couldn't do it like sailfish. Its a true smarts os for touch screen smart phone with true touch ui, true multi tasking and true everything else. The only thing its missing is an Ubuntu touch like toggles from top.
    This os would make the moto g3 great. I have been waiting for this os for looong, i just hope this gets ready before I decide to through away moto g 3 for moto g 4.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Please someone bring some more owsome developers in, to help get sailfish for moto g3 ready for daily use. God will bless u all