Porting GingerZaraki to the Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Hey guys :) I'm RohinZaraki of the X8 forums...recently i started developing my own rom; GingerZaraki and since then, I've had 3 PM's asking me to port this rom for the Mini...and I even recieved this...so I wanted to ask you guys, would you really want this ROM for your phones and if so, are there any experienced testers here ? I don't know anyone here so I can't handpick Beta testers like i did in the X8 forums..if I see people interested in wanting this ROM for the Mini, this thread will be turned into a disscussion thread for the rom till it's released in the Dev section :) Btw, I have a 2 week break so you better make your decision fast so I can start my work early ;)

Hope to hear from you guys soon :)

-RZ

P.S. No trolling or flamming...

Last edited:

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Test builds

This is where I'm going to post test builds for you guys to test and report :).

Build 1-Based on GingerZaraki V02. Bugs : Lags, no torchlight option, no squash imput keyboard.

Build 2-Changes : Added squash imput, Added torch.apk, merged and added many tweaks from my unreleased V03 test build to help with the lags. Bugs : ??? (Awaiting testers)

Last edited:
Reactions: SmG67

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Only nAa 11

Edit : Do you guys have any other custom kernel for the X10 Mini besides stock, nAa 11 and nAa's ICS kernel ??

Last edited:

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Changelog is in the rom itself under CM settings/System/View changelog. As for the features, you can check it out in my original thread. Click on my sig

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

SmG67

May 2, 2012
Nice work!
Install: OK
Boot: OK
Works: OK
Bugs: Longpress Homebutton on lockscreen to turn on flashlight does not work
Profile option in settings-menu is misaligned (small annoyance really, see screenshot)
Gallery feels slow and unresponsive (don't know why, it's the same as on other roms and it usually works fairly smooth)
Every now and then the UI is unresponsive, it detects all presses you do, but reacts very late, so if you press a second time because an option or app doesn't react immediately, it will send you through to whatever that option or app expects from a tap in that same area. (hope that I explain myself clearly enough)

Overall impression: fairly smooth, clean, basic CM7

Suggestion: Add SE Squashiinput (or other clean t9) keyboard, standard android full qwerty keyboard is a pain on our small screen.

edit: Desperately missing Homescreen/Appdrawer options, dock is locked, so not able to change the apps launched from there (I use my messaging app more than the browser, so i want to change that)

Attachments

• screenshot-1338042954527.png
    screenshot-1338042954527.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: RohinZaraki

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Nice work!
Profile option in settings-menu is misaligned (small annoyance really, see screenshot)
Gallery feels slow and unresponsive (don't know why, it's the same as on other roms and it usually works fairly smooth)
Every now and then the UI is unresponsive, it detects all presses you do, but reacts very late, so if you press a second time because an option or app doesn't react immediately, it will send you through to whatever that option or app expects from a tap in that same area. (hope that I explain myself clearly enough)

Suggestion: Add SE Squashiinput (or other clean t9) keyboard, standard android full qwerty keyboard is a pain on our small screen.

edit: Desperately missing Homescreen/Appdrawer options, dock is locked, so not able to change the apps launched from there (I use my messaging app more than the browser, so i want to change that)

Thanks so much :) ok for the torch bug, im not too sure, may have to port the feature from a X10 Mini rom. As for the launcher, its stock 2.3 launcher so there's no customization for it :( you can easily download a new one from the play store :) As for the t9 keyboard, I'll see what i can do ;) and as for the unresponsiveness, there has been many performance tweaks and modifications to my X8 version since the one i posted here :) i'll be sure to merge and implement those tweaks in the 2nd build :D

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
I will :) I just wanted to make sure there are people interested in the ROM first. Plus, the Mods said you can open a thread in the general section to plan developing something :D...plus i need to know if it works in the 1st place

@Everyone else : Expect a 2nd test build soon :)

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Uploading Build 2 :) What to expect ; Added squash imput, Added torch.apk, merged and added many tweaks from my unreleased V03 test build to help with the lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys :) I'm RohinZaraki of the X8 forums...recently i started developing my own rom; GingerZaraki and since then, I've had 3 PM's asking me to port this rom for the Mini...and I even recieved this...so I wanted to ask you guys, would you really want this ROM for your phones and if so, are there any experienced testers here ? I don't know anyone here so I can't handpick Beta testers like i did in the X8 forums..if I see people interested in wanting this ROM for the Mini, this thread will be turned into a disscussion thread for the rom till it's released in the Dev section :) Btw, I have a 2 week break so you better make your decision fast so I can start my work early ;)

Hope to hear from you guys soon :)

-RZ

P.S. No trolling or flamming...
    Test builds

This is where I'm going to post test builds for you guys to test and report :).

Build 1-Based on GingerZaraki V02. Bugs : Lags, no torchlight option, no squash imput keyboard.

Build 2-Changes : Added squash imput, Added torch.apk, merged and added many tweaks from my unreleased V03 test build to help with the lags. Bugs : ??? (Awaiting testers)
    Kernel?

Hi bro and thanks to port this rom but,
    is for stock or nAa Kernel?
    Nice work!

Nice work!

Thanks so much :) ok for the torch bug, im not too sure, may have to port the feature from a X10 Mini rom. As for the launcher, its stock 2.3 launcher so there's no customization for it :( you can easily download a new one from the play store :) As for the t9 keyboard, I'll see what i can do ;) and as for the unresponsiveness, there has been many performance tweaks and modifications to my X8 version since the one i posted here :) i'll be sure to merge and implement those tweaks in the 2nd build :D

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone