[POSSIBLE FIXES] Battery drain 5.1.1

Has android wear 5.1.1 affected the battery life?

• Made it worse

Votes: 166 89.2%
  • Improved battery life

Votes: 20 10.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

glukasil

Sep 28, 2006
Interesting find.....while the drain i cannot access the battery stats...what could it mean?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

rainbowsixpro1

Feb 15, 2011
RLP
Samsung Galaxy S9+
OnePlus 7T Pro
I got mine yesterday and its okay so far...

http://imgur.com/3zRUE2g

3zRUE2g

drew1129

Apr 5, 2011
Ok i made it onto the 5th day after the reflash from PC companion. I late on the 4th day just because it was getting low. it drained sometime after 2am. I know someone else mentioned it came back after the reflash, but thought i would mention it.

wally44

Jan 2, 2012
Ok i made it onto the 5th day after the reflash from PC companion. I late on the 4th day just because it was getting low. it drained sometime after 2am. I know someone else mentioned it came back after the reflash, but thought i would mention it.
Yep. It comes back after the reflash with PC Companion and it also came back this afternoon a day after the Android Wear update on the phone. I caught it before it killed my battery by rebooting the watch, but the typical zombie unnamed zombie robot was consuming a big fraction of the battery. I've been able to make it through the night normally. A couple of times the rapid drop seemed to self-limit and stop after a period of time. Why, I have no idea.

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
I just got google wear update...hopefully it is the fix

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

The companion app?
If it's 1.1.1.2016316 then no it's not.
Also I'm pretty sure it's going to be a watch OS fix...

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

anthmania

Oct 13, 2014
Battery is pretty good on mine...

im on 5.1.1.

Right now, according to the android wear app, my watch battery graph details below:
* 23/6 - 12am = just below 100% (looks like 97%?)
* 24/6 - dotted line (12am i think - a full day) = about 60%
* 24/6 - 3:42pm (now) = 35%
* estimate = approx 24 hours left

So, ive gotten a day so far and likely to hit two full days (i.e. 48hours).

In terms of my usage:
* i work in an office environment so am getting an email notification/reminders almost every 20-30min.
* get whatsapp notifications on average about once an hour
* have used it control music (just a bit)
* am using Facer as my watchface, no live animations - just basic info such as time ,day, date, weather and battery level

Having said all that, i have noticed on some days that there can be massive battery drain over the course of an hour, but fortunately has not been happening too often.

Apps i have installed:
* facer
* watchmaker
* ghostracer

Reactions: SvenII

1ndroid

Apr 22, 2012
Today i got the drain again.
It stopped then and on my watch is "com.android.lto" has stopped.
Couldn't find anything about this.
Anybody an idea?
7108c82f8d345a81ad31b6cf140c2862.jpg
3dcd2ff69eda6ed765d64d0aff1ed971.jpg

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
Only that the drain is a known issue to Google and they have started they're working on a fix.

And personally I've found rebooting the watch after fully charging it stops it from triggering.

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Free mobile app

vnx

Apr 18, 2010
I've been hit with the battery drain bug as well, but I am mindful of my watch when it hits.

The best way to keep the battery going is to reboot the device every 10 hours or so, not just after charging. This method has worked for me so far and the reboot takes only a minute. Hope this helps.

Ambient on always on, tilt to wake off. WiFi and location off.

lekofraggle

Oct 10, 2010
I have massive drain, and what is worse is the heat it generates makes the watch difficult to wear. This is my first wear device, and I am not impressed. Is anyone else finding it impossible to do simple things like turn off WiFi? I click the WiFi automatic button, and then I click turn WiFi off, but now thing happens. That may be related to my issue. I have tried all the other fixes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

My name is Johan and I work for Sony Mobile. I would like to inform you that our SmartWatch team is looking into this as we speak but it would be great if you guys would be willing to help them out by providing bug reports from the watch.

Please do only take and share reports of when the battery drain is happening.

Here is two ways of taking the report.

* From the Android Wear app on the phone:

* Tap the hamburger menu (3 vertical dots) and select "Report wearable bug"
    * Wait for the notification on the watch saying "Bug report captured"
    * On the watch swipe the notification left and select "Open"
    * Read the information and if you agree, tap "OK"
    * You will get a notification on the phone, when you tap it is possible to (for example) upload the bugreport to Google Drive and share the link on xda

* From the watch, using the UI:

* Enable Developer options
    * Go into "Settings"->"About"
    * Tap "Build number" until you see "You are now a developer"
    * Go into "Settings"->"Developer options"
    * Enable "Bug report in menu"
    * Go back to the watchface
    * Swipe left 3 times to get to the "Speak now" screen
    * Swipe all the way down and tap "Take bug report"
    * Wait for the notification on the watch saying "Bug report captured"
    * On the watch swipe the notification left and select "Open"
    * Read the information and if you agree, tap "OK"
    * You will get a notification on the phone, when you tap it is possible to (for example) upload the bugreport to Google Drive and share the link on xda
    Thank you all for contributing with bug reports. The SmartWatch team have recevied the information they need so they don't need any more logs.

So now you can remove your bug reports from Google Drive, which I suggest that you do.

If any more information is required or when I have any status updates on the investigation I will get back to you.

Thank you all!
    Hi all,

Google have finally confirmed this is an issue and they are working on a fix:
    https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/android-wear/SulEHMS1ETk/TVh25aK6e2AJ

Note, This issue affects multiple watches:
    https://productforums.google.com/fo...source=footer#!topic/android-wear/SulEHMS1ETk

However, the SW3 seems to have the most people complaining - not sure if it's the most affected watch, or just that more people own it...

thanks,
    Charlie
    Today I've disinstalled battery mix and I reinstalled it when the smartwatch was in battery drain, in this manner I've resetted the data and I've found what are the process that causes battery draining...
    screen.png
    • It is not reception or Bluetooth (happens without phone connection / airplane mode)
    • it is not wifi (or cloud sync or anything else related, people tried with wifi off)
    • It is not Android Wear phone app (tried with old app, still got random drops. Also happens on airplane mode when no phone app can affect the watch.)
    • It is not specific wear app (people have this bug with various app configurations. Also rogue user app would show up on battery historian).
    • It is not faulty system install (reinstalled from scratch using PC Companion, same thing).

To conclude it, I don't think it is anything we can control, something is messed up in system/drivers. I don't want to sound negative, but it seems only thing we can do is switch to 5.0.1 and wait for Sony to hopefully fix this.