Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

majortaylor

Jul 11, 2012
I just want custom kernels for speed and battery. I prefer TW on the Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

An actual recovery like twrp would be nice too! But a custom kernel that can match the battery life of the t mobile variant would just be awesome

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
If this works. This would be sooo sweet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not gonna give up hope until designgears and the ones working on it come out and say otherwise. I mean, they've been working on it all day now, I think they would have realized that simple of a problem pretty quick.

Oh well. Now only if someone could leak that private signing key.

*Mirror removed due to copyright claims*

Yeah, that was his response when I asked about the keys. They've got it. Don't believe the nay-sayers just yet. :good::fingers-crossed:
    I saw this and nearly jumped out of my seat! Not sure if its legit or if/how it works. Does this look good for us?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51983540

EDIT:

ALL HANDS ON DECK! Skilled developers please look at these files/this utility! It seems to have been deemed worthy of a twiceover by designgears!

*Mirror removed due to copyright claims*
    Yep. Time to ditch it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Oh well. Now only if someone could leak that private signing key.
    There is a difference in a compiled available apk, and confidential source code / tools never publicly available.

Also well, they asked. When an OEM asks for removal, and the request is legit we do it. We have removed leaked builds, and source in the past from multiple OEMs, Qualcomm isn't special.

It's the law, and we kinda want XDA to stay around.

Also, again, these files had no reason to be where they were. They were previously leaked by Sony (not Samsung). The poster lied to us (me directly) about the origin.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Whoa, I never lied to anyone regarding the source. In fact only 1 person asked about the source (not including the nice dmca notice), and I told them.

The info posted publicly was a legit qualcomm tool, it is used across vendors.

I'm very sorry to get hopes up, but calling me a liar is unnecessary. I've helped countless people with my restore method and defaming me isn't appreciated and only scares futures users into using unproven, possibly more dangerous, methods.

Moving forward, I'll refrain from hysteria releases. I won't ask for help from developers, I'll just work on my own when I have time like I've done in the past. It may not be "as juicy" as your preferred security bulletin leaks, but my contribution will help someone. Hell, it may even contribute to some of your future efforts, and that was the whole point.

Edit-

To the whole stepping over the line on sharing this info - the information contained in the qpsa tool isn't new information. We all know how to sign images. Releasing that info would not affect QCom's bottom line. It does not make them money, therefore I felt okay with posting it. The real issue was the certificates posted. I understand QCom's issue with those being shared (they'll just update remotely to recover from the loss). It just gave us a bit of a head start.

Note - Trade secrets are only trade secrets if a reasonable attempt at security is performed. I found all the files through a friggin Google search.

If anything I feel that the ethical issues surrounding this conversation is the real concern. I'm the one who that will ultimately have to deal with it though. I promise you'll sleep soundly after all is said and done. I promise that I'll continue to use the limited resources I have to force my equipment do the things I want it to. If I have to use proprietary code to get it to that state I'll still do it - my device is mine, doesn't that make it an IP?

Tell me you wouldn't unlock your Note 3 even if you understood that the method utilized close sourced code.
    It's done, it's over with. Let it go.
    It was a fun ride though.

Sent from my Xoom using a Starfleet secured channel