Possible fix for CM7 and new market

Search This thread

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix

arda99

Jan 4, 2011
It was a leaked market 3.0.26 at that time but we're currently using official 3.0.27. No idea about the change is it possible that 3.0.27 fix the 160dpi issue?

zequav

Aug 14, 2011
It was a leaked market 3.0.26 at that time but we're currently using official 3.0.27. No idea about the change is it possible that 3.0.27 fix the 160dpi issue?
Nope. I reported it in a previous market 3.0.x thread (old username), and I was already in .27. 160 dpi b0rks My Apps, no matter what market you're using. But if you can "fix" the issue just by clearing the market data with 3.0.27, this is great news. I'll flash gapps-0729 with the next nightly and pray :).

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
Well, I've been messing with keysmod and other things involving a lot of reboots, and the Market just reset itself spontaneously, requiring me to accept the terms of service again and then popping up with Movies gone, so this could be quite the temporary fix indeed.

I was able to re-fix and revert to my preferred density of 187 quickly by using the LCD Density app to set to 160, then clear data in the Market, then reboot. Because changes in the LCD Density app don't persist through reboot, my system reverted to the 187 density in build.prop.

PoisonWolf

Feb 8, 2009
My goodness, the instructions here finally saved me! I managed to upgrade 5 ~ 6 other apps, including Repligo Reader!

Yeehaw!

skwalas

Feb 22, 2011
Well, I've been messing with keysmod and other things involving a lot of reboots, and the Market just reset itself spontaneously, requiring me to accept the terms of service again and then popping up with Movies gone, so this could be quite the temporary fix indeed.

I was able to re-fix and revert to my preferred density of 187 quickly by using the LCD Density app to set to 160, then clear data in the Market, then reboot. Because changes in the LCD Density app don't persist through reboot, my system reverted to the 187 density in build.prop.
I lost my fix upon checking the market this morning too. So definitely a very temporary fix.

Two steps forward one step back. Am debating seeing how long I can go keeping dpi at 160.

But first I've two questions: what does "borking the market" even mean? App stops closing, or the NC develops beer goggles, or chiselu's pink pony flies in and kneecaps you? And is the borking reversible? (Some have said clearing market data is sufficient, but does that fix the whole bork or only part of the bork? And are borks sentient?)

zequav

Aug 14, 2011
Great, simply clearing market 3.0.27 data definitely repopulates the My Apps list. This is great; with the old market (2.x) I had to clear market cache, clear services framework data, reboot... and pray.

So... setting 160 dpi in my install script again :)

rmontrose

Dec 7, 2009
This fix worked great on my Nook Color that wasn't allowing me to download many apps, including Youtube or Flash.

ChrisPappas

Jul 1, 2011
An even easier fix:

• Using Root Explorer, rename /system/app/MarketUpdater.apk to /system/app/MarketUpdater.bak
  • Reboot
  • Go to Settings-->Applications-->Manage applications-->Market and select Uninstall updates

This will get you back the old market and it won't update.

Chris

Reactions: lattiboy

arda99

Jan 4, 2011
An even easier fix:

• Using Root Explorer, rename /system/app/MarketUpdater.apk to /system/app/MarketUpdater.bak
  • Reboot
  • Go to Settings-->Applications-->Manage applications-->Market and select Uninstall updates

Chris

this is the old method. it will work but you wouldn't get update notification for installed apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regarding this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1196417

Thanks for pointing out and after some more tests, seems that its all about DPI.

To fix, edit build.prop and change
    Code:
    qemu.sf.lcd_density=161

to
    Code:
    qemu.sf.lcd_density=160
    then reboot.

this will change lcd density from 161 to 160. CM7 uses 161 for some reason but seems 160 will get all the blocked apps back.

After rebooting, clear market data and run market again. If you've removed/frozen the market updater app, enable it to get the new market. Those blocked apps should be available then.

Note:
    160 will break market at some point per Dalingrin. I'm not sure but it works fine after several reboots so far(n154 on emmc).
    I can confirm that it's NOT all about DPI, and likely not anything to do with DPI. I tried this, rebooted, cleared market app data, got all my apps back. Then, I switched back to 161, rebooted, and STILL had all my apps. this means that 161 also shows the apps after clearing data.

Then I rebooted again (still at 161), and what-hey-presto, I've STILLLLLL got all my apps!

Screw the DPI. Just clear market app data.

Your data was set/cached at 160 and when you back to 161, market still uses old data with access to all the apps. So this does work but market might refresh the data and broken again.

You may clear data under 161 and check the result. Vice versa, if you were on 161 and just switched to 160, you also need to clear data or the market will still use old data from 161 dpi.
    An even easier fix:

• Reboot

Chris