Porting LineageOS to an Unsupported Device (with no similar devices)

Search This thread
Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
im just getting a 404 error on the website, i'll just use lineage 15.1
I'm not sure what is happening, as the link works for me, so here is the website address in case I made a mistake in my last post.

K8 Note​

Last edited:

w_tapper

I'm not sure what is happening, as the link works for me, so here is the website address in case I made a mistake in my last post.

K8 Note​

i mean the actual lineageos 17.1 file download link leads to a 404

Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Ok I did a search and I couldn't find that rom either. Sorry about this, however after doing some further searching, I did find a GSI for Android 10 (It's not Lineage though, it appears to be ASOP).

Here is the link on how to install it:

I just thought I'd let you know that I tested the download of the file they recommended in the guide and I was able to download it.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Please ignore tgia, I posted it wrong. Stroked it out as I didn't kniw how to delete the post.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
i mean the actual lineageos 17.1 file download link leads to a 404
Ok I did a search and I couldn't find that rom either. Sorry about this, however after doing some further searching, I did find a GSI for Android 10 (It's not Lineage though, it appears to be ASOP).

I just thought I'd let you know that I tested the download of the file they recommended in the guide and I was able to download it.

Reactions: w_tapper

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria

Please stop linking "getdroidtips" they do no original work. Get gsi from phhusson on github.

w_tapper

tysm, will try later tonight

Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL

you could try porting this over
That's exactly what I'm actually planning to do lol. The only issue I'm having right now, is tracking down the correct kernel for my specific phone (I see Motorola has posted them on Github, I'm just trying to understand which one of the msm android 12 sources, is the right kernel I need). Then of course I will need to get the vendor images and the device tree.

Reactions: w_tapper

Top Liked Posts