• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PORTING][ALPHA] Sailfish os 2.0

Search This thread

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Do i have to find the link myself in xda, or is that the fun of it, searching. I don't mind doing that but usually something else will catch my attention and I will forget what I was originally searching for, a link would be really cool in the OP

Sent from my ASUS_Z00D using Tapatalk
Open this page in a web browser such as chrome, look in the top for 'downloads' tab and click on that. Your done.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

Port r

Feb 27, 2016
Sylhet
Could u changes the file name from sailfishos-osprey-release-2.0.1.11-hope.zip to sailfishos-osprey-release-2.0.1.11-hopeless.zip? I'm tired of waiting with no sign hope. I can't bring myself to move on with that hope there.

Stefano 99

Nov 12, 2015
Torino
The problem of this OS is that it can't read compressed modem files. And Osprey has compressed modem files.
So, for now, we can't have a working porting of this OS.

Stefano99

Inviato dal mio MotoG3 utilizzando Tapatalk

NicoGig

Oct 5, 2008
London
It's truly a bummer that this is not being actively developed anymore (at least, it seems to be this way).
On another note: The Moto G 2014 LTE has got a working Sailfish OS port. I'm not sure, but maybe they've also got compressed modems. If that's the case OP (if he wants to continue the port) or someone else willing to step up and continue the port could ask the dev of that port for advice on how to solve our problem.

Reactions: Gravemind2015

nicolasmart

Apr 17, 2014
Varna
It's truly a bummer that this is not being actively developed anymore (at least, it seems to be this way).
On another note: The Moto G 2014 LTE has got a working Sailfish OS port. I'm not sure, but maybe they've also got compressed modems. If that's the case OP (if he wants to continue the port) or someone else willing to step up and continue the port could ask the dev of that port for advice on how to solve our problem.

Chances are - the OP already has a new phone. Several days ago, I left my Moto G³ in the history, and got my Xiaomi Mi A1. I'm just interested to see when will this phone die.

Galaxyninja66

Jan 25, 2015
Milton
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Introduction

Images

Installation instructions

What work

Thanks to
Code:
Cyanogenmod Team
Alberto 97
squid2
#sailfishos-porters especially mel-

DOWNLOAD IN XDA:DevDB

XDA:DevDB Information
Sailfish OS 2.0, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
gigitux
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-05-06
Last Updated 2016-05-06

any plans on updating this?

Lukasm7

Jul 30, 2015
I remember on my last phone moto g2 with lte this rom works fine, everything, Wifi, Bluetooh, Ril, Signal, the only problem i had is i not possible install apps (android apps), so why for this model could not work??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction
    Porting of Sailfish OS

Images

Installation instructions

Wipe /system, /data, /cache
    Flash cm 12.1 snapshot
    Flash Sailfish OS
    Reboot
    Enjoy

What work
    Touchscreen
    Vibration

Thanks to
    Code:
    Cyanogenmod Team
    Alberto 97
    squid2
    #sailfishos-porters especially mel-

DOWNLOAD IN XDA:DevDB

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sailfish OS 2.0, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    gigitux
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-05-06
    Last Updated 2016-05-06
    Little update:
    I fix wifi, no i will try fix RIL

STAY TUNED
    What are the bugs in this rom?
    RIL is working or not?

For now works only touchscreen and vibration.
    I'm working on RIL and wifi

Stay tuned!
    Reboot and run again modprobe wlan with user root

I was wondering exactly the same thing.Taking windows loaders and xposed thingies in mind; it may be possible to inject the modem files to the setup or fool it to think they are in required location.But I admit I have never seen anything like that before.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

Guys i have already tried with syslink, but i have not success.

Try yourself, extract all file that are in /firmware/image, in another directory.

Do a syslink in /firmware/image (first mount partition with mount -o remount,rw /firmware).

The only result was a device reboot.

P.S: For connect to device telnet 192.168.2.15 2323
    Its the best phone os. Android turned words like smart os and multi tasking into joke. To describe this os I have to add the word true. Its a true smart phone os with true touch ui, multi tasking is super, they really stay opened until u close them. Task lists are live, even with windows 8,8.1 and 10 couldn't do it like sailfish. Its a true smarts os for touch screen smart phone with true touch ui, true multi tasking and true everything else. The only thing its missing is an Ubuntu touch like toggles from top.
    This os would make the moto g3 great. I have been waiting for this os for looong, i just hope this gets ready before I decide to through away moto g 3 for moto g 4.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Please someone bring some more owsome developers in, to help get sailfish for moto g3 ready for daily use. God will bless u all