• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Porting honeycomb to the Galaxy Tab *update 4/2/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

paulshields

Nov 17, 2006
Liverpool
So, I'm a bit tired of waiting for someone more experienced than myself to do the job and I haven't seen any confirmation that anyone is even working on this. I am starting today on porting Honeycomb to the Tab.

However, I'm a programmer, not an engineer, so the final product, if it even works, will likely have major issues (think no 3g, no camera, random FCs etc.) It is possible to do though, I have confirmed that much with my CS professor/friend.

So, if in three to four weeks no skilled dev gets it done, you'll at least have my crap attempt and maybe someone can fix it.

Just don't expect a lot.

May God bless you and all who sail with you!

btw - your post is a perfect example of how to set expectations :). Seriously, good luck. Confucius, he says - a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step :).

Reactions: MRCOOLCABMAN

alvaradorocks

Mar 1, 2009
Clarksville
avnet.ws
If you need me to compile something with my ubuntu (x64) vm, I have all the needed tools recommend by google. I'm downloading the android source right now to compile 2.3.3 for the tab. But I can help whenever you need any...

Digiguest

Dec 26, 2010
Ontario
Thought that I posted this before but perhaps it did not go through....

Use this as a baseline.

Link removed due to it NOT being what the article said it was.

Last edited:

munce31

Feb 26, 2011
Im no developer, but i believe that its more worthwhile for programmers and engineers to port Honeycomb rather than gingerbread to the Galaxy Tab as honeycomb is tablet based.

Good luck to you. Godspeed.

roy8846

Oct 18, 2006
God luck man hope some other dev's jump in and help :)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts